PDA

View Full Version : Searching for a part

mr corsa
30th March 2007, 10:31 PM
ok i need a outer cv joint for my barina part number 09201725 and before you say holdens this part in their computer australia wide is now OBSOLETE which s.h.i.t.s me so if any body knows of aftermarket ones let me know this applies to 01-05 1.8l sri,s

blueraven
31st March 2007, 01:28 AM
wanna try autovaux? seriously they have never let me down in the 5 years i have been getting bits for my calibra and astra..

www.autovaux.co.uk

platypus
31st March 2007, 10:10 AM
why not a bearing supplier? try cbc, or bsc

mr corsa
31st March 2007, 10:17 AM
why not a bearing supplier? try cbc, or bsc

not avaliable

Wraith
1st April 2007, 09:02 AM
Do what BR suggested - Autovaux.........

Not only will they have what you want, it'll be cheaper than buying it over the counter from a Holden outlet, even if they had the part ;)

pred8r
1st April 2007, 10:37 AM
How the FK can GM justify an obsolete a consumable for a model that only finished 2yrs ago?

Is there not a replacement part, or do you now need to buy a complete assembly?

mr corsa
1st April 2007, 01:46 PM
Do what BR suggested - Autovaux.........

Not only will they have what you want, it'll be cheaper than buying it over the counter from a Holden outlet, even if they had the part ;)

180 pounds plus shipping

mr corsa
1st April 2007, 01:50 PM
How the FK can GM justify an obsolete a consumable for a model that only finished 2yrs ago?

Is there not a replacement part, or do you now need to buy a complete assembly?

wots even more funnier that the 05 sri barina runs the same part number and in theory its still under warranty

they will sell me a complete assembly outer /inner cv and shaft for a $1000 plus where just the outer is $312

blueraven
1st April 2007, 03:17 PM
180 pounds plus shipping

ouch!

they will sell me a complete assembly outer /inner cv and shaft for a $1000 plus where just the outer is $312

but notice holden is an even bigger ouch!

i'd be off the the wreckers, because even autovaux's price seems alot for acv joint...

(by the way i just had a cv boot replaced under warranty and they said bothing about my mods...worth a shot taking it to a dealer who doesnt know the car..?)

mr corsa
1st April 2007, 03:19 PM
out of warranty and most holden dearlers know the car lol
and the latest currency price
180.00 GBP

=

438.040 AUD

United Kingdom Pounds Australia Dollars 1 GBP = 2.43356 AUD 1 AUD = 0.410921 GBP

CAL.16V
2nd April 2007, 02:28 PM
give cv joints australia a call... think thats their name... they are located in auburn ... should be in the yellow pages under cv joints .... should hvae them if they have them for cally turbos

mr corsa
2nd April 2007, 02:31 PM
give cv joints australia a call... think thats their name... they are located in auburn ... should be in the yellow pages under cv joints .... should hvae them if they have them for cally turbos

i think already have

CAL.16V
2nd April 2007, 11:02 PM
last time i was there some guys brought one in from an old laser and the guys made one up out of different parts as they had a famila turbo motor and some other gearbox so was a few differnet parts so if its out of the car might be worthwhile to take it in to see if they can make one up or call them up and see if they can make one?

Wraith
3rd April 2007, 01:46 PM
Check and see if they can do what Pat suggested and at what price...

Otherwise you may have no choice, but to get em from the U.K.

I wouldn't be too confident sourcing them from the wreckers, or other s/h ones, they might already be knackered or worn out........

mr corsa
3rd April 2007, 03:42 PM
thanks pat for that info but sid was unable to help but anyway the problem has been solved

pred8r
3rd April 2007, 04:23 PM
Dont keep us in suspense......how did you solve it?

kz_11
5th June 2007, 06:09 AM
mm...where is the holden parts outlet?