PDA

View Full Version : Something to drool about, 1000Nm Monster

bornwild
29th March 2007, 07:56 PM
As the good ol' Clarkson himself put it:
"God didn't have this much force when he created the world"

The equation is simple:

2 Biiiiiig Turbos + 5.5L V12 = 450kw@4800rpm, 1000Nm@2000-4000rpm(Downgraded)

To put this in plain english, it has shitloads of power, it has so much power that it accelerates a 2.2 tone car in 4.4s to 100km/h.....it can't do much quicker cause it has too much torque(I didn't think I'd ever say this about a car) and the tires are too damn small(275s at the rear).

It's probably better equipped inside than Bill Gates' living room and will give you a hard on in less time than John Howard. It has some tripped out paint and the brakes on this thing would cause your kidneys to shift spots with your liver.

Only disappointing thing is, it's not something we haven't already seen from Merc. Theres the same engine with the same power output connected to the same 5speed box. C'mon break the 500kw barrier and set those poor 200 Newtons free and give them those 2 more damn gears to play with.

I know this car goes against all laws of morality, but I would sell my wife and house for one of these because it doesn't come cheap, $1000/kw....(hmmm probably cheaper than my wife when I think about it).

3 words for this car,

F**k me dead!:D

EDIT: forgot the link in all the excitement :D

http://www.netcarshow.com/mercedes-benz/2008-cl65_amg/

NXA-16H
29th March 2007, 10:14 PM
Very attractive vehicle my friend. Very attractive indeed.

Yet if I had that serious a bank account to afford such a machine, my Vehicle of choice would most likely be as follows:

http://i3.tinypic.com/49k4sa9.jpg

NXA-16H

btm
30th March 2007, 09:01 AM
big picture, for a big car? :)

Wraith
30th March 2007, 09:39 AM
I know from 1st hand experience what that kind of power and torque feels like and what it feels like in a 960kg car :eek: (check out the 'old members' on OpelAus thread :)

It's awesome alright......

I am and have been for a while now in the process of putting together a twin turbo LS1 or LS2, just deciding whether to go ahead and do it with a VZ Monaro or GTO or wait for the the VE coupes...

KID_SRi
31st March 2007, 03:17 PM
A LS1 L98 6.0 (VZ) Or LS2 are Quick as standard, So 2 Turbos would be a Monster. Do It Wraith :)

auzvectra
31st March 2007, 04:26 PM
I know from 1st hand experience what that kind of power and torque feels like and what it feels like in a 960kg car :eek: (check out the 'old members' on OpelAus thread :)

It's awesome alright......

I am and have been for a while now in the process of putting together a twin turbo LS1 or LS2, just deciding whether to go ahead and do it with a VZ Monaro or GTO or wait for the the VE coupes...

thats funny we have been contemplating the idea in the old boys VY commo, or to upgrade to a monaro for the looks also ;).

Wraith
1st April 2007, 08:44 AM
Don't worry guys it's only a matter of time, it's been on the cards since mid 2005, but I decided to hold off when I caught wind back then of a whole new 2 door coupe to come from GMH...I'm hoping for an AWD with a much better set up than the previous coupe 4 and with a manual option.

I even had a deposit on a new VZ CV8Z Monaro but withdraw my purchase :o

The set up I had ready to go was the APS tt install, it's awesome, even as a straight bolt on - 400kw atw - instant 11sec Monaro, but I was going to get the engine and driveline fully prepped to take full advantage of the tt kit, which can produce 746kw on an LS1 or LS2.

Auzvectra do it, there are now lots more V8 forced induction kits to choose from and the prices are more competitive also......CAPA have some very well priced kits to choose from :)