PDA

View Full Version : wiring and general tare down

BJ31OS
17th March 2007, 02:08 PM
Hi

just wondering if anyone knows where you can get a complete wiring guide and tare down manual for a vectra js a 1998 like gregorys

i have tried to get one from gregorys but they dont have one for vectras

if anyone can help it would be great

regards
BJ31OS

platypus
17th March 2007, 05:04 PM
Hi

just wondering if anyone knows where you can get a complete wiring guide and tare down manual for a vectra js a 1998 like gregorys

i have tried to get one from gregorys but they dont have one for vectras

if anyone can help it would be great

regards
BJ31OS
http://www.haynes.com.au/category110_1.htm

hope that helps

Bill_G
19th March 2007, 09:49 AM
Your local GM dealer can supply the 5 volume set of manuals for the JR series Vectra for around $300, although they can be purchased separately for between $55-$65 each, depending upon their size.

Volume 5 (~800 pages) covers electrical equipment and accessories, and includes around 25 fold-out circuit diagrams which cover every part of the vehicle. GM part number for Volume 5 is M41539E.

If you want the other volumes, their GM part numbers are M41539A to D, which correspond to volumes 1 to 4. Incidentally, while the Haynes manuals don't cover the X25XE V6 engines at all, Volume 3 of the above does.

BTW, I don't know if GM have similar manuals for the JS series, but if not, the JR manuals should suffice, as the vehicles were virtually identical until the JSII (facelift) model was released in 1999.