PDA

View Full Version : Spare wheel?

tommy88
27th March 2007, 09:41 AM
Ok the other day i had a problem wid a high curb on an exit of a round-about, it made short work of my passangers front wheel (lukaly i only have steelies) didnt effect me car atall jus folded me wheel in half (picture comeing soon)!!!

So just wondered where i would get a new spare wheel from? i havent been in aus for that long and wasnt shore where to go!

Thanx for ur help

Dee
27th March 2007, 10:00 AM
www.yellowpages.com.au or www.whitepages.com.au
to find your nearest Bob Jane Tmart, Bridgestone Tyre Centre, etc

InsaneAsylum
27th March 2007, 10:19 AM
just go to a local wheel and tyre place.

are you sure your suspension is in good order? if you folded your wheel in half i at least expect you to have bent or misaligned something on the front left hand side

btm
27th March 2007, 10:31 AM
yeah, what insane said... i'd be getting it checked out further maybe, sounds like pretty hard contact was made?

JR
27th March 2007, 11:08 AM
folded ur wheel in half!!! wow, if dats da case, like the others said - i'd get it checked.
have ur suspension, control arms n steering checked.
u don't want to take any chances with ur front wheels - specially since they r the drive wheels n steer ur car.

but yeah....plenty of places around to get a replacement wheel n type.

tommy88
27th March 2007, 11:36 AM
maybe i was goin a bit over board sayin it had folded in half, more the rim of the wheel was rolled over enuf to expose the iner of the tyer!! i will get some pics up soon.

so i jus go to any tyer place and they should be able to surply the wheel aswell?:confused:

InsaneAsylum
27th March 2007, 11:51 AM
they should be able to source a replacement, either that or ring around at some wreckers and/or holden will probably be able to give you a "new" price.

daaaaavek
27th March 2007, 08:09 PM
.. except I had to buy the spare rim from Holden as my car has ABS and needs the extra inner clearance and 5 stud pattern. Off memory I think the rim was about $100, got a tyre fitted for free by the blokes I bought my new tyres from.

SKM_87
28th March 2007, 12:53 AM
check ur suspension mate, i collected a large kurb in my car due to a idiot in a tarago. rim was fine but i bent the strut, gave the car wickid camber, lol. also a slight bend in my steering arm, if your did that much damage 2 ur rim i'd b hoping it asborbed most of the impact.

Bill_G
28th March 2007, 07:44 AM
so i jus go to any tyer place and they should be able to surply the wheel aswell?:confused:It's pretty unlikely that a tyre retailer will be able to supply you with a replacement wheel unless they source one from GM, in which case you can expect to pay $100 or more for a new one. Your best bet is to ring around a few wreckers (breakers) where you'll probably get one for under $20 (may even have a tyre on it too, if you're lucky). ;)

tommy88
28th March 2007, 02:52 PM
check ur suspension mate, i collected a large kurb in my car due to a idiot in a tarago. rim was fine but i bent the strut, gave the car wickid camber, lol. also a slight bend in my steering arm, if your did that much damage 2 ur rim i'd b hoping it asborbed most of the impact.

I think the wheel tuk most of the impact, i cant sence any diffference in teering or camber, infact i think its handleing a bit better now than it was b4 lol!!!

It's pretty unlikely that a tyre retailer will be able to supply you with a replacement wheel unless they source one from GM, in which case you can expect to pay $100 or more for a new one. Your best bet is to ring around a few wreckers (breakers) where you'll probably get one for under $20 (may even have a tyre on it too, if you're lucky). ;)

Cheers for the heads up, i will get on to it an let u kno if i get lucky ;)

EL BURITO
28th March 2007, 07:01 PM
I think the wheel tuk most of the impact, i cant sence any diffference in teering or camber, infact i think its handleing a bit better now than it was b4 lol!!!

dont be silly get it looked at it will only cost a few $.

MatsHolden
28th March 2007, 08:03 PM
dont be silly get it looked at it will only cost a few $.

Yeh I agree.. get it checked. Doesn't take much to bugger a strut or bend a control arm... And can almost gaurantee the alignment will be out.

SKM_87
28th March 2007, 08:31 PM
check it, it took a smallish hit to bend my strut

platypus
29th March 2007, 07:26 AM
It's pretty unlikely that a tyre retailer will be able to supply you with a replacement wheel unless they source one from GMthey would get it from ROH 9/10 times

Dave
29th March 2007, 12:47 PM
Is your rim a 5 stud? if so i have one you can buy from me :)