r0b3y
22nd March 2007, 02:22 PM
wow.. u think the driver survived?

Mr T
22nd March 2007, 02:36 PM
Show that to bones...

DirtyHarry
22nd March 2007, 02:37 PM
yeah looks like the cabin is still in good shape, so unless the driver wasnt wearing a seat belt then he could have survived. althought hed have a huge head ache.

Misguidedangel
22nd March 2007, 02:45 PM
At about 6pm tonight the ute below was travelling down a 50kmh zone an eye witness estimate between 150-200. They have gone through 1 of Kalgoorlie notorious spoon drains and launched into the air , upon bouncing back to earth something broke and the driver lost control.
They have jumped the curb and launched passenger side on into the tree pictured.
It has literally torn the ute in half , seperating fuel tank , rear firewall , tray , bumpers and tray liner.
In the photo from side on of the cab you can see the fuel tank on the ground between the police.
The owner of the ute is just 18 and hasnt had the car for long , he was
not driving his mate was , his age is unknown , in one of the pics there
is a Cougar can on the ground next to the car and witnesses say they appeared to be drunk.
Initial reports were the owner was out of the ute yelling at his mate look what you have done to my ute' , the driver was laying on the ground in a bad way apparently.

apparently thats the story... was posted on MLGA a few days ago...

PaulyJ
22nd March 2007, 02:47 PM
Show that to bones...

Should've had his foglights on...

Hopefully the driver is ok, hopefully he learns a lesson from this... dont buy a commodore.

AF1R
22nd March 2007, 02:56 PM
thos rims look still good, i'll have them if they'll fit my sri-t,
i call shotgun!

rusole21
22nd March 2007, 02:58 PM
Hopefully the driver is ok, hopefully he learns a lesson from this... dont buy a commodore.
haha yeah they dont fly straight.

woody
22nd March 2007, 03:12 PM
where'd you see the article?? i don't get links in my threads at the moment nor pics.. trying to figure out why. possibly our websense blocking..

blueraven
22nd March 2007, 03:21 PM
TREE > commodoore utes.

Good to see they still make trees like they used too.

GreyRex
22nd March 2007, 04:14 PM
Aww ma gawd mate... that rollover bar fooly worked!!

Wraith
22nd March 2007, 04:36 PM
That's a sickenning site......

It just adds to prove the point that alot (not all) of young drivers these days are just idiots !

It's because of young d#*#heads like this, that all younger drivers have to suffer the scurge from insurance companies and the law.

It's probably not even his car, if it is, no doubt it's insured under the parents name/names !

Looks like the occupants would've suffered major whip lash at least - lucky for them, the impact zone is at the rear of the vehicle or they'd be dead for sure.

And also lucky that they hurt no one else, there could have been innocent people around.

Mainframe_Module
22nd March 2007, 08:19 PM
i agree with the person above this comment.......****ing IDIOTS like this is why drivers like me who are young and on our p's get screwed over by insurance companies and picked on by police and have stupid laws stuck on us. (like having to put plates on the utside vs inside a window....incase they dont realise, its very hard to get them to stay on, and magnetic ones have a habbit of NOT STICKING TO PLASTIC BUMPER PANELS on most modern cars).

it really infuriates me.
a few months ago i was literally chased by a policeman by himself on a freeway, who pulled me over because i veered around a vehicle that was stopped in the middle of the road 'too fast' which...im sorry, was ABSOLUTE BULLSHIT. i did the safest and best thing i could in the situation i was given, i slowed down and checked my blind spots and made sure no one was next to me, indicated and went around said car that was plopped in the middle of the god damn road.....and this asshole of a cop chased me, slapped me with a 'negligent driving' fine of like 300 bucks, and was muttering something about p plate drivers.

it made me so mad because i know i did the right thing, but whos word would you take if i had contested it?....a lowly p plater 22 year old, or a smartass cop?

i thought they were sposed to be in pairs anyway?

suffice to say, idiots like this is what makes the cops come after people like me and pick on us for no reason.

aussie_in_london
22nd March 2007, 08:36 PM
i havent visited home for almost 4 years, is it that barren following a long drought? i know off topic lol

MatsHolden
22nd March 2007, 08:44 PM
i havent visited home for almost 4 years, is it that barren following a long drought? i know off topic lol

In the country areas.. yes.

poita
22nd March 2007, 08:47 PM
level 5 water restrictions in some areas.
allowed 4 minute showers and thats it

CJB
22nd March 2007, 09:13 PM
I was going to ask where the back end was...

