PDA

View Full Version : Air Con Control Panel Price

lowey22
26th March 2007, 02:31 PM
To add to my long run of air con problems with my Astra, I've just been quoted $842 by Holden to replace the air con control panel! The part alone is $615, with an absurb fitting price added.

I am going to call a few wreckers but don't like my chance, anyone know anything that can help me?

blueraven
26th March 2007, 06:16 PM
www.autovaux.co.uk

if you have the part number it will be a very easy process.

JR
27th March 2007, 11:13 AM
phwoah!!! $842!!! damn.
somehow i'm guessing that's not just the button only, that has "A/C" written on it.

lowey22
27th March 2007, 01:06 PM
phwoah!!! $842!!! damn.
somehow i'm guessing that's not just the button only, that has "A/C" written on it.

lol, you never know with Holden though... I think it is the whole setup behind all the dials and buttons, but it is still quite expensive.

Ive got the car booked in to an auto electy tomorrow, they are going to see if they can repair it, it may just need soldering or something basic.

lowey22
28th March 2007, 04:34 PM
just heard from the auto elect, they can't fix it apparantly and they couldn't find a 2nd hand part from any wreckers. so they ordered a new part. I thought okay, that's fine, but it is going to charge me more than it was for Holden to do it! $924! I mentioned Holden's price and he said, well we have pulled it all out and ordered the part. I was going to insist that they put it all back together and then take it to Holden but I couldn't really be bothered, it would only save me $82 and if I let them do it I get the car back tomorrow mid morning.

Apex
28th March 2007, 04:48 PM
Man that sux, that price seems very steep.
Surely a wrecker somewhere in Aus has one?
I called a mate of mine and he has a couple of them and im in lil old NZ.:confused:

blueraven
28th March 2007, 06:42 PM
www.autovaux.co.uk

if you have the part number it will be a very easy process.

why does no-one listen....

blueraven
28th March 2007, 08:11 PM
just got off the phone with them, they wanted 94 pound plus postage.

could have saved yourself $750....

lowey22
29th March 2007, 08:42 AM
i did listen, but i don't have the part number. also, i dont have the time to wait for it to be shipped over, need it fixed by Wednesday next week. It's just money... :)

lowey22
29th March 2007, 08:44 AM
also, the couple of times i have contacted them for parts they have never gotten back to me.

poita
3rd April 2007, 09:58 PM
easy way is to phone them, tehn get them to send u an email with invoice and paypal details.
i ordered stuff, was here within a week.