PDA

View Full Version : interesting fuel consumption figures

bill142
24th March 2007, 05:15 PM
Just thought I would share with you something I came across when I was playing with the settings in my Astra H today. I changed the units to Great Britain which shows fuel consumption in miles/gallon. If you give the accelerator a very short pump and take your foot right off, the instant consumption returns the excellent figure of 999.9 mi/gal. If only this rate of consumption could be maintained I would only need to fill up once a year. Quite clearly a bug in the system as giving a short pump on the accelerator increases revs and fuel consumption.

blueraven
25th March 2007, 12:02 PM
i dont really understand what your saying....

"instant consumption" is exatly that that...instant. next time your rolling down a hill take your foot off the acellerator, how much fuel do you think you are using when your rolling? None. Mine is set up the opposite way, telling me how much fuel per 100km i am using, and if i take my foot off the accellerator (and am not sationary), it goes to 0.0L per 100 Km.

Its not a bug mate, its doing its job properly.

stevedee3
25th March 2007, 02:23 PM
Yep, it's the fuel overrun cutoff. So long as your engine's warm and going fast enough, the ECU will completely turn the fuel off - hence 0.0 l/100km. So the trip computer is telling the truth (at least for a short time)...

Wraith
26th March 2007, 08:58 AM
It's the same for other types of car with a trip computer as well, they all do the same thing.........