PDA

View Full Version : check this clean astra

rusole21
29th March 2007, 04:55 PM
http://www.corsasport.co.uk./board/v...=347865&page=1 (http://www.corsasport.co.uk./board/viewthread.php?tid=347865&page=1)

btm
29th March 2007, 05:08 PM
that is unbelieveable :eek:

looks awesome, wonder how much it all cost him??

the wheels looks heaps better in the new colour

MK
29th March 2007, 05:13 PM
fantastic read...i would give it a go if i had the money (and a VxR)

really pity about all the comments he received, looks like most people are either full of envy, are absolutely immature and can not appreciate car enthusuasts input...

the photos are great...the recaros are a fantastic work no doubt. i heard about zymol and their car cleaning prducts. impressive stuff.

Misguidedangel
29th March 2007, 05:20 PM
theres a difference between being a car enthusiast and being a little too obsessed with paint work...

i think he was twat.. like the interior, but seriously spending that much time washing a car, its only going to get dirty again... unless he's one of those people who buy things and not use them

ope126
29th March 2007, 05:23 PM
I wonder if Paul can do that to my cars?!:D :D :D

Seriously, well done! That is amazing. ;)

rusole21
29th March 2007, 05:24 PM
theres a difference between being a car enthusiast and being a little too obsessed with paint work...

i think he was twat.. like the interior, but seriously spending that much time washing a car, its only going to get dirty again... unless he's one of those people who buy things and not use them
i think that people that look after their cars and also advertise their buisnesses are not twats!! he is a profesional and i would hire him.
people that call enthusiasts twats are twats!!!

Poogene2001
29th March 2007, 05:47 PM
I like cars cos they are fun to drive...

Shaun
29th March 2007, 05:50 PM
One Very Clean VXR. Only thing is if its new i wouldnt have Buffed the paint. Its needs time to settle before you buff i believe. But after seeing the Piano Black Centre Console i think i will wait for an 07 VXR now.

SIMid
29th March 2007, 06:41 PM
The Astra now belongs in a bubble.:p

OPC
29th March 2007, 07:02 PM
But after seeing the Piano Black Centre Console i think i will wait for an 07 VXR now.

yes agreed... i know take back the comment of the piano black lookin ghey and say it looks friggin awesome

bornwild
29th March 2007, 07:12 PM

I thought the same but then I realised it's his job, he works for a detailing company :). If he don't work for a company and does that, he really is a twat...unless it was a ferrari

Ishley
29th March 2007, 07:17 PM
There is a big difference in the paintwork. Alot of time spent doing it too :eek:

shoey85
29th March 2007, 07:34 PM
bit of an over kill it is just an astra afetr all. different if it were a bugatti!

EL BURITO
29th March 2007, 08:11 PM
i give him credit for it, no mater wat car it is.

and most of the ppl on Corsa Sport are kids with corsa B's

miss beckie
29th March 2007, 08:45 PM
looks nice....but i don't like the blue!!!!!!!!!

Greggy
29th March 2007, 09:11 PM
Saw these pics a day or so ago - you have to hand it to him - it does look the mutts !

But in alot of ways a total waste of time over here (weather, roads and other drivers) ! (unless he never plans to drive it !!)

NXA-16H
29th March 2007, 09:13 PM
Each to their own, I guess.

I mean, the man certainly loves his Astra to the point of going hyper-anal on the paintwork, and appears to have deep enough pockets to afford such an operation. And that's fine.

As I said, Each to their own.

But for a Vauxhall???

Let's face it. Would any of us do the same if it had a Holden Emblem on it?

I'd hazard a guess of a resounding NO WAY JOSE.

Some people just have more Dollars (or Pounds Sterling) than sense.

NXA-16H

Charlatan
29th March 2007, 09:38 PM
What a waste of time and money.

imad4u
29th March 2007, 10:00 PM
if i had the time and money i wouldnt hesitate to do that... mind you the wax in the clear twin tube is $6700 US

Red AH SRI T
30th March 2007, 08:48 AM
wow, what an effort.

Hell, if i had the time and money, and never drove my car I'd do that. But I don't, so i won't.

btm
30th March 2007, 09:43 AM
looks nice....but i don't like the blue!!!!!!!!!

really?? i think the blue looks the biz!

Apex
30th March 2007, 09:58 AM
I have spent a rainy weekend detailing a car before and I thought I was weird, but this guy takes the cake:p .

Even if it gets dirty the next day it doesn’t matter as he has got the wax on the car witch is a protective layer. Waxing a car protects it from scratching & swirl marks etc etc and keep the car looking new.

Good on him.

Wraith
30th March 2007, 10:38 AM
That looks awesome, love what he's done with the interior - Recaro actually sells those seats in that 2 tone colour scheme design....

Glad to see I'm not the only fanatic out there when it comes to polishing/detailing a car........when I do the works on mine it usually takes me the better part of 2 weeks to complete, in and out of every nook n cranny even under the car cops the treatment :)

I use a 2 foot neon tube light to show up all defects - it does the job well !

Trouble is, probably like me, he has to adopt a no wet weather drive policy to keep it looking good.

MatsHolden
12th April 2007, 11:58 PM
Not a good idea doing that to the polycarbonate lenses on the headlamps... Just removed the UV protective coating to prevent the lense yellowing and 'frosting' from exposure to the sun. Sure looks awesome now all polished, but give it time...

Shaun
13th April 2007, 02:34 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0TszY1ZqxiA&mode=related&search=

Check out the Bead though after it was done.

aussie_in_london
13th April 2007, 02:52 AM
I know Marc and he is a top bloke and very helpful with detailing advice,
its what he does and he is good at it, Paul who done all the pc work for Marc is a friend of his and is classed as one of the best detailers in the UK, been in plenty of auto mags and tv shows

here is a link to a job they both did on a bugatti veyron, this very car was drven by Craig May on Top Gear

http://www.vxronline.co.uk/messageboard/viewtopic.php?t=4618

xcgumby
13th April 2007, 06:55 AM
You have to admire the guy - I think. Obviously, its his business & the chat this post generates must eventually turn into cash.

But for me, its about the process. I've spent a day on each the Passat & Astra doing the poor mans version - meguiars, armourall etc. This kind of thing does make it much easier to clean later. (Which I still do in my driveway as discretely as possible with L5 water restrictions).

bill142
13th April 2007, 08:28 PM
So who else thinks this is some kind of product placement/viral advertising/the guy was being paid by Zymol? Zymol products or logos seem to pop up everywhere. Hell, the Zymol shirt he's wearing is a subtle touch..

KID_SRi
13th April 2007, 08:51 PM
I think it looks awesome.
I had a mate that worked @ Lance Dixon Ferrari do my SRi when I 1st got it, Trust me its all worth the Money. I could cleam the body with a Spray Bottle and a Chamois for 2 years after it was done. He used Zymol,3M & Fereclar(SP?) Products.