but oh my!

thats... wow.

aussie_in_london
22nd March 2007, 09:16 PM
level 5 water restrictions in some areas.
allowed 4 minute showers and thats it

spent 8 years in the aus navy, 90 sec showers on the old destroyers when i served on them lol,
can you believe we had water restrictions over here in London, nothing to do with lack of rain lol, more to do with underground damaged water pipes not being repaired

JR
22nd March 2007, 11:05 PM
i agree with the person above this comment.......****ing IDIOTS like this is why drivers like me who are young and on our p's get screwed over by insurance companies and picked on by police and have stupid laws stuck on us. (like having to put plates on the utside vs inside a window....incase they dont realise, its very hard to get them to stay on, and magnetic ones have a habbit of NOT STICKING TO PLASTIC BUMPER PANELS on most modern cars).

it really infuriates me.
a few months ago i was literally chased by a policeman by himself on a freeway, who pulled me over because i veered around a vehicle that was stopped in the middle of the road 'too fast' which...im sorry, was ABSOLUTE BULLSHIT. i did the safest and best thing i could in the situation i was given, i slowed down and checked my blind spots and made sure no one was next to me, indicated and went around said car that was plopped in the middle of the god damn road.....and this asshole of a cop chased me, slapped me with a 'negligent driving' fine of like 300 bucks, and was muttering something about p plate drivers.

it made me so mad because i know i did the right thing, but whos word would you take if i had contested it?....a lowly p plater 22 year old, or a smartass cop?

i thought they were sposed to be in pairs anyway?

suffice to say, idiots like this is what makes the cops come after people like me and pick on us for no reason.

wat a b@stard of a cop he is!!!! :mad:
$300 fine for trying to avoid hitting a car parked in the middle of the road!! d1ckhead!!!

it sure does suck big time when a minority of the drivers screw it up for anyone. and this wonderful 18 yr old, who just so happened to have literally "modifed" the ute, doesn't help the rest of us young drivers.

Mainframe_Module
22nd March 2007, 11:22 PM
he said i was going too fast around it and that i could have hurt somonne.
which really ticked me off cause im positive i did the right thing in the whole few seconds i had to react (it was a 80k road, and this car was parked in the middle of the left lane JUST after a bend in the road, so you didnt see it until you were almost ontop of it.) i slowed down as much as i could, made sure no one was next to me, indicated and veered around it.
and a few people behind me did the same thing. i was the only p plater, and the only one he chased.

but yeah as i said, he was there alone, it was his word against mine...i didnt have a leg to stand on if i contested it, and would have caused more shit. so the only choice i really had was to pay the fine and be glad in the fact that regardless of what he thought - i did the safest thing i could have done. you cant ask for more than that really :\

miss beckie
22nd March 2007, 11:42 PM
i'll always be a girl with a thing for utes....

the poor car!!!! :'(

jerrypufflewell
22nd March 2007, 11:51 PM
- i did the safest thing i could have done. you cant ask for more than that really :\

You could have slowed down before the corner that would've been safer- And I can be a hypocrite because I have my full license now :p

But honestly I think both young drivers and cops get a bad wrap in general, Most cops are just trying to save lives and if that means drawing the ire of certain people then so be it, and most young drivers are just trying to get from A -> B. Those that screw up either learn, get caught or die- I just hope I'm the former.

MatsHolden
23rd March 2007, 12:53 AM
You could have slowed down before the corner that would've been safer- And I can be a hypocrite because I have my full license now :p

But honestly I think both young drivers and cops get a bad wrap in general, Most cops are just trying to save lives and if that means drawing the ire of certain people then so be it, and most young drivers are just trying to get from A -> B. Those that screw up either learn, get caught or die- I just hope I'm the former.

hmm a lot of cops go on a power trip and target younger drivers...

Noir
23rd March 2007, 01:01 AM
Why am I not surprised that was in Kalgoorlie....

cyclonic
23rd March 2007, 01:21 AM
Saw that on Orsm.net..

Poor bloody ute! Can't wait the see the VE version. The guys over at CheersandGears.com are salivating...

Mainframe_Module
23rd March 2007, 10:20 AM
i DID slow down when going around the corner.
i wasnt flying around it at 80k's

but your hardly bound to go around a bend (not a sharp one) at 10 kmh on a freeway, are you?.

anyway........its long gone now *shrugs*

Tfer
23rd March 2007, 10:40 AM
The minority play the fool, and the majority suffer as a result.... but glad no one was killed :(