PDA

View Full Version : Seat Repair

oneightoo
26th March 2007, 04:40 PM
Hi all

a rather heavy friend of mine leaned back in the passenger seat of my cali the other day, and snapped the mechanism that holds the seat back in place. now the seat likes to flop forward all the time as if someone is constantly trying to get into the back seat..

now my question to the forum is..

does anyone know where to get this fixed? or what sort of "shop" would fix it?

im kinda liking the passenger seat being out, it gives at least 1 person more leg room in the back seat, but it's not practicle and needs to be fixed/replaced..

my other option is to just buy 2 new working seats.. would rather not, but its most likely i will need to..

ta

EL BURITO
26th March 2007, 06:42 PM
OT
didnt u have bucket steats sitting some were in your house ages ago?

oneightoo
26th March 2007, 07:29 PM
yeah had a spare set of bucket seats, but i put them in my little bro's skyline, and now the passenger seat is mangled..

poita
26th March 2007, 09:29 PM
there are a few wreckers round ur way that have them mate.
and not sure if its sold yet but there is a guy on the clubcalibra.org selling his whole leather interior.
seats front and back, door cards, the lot

pred8r
27th March 2007, 05:43 PM
Get the crappiest looking seat you can find and swap the skins over.
Either take it to a trimmers or do it yourself.

To DIY, you will need pliers and a screwdriver to open the hogrings, and/or a set of hogring pliers to close them(assuming it has them)

If you want them get them from a farm supplier, ask for the pliers for the rings on a chicken wire fence, get the rings too. Should cost about $15. Or, go to a trimmers supplier and you will pay about $50 for same.

CJB
27th March 2007, 08:39 PM
Hmmm, stop having sex in the car :dance:

bill142
27th March 2007, 09:16 PM
get a couple if u bolts and a couple of these and you'll be right
http://www.ubathletics.buffalo.edu/store/pics/nonapparel/A0931_sm.jpg

poita
27th March 2007, 11:37 PM
or get a set of these for your cally ;)

http://i7.tinypic.com/43rsld4.jpg