PDA

View Full Version : Under 21 Car Rental

dustbug
23rd March 2007, 01:27 PM
Hello all,

I want to go down to Melbourne with the gf for a weekend and want to hire a car so we can look around Melbourne.

Does anyone know of a place that will rent a car out to a 20 year old? Have a full license and clean record.

I have noticed 1 or 2 places mentioning that if i bring a certificate of currency they will let me rent one. What is this?

btm
23rd March 2007, 01:43 PM
are you still on your p's? i don't like your chances mate... and if you do find a place it will cost you a small fortune cause i doubt the hire company would be insured

no idea what a 'certificate of currency' is either sorry

dustbug
23rd March 2007, 01:45 PM
I'm off my P's and on my full License

InsaneAsylum
23rd March 2007, 01:46 PM
no can do. rent-a-bomb wouldn't even let me rent a car back when i was 22

Tfer
23rd March 2007, 01:51 PM
Hello all,

I want to go down to Melbourne with the gf for a weekend and want to hire a car so we can look around Melbourne.

Does anyone know of a place that will rent a car out to a 20 year old? Have a full license and clean record.

I have noticed 1 or 2 places mentioning that if i bring a certificate of currency they will let me rent one. What is this?

Certificate of currency, I thought, referred to a valid insurance policy :confused: so maybe they want to see your current insurance (motor vehicle) policy? :confused: Really not that sure............. sorry

Calibrated
23rd March 2007, 01:58 PM
i think this whole thing about not being able to rent until you 25 is stupid...

we have it in SA aswell...

we had to DRIVE to upington (900km) x 2 cars to go sort out the magistrates court...because if we flew up, we would not be allowed to hire cars....both drivers 21.