blueraven
27th March 2007, 02:33 PM
nice. hopefully it is.

btm
27th March 2007, 02:44 PM
almost a bit VE commo-ish.... almost

Misguidedangel
27th March 2007, 02:46 PM
eww i hope not... looks like a viva and a fiat punto...

luvpsi
27th March 2007, 02:48 PM
hmm... not bad but i think i prefer the curent model AH from the front:rolleyes:

digifish
27th March 2007, 02:50 PM

I hated the AH Astra when it came out. I thought they had completely poxed-up the marque. Now I own and AH one...time and familiarity will breed attraction :)

digifish

luvpsi
27th March 2007, 02:57 PM
actually now that I had a better look at the photo it reminds me of mazda3/6 from the front:)

CJB
27th March 2007, 03:15 PM
mmm... certainly is different.

but remember when the AH came out, it wasnt well liked... but now with model variants and updates and time in general it's grown on people.

So having said that, I think this would be a winner.

woody
27th March 2007, 03:17 PM
The original quote from teh bottom of the page on which that picture lives states:

The new OPEL Astra celebrates its premiere in September 2009

(rough translation)

maloo97
27th March 2007, 03:30 PM
Not a fan!

Yuk Grill , Yuk bubble.

Mainframe_Module
27th March 2007, 05:39 PM
looks like a bigger version of the new corsa to me? hmmm....

which wouldnt actually be surprising...toyota is doing the same with the yaris and new corolla/auris.

so it wouldnt be that strange that the next astra looks like a bigger new corsa...hmmm

i prefer the current one *nod*

Calibrated
27th March 2007, 05:43 PM
the 1st Opel that i dont like...eek...prefer the current AH.....

Vectracious
27th March 2007, 05:45 PM
actually now that I had a better look at the photo it reminds me of mazda3/6 from the front:)

Ditto..........

bornwild
27th March 2007, 07:11 PM
It's only one of the numerous artists impressions floating around the net. Expect the new Astra to go inline with the design of the new Vectra, for whom the concept was presented at the Geneva Motorshow this year, the Opel GTC Concept. The Astra will borrow the DNA from this concept.

http://www.netcarshow.com/opel/2007-gtc_concept/

Mainframe_Module
27th March 2007, 08:59 PM
It's only one of the numerous artists impressions floating around the net. Expect the new Astra to go inline with the design of the new Vectra, for whom the concept was presented at the Geneva Motorshow this year, the Opel GTC Concept. The Astra will borrow the DNA from this concept.

http://www.netcarshow.com/opel/2007-gtc_concept/

hmm......this concept and the 'artist impression' above look almost the same to me, id say the artist impression borrowed more than just the dna....cause the shape is veeeeeeeeery simmilar, aside from them being different body shapes.

the face of it anyway..the grille and headlights and shape on either side, they look pretty much the same.
hmm

dieselhead
27th March 2007, 09:09 PM
it looks like a pumped up version of the new Corsa imho...

Wraith
28th March 2007, 11:56 AM
That's an interesting pic........o/a I don't mind it.

It certainly does have a resemblence to alot of other cars - I also see a resemblence to the Mazda 3 front end, especially the headlights !!!

rjastra
28th March 2007, 12:07 PM
Photoshop as ALOT to answer for :)

2+yrs away = little chance of knowing what it will look like.

It's like the latest WRX pics. They look nothing like the artists impressions released only 8 months ago!!

dustbug
28th March 2007, 12:24 PM

I agreem totally a viva look alike.

BUT i dont mind it at all, may a few small changes to enhance the look.