PDA

View Full Version : ZC Vectra recall?

ronj
16th March 2007, 03:28 PM
Received a letter from Holden today stating that there is a problem with leaking transmission cooling systems in ZC vectras, they state to bring the car in for a inspection. Too late had a new gearbox and radiatior fitted last year under warranty. I suggest that all ZC Vectra owners get their cars in for an inspection before any serious problem occurs.

Tfer
16th March 2007, 03:32 PM
Received a letter from Holden today stating that there is a problem with leaking transmission cooling systems in ZC vectras, they state to bring the car in for a inspection. Too late had a new gearbox and radiatior fitted last year under warranty. I suggest that all ZC Vectra owners get their cars in for an inspection before any serious problem occurs.

What exactly are the problems? :confused:

uzz32
16th March 2007, 05:40 PM
Hey Ronj,

I called Holden Customer Assistance and they said for my Vectra (CDXi May 2004 build), there are no active campaigns, since my particular VIN does not fall under the recall. I am thinking this is a rort, with Holden not wanting to fix every Vectra out there.

stevedee3
16th March 2007, 08:39 PM
Hey Ronj,

I called Holden Customer Assistance and they said for my Vectra (CDXi May 2004 build), there are no active campaigns, since my particular VIN does not fall under the recall. I am thinking this is a rort, with Holden not wanting to fix every Vectra out there.Maybe your car was made after the problem was fixed?

uzz32
17th March 2007, 10:19 AM
I highly doubt that the problem has been "fixed", since the same transmission problems have been well documented on later model Vectra's, i.e. MY04 and MY05.

ronj
17th March 2007, 10:57 AM
What exactly are the problems? :confused:

The problem with my Vectra was that my auto would not work and I could only select 2nd and 5th gear in tiptronic mode. It only happened on long trips. What happens is that the coolant from the radiator leaks into the auto box.

It is a common problem with my model Vetra (03). There have been several threads on this site about the problem as well as on UK Vectra sites. Since I have my auto and radiator replaced the problem has not returned.

cdxi
20th March 2007, 10:33 AM
It seems that this is a recall based on VIN numbers. A mate with an early 04 build CDXi has received the recall letter from Holden, whereas my MY05 CDXi seems to be exempt. I haven't called Holden about this yet but will do it soon.

The Govt product recalls website does not have an active recall notice for the ZC Vectra at this stage.

Maybe a factory "fix" was brought on line for the MY05 models. The 05 Euro facelift no longer uses the Aisin 5-speed auto, although it isn't essentially the transmission that is the issue.

JasonGilholme
20th March 2007, 10:58 AM
could just be for auto models as well.

uzz32
20th March 2007, 04:39 PM
Even my May 2004 model is exempt from this recall. Hopefully they have fixed the problem on the production line. I have to admit that i am always wary of the transmission carking it, since these problems have been rife on a lot of auto Vectra's, regardless of whether they are early or late builds.

CDXI, please keep us updated as to what Holden tells you when you call them.

cdxi
21st March 2007, 02:47 PM
Well, well, well....

Interesting what you find out when you talk to the right people - hopefully the right people.

I just got off the phone from talking to Sean at Holden Customer Assist, in reference to my Vectra being subject to a recall. Not only did Holden not have any record that I actually owned the vehicle, I find out it is subject two TWO outstanding recalls.

I explained that I filled out the owner transfer form in the Owner's Manual and had posted it to Holden as soon as I had taken delivery of the vehicle. As far as Holden was concerned, the car was still owned by a dealership in Victoria.

But, on to the recall notices. The auto transmission breather recall (06CF05) was issued in May 2006. The second one (04H07) concerns an exhaust clamp and was issued in June 05.

I now have to do battle with the dealer to find out why they haven't notified me as to the 06CF05 recall - I can only assume that the 04H07 fix (since still outstanding) wasn't done by the dealer that owned the car in Victoria and then ask why that hasn't been done either!

My advice to all ZC Vectra owners is to not rely on Holden or your dealer to advise you of the recall notice, but to contact Holden Customer Assist (have your VIN handy) and ask about the recalls that may affect your vehicle. And do it right away!!!!

Ask for Sean!

uzz32
21st March 2007, 06:08 PM
Holden Customer Assist advised me that my dealer had already performed the auto transmission breather recall. The dealer i took it to never advised me that a recall fix had been performed. They only told me everything was in good order. Makes me wonder whether the fix was performed in the first place, or if the dealer did the dodgy and claimed that they fixed the auto trans breather, even though they didn't.

CDXI, is your car subject to the current recall scheme?

cdxi
21st March 2007, 07:21 PM
Holden Customer Assist advised me that my dealer had already performed the auto transmission breather recall. The dealer i took it to never advised me that a recall fix had been performed. They only told me everything was in good order. Makes me wonder whether the fix was performed in the first place, or if the dealer did the dodgy and claimed that they fixed the auto trans breather, even though they didn't.

CDXI, is your car subject to the current recall scheme?

I have had time to calm down now after visiting my dealer this afternoon, so should be relatively polite writing this.

Holden advised me that my car was subject to two recalls, including the transmission breather, even though they failed to notify me in writing.

The dealer said that it was Holden's responsibility to notify customers of recalls or "campaigns", not theirs. When my service record was brought up on the dealer's computer, it indeed had the red flag "campaign" in plain view. I said that the notice re the auto trans. was issued to dealers and customers in May 06 and that my vehicle had been serviced by them in November 06 and asked why it had not been done then. I was met with a blank stare and a non-commital response. I also asked why the exhaust bracket "campaign" flag had also not been attended to when they had delivered the car to me upon purchase. Again, no response.

Holden has records of all VINs and therefore can track a vehicle for all its "campaigns" as long as Holden has the owner's details. The dealer will also have all "campaign" information if they deliver a vehicle new or second hand as the dealer also has the VIN. It is irrelevant to the dealer who owns the vehicle as Holden will pay for the fix and when invoiced for it, will remove the flag from the identifying VIN.

Uzz, if Holden says your car has had the trans. repair, then unless the dealