PDA

View Full Version : Plague

daaaaavek
24th March 2007, 05:13 PM
I swear, Astra G's are a plague in Sydney .. I reckon about 1 in 10 cars I see on the road is some form of an Astra G (City, SXi, CD, Vert, SRi etc..)

My GF calls it the Opel Plague :shifty:

bill142
24th March 2007, 05:17 PM
Eventually the black plauge will hit them and they will fall off the face of the earth. Hopefully the owners notice them dying and buy into the plauge (or lack thereof) of new opels hitting the road.

Mainframe_Module
24th March 2007, 07:05 PM
hmm i see a few here and there, but not thaaaaaaaaaat many?
*shrugs*

Noir
24th March 2007, 11:02 PM
Perth seems to be suffering the same illness.

Misguidedangel
25th March 2007, 12:57 AM
When I used to drive a lancer.. i used to see them all the time... thought that every second car was a lancer... but i think its what you focus on... you're more likely to notice what you know best (in this case your car) than what the actual figures are...

Im pretty sure landcruiser drivers say the same thing... or corolla drivers... its all a matter of point of reference...

digifish
25th March 2007, 09:11 AM
I swear, Astra G's are a plague in Sydney .. I reckon about 1 in 10 cars I see on the road is some form of an Astra G (City, SXi, CD, Vert, SRi etc..)

My GF calls it the Opel Plague :shifty:

Get a diesel AH then only 1 in 15 Astras you see will be you :)

digifish

platypus
25th March 2007, 03:15 PM
get a lada instead - you'll realise that others share your commiserations

daaaaavek
25th March 2007, 06:04 PM
bwahahah .. Lada

Wraith
26th March 2007, 09:04 AM
I think you'll find that this is the case in every Capital City......

The TS Astra (Astra G) is one of Holden's all time best selling cars, hence it's no surprise you seen heaps of em everywhere - and lets face it, it's an overall very good and very affordable car ;)

luvpsi
26th March 2007, 09:44 AM
same story in Canberra:( government agencies seem to own most of them

JR
26th March 2007, 09:56 AM
same story in Canberra:( government agencies seem to own most of them

so true that - looks like canberra (government bodies) bought 70% of all astras sold in oz!!!!
lol
the astra is a much cheaper n efficient car to have in the fleet, instead of the commodores.

glad my astra looks different to 'stock' :D

Wraith
26th March 2007, 11:01 AM
glad my astra looks different to 'stock' :D

Same here :)

Astra G convertibles are also very common, luckily for me, most are left stock - makes mine look very different and unique :)