PDA

View Full Version : team dymnamic wheels

opelboy
21st March 2007, 12:51 PM
hey guys

does anyone know who has or can get team dynamic wheels in vic, or australia? i after a set for my astra turbo.

any help would be great

cheers
christian

woody
21st March 2007, 05:26 PM
sorry mate no idea but if you're replacing standard Turbo wheels then let me know when you find some and i'll take the stockies off your hands, that is assuming they're in good nick.

Edit scrap that.. check here:

Trofeo MotorSport Pty. Ltd.
42 Industrial Park Drive
Lilydale
Victoria 3140
AUSTRALIA.

http://www.motorsporttyres.com.au/t-td.htm

but i'll still take the stockies.. less of course a finders fee ;)

OPC
21st March 2007, 06:33 PM
not many choices of aftermarket wheels for the turbo G

well there wasn't when i was looking 3 year ago... maybe now though

Wraith
22nd March 2007, 08:40 AM
Go to any large wheel outlet and show them the ones you want and see if they can get em in for you, usually if your prepared to pay, they'll oblige ;)

There are heaps of 'of the shelf' wheel choices you can get from 17" to 19" for Opels with correct offset and width, most will need their PCD to be re-drilled, which is no big deal, this has been talked about many times before.

Good luck with it, remember, you'll be getting some dosh back from your original wheels, heaps of people here want those ;)

woody
22nd March 2007, 09:38 AM
I asked first !!!! :D I get first dibs.. Phhhhhlllleeeeeaaaasee!!

opelboy
22nd March 2007, 09:51 AM
thanks guys! well my turbo wheels are brand new, i pick up from dealer tomorrow so want to get rims straight away.

woody
22nd March 2007, 10:29 AM
ahhh right thought you had the previous model.. love the stock wheels on the TS Turbo.. whadda the new one look like?

bornwild
22nd March 2007, 12:39 PM
sorry mate no idea but if you're replacing standard Turbo wheels then let me know when you find some and i'll take the stockies off your hands, that is assuming they're in good nick.

Edit scrap that.. check here:

Trofeo MotorSport Pty. Ltd.
42 Industrial Park Drive
Lilydale
Victoria 3140
AUSTRALIA.

http://www.motorsporttyres.com.au/t-td.htm

but i'll still take the stockies.. less of course a finders fee ;)

Shits me when they don't have pricing!! Is it a Federal secret or something???? Jeeeez!!!!!!!!!

opelboy
22nd March 2007, 12:44 PM
they are 18" five spoke, like on the walkinshaw astra?

opelboy
22nd March 2007, 12:58 PM
i just rang up that plave woody, but they no longer stock, the bloke said they are very hard to get in oz, so i will ring around a couple of places he recommended and see how i go! :)

Gildo
22nd March 2007, 05:55 PM
im interested in the team dynamic pro race 1, like on the 888 astra.
maybe than can do a double price???

aussie_in_london
22nd March 2007, 08:40 PM
see if you can find a rimstock supplier as they may be able to help, same company as Team Dynamics

jvl
22nd March 2007, 09:20 PM
out of interest, how much would a set of TS SRiT wheels go for ?

I am thinking of getting after market rims for mine... sick of the stockos going black after a few weeks...

imay
23rd March 2007, 10:40 AM
Before you commit to Team Dynamic wheels, you might want to have a read through this thread from the UK. Make sure the wheels are what you want/need before you commit.
http://www.m1gst.com/vb/showthread.php?t=98848
I guess this is just another problem we are likely to encounter when buying from overseas or buying unseen. I hadn't thought of this when I was (sort of) looking for a suitable replacement wheel.

woody
23rd March 2007, 11:17 AM
out of interest, how much would a set of TS SRiT wheels go for ?

I am thinking of getting after market rims for mine... sick of the stockos going black after a few weeks...

Depends on condition i guess... From memory i think someone sold some a year or so ago on here which had a couple of scratches for about 600 bucks, but i could be wrong.

Edit**

Check this post:

http://www.opelaus.com/forum/showthread.php?t=11918&highlight=wheels

aussie_in_london
23rd March 2007, 08:11 PM
Before you commit to Team Dynamic wheels, you might want to have a read through this thread from the UK. Make sure the wheels are what you want/need before you commit.
http://www.m1gst.com/vb/showthread.php?t=98848
I guess this is just another problem we are likely to encounter when buying from overseas or buying unseen. I hadn't thought of this when I was (sort of) looking for a suitable replacement wheel.

not an issue i encountered or the others i know who have them, VXR Performance Centre also stock and supply and their customers i know of havent had any issues either, sort of thing you may find from any wheel company

Wraith
26th March 2007, 01:30 PM
Agreed.......

Ian, I've had no less than 10 or more sets of rims from all sorts of manufacturers re-drilled over the years and never encountered that problem, nor do I know of anyone else who has.

It would be an isolated or rare case for that to happen.

Usually the rims are sent off to be re-drilled, not done by the manufacturer, Although I've had rims which were drilled from blanks by the rim manufacturer themselves.

If it's performed by an experienced machine shop with CNC machinery and they use the correct type/size of steel inserts, you won't have a problem ;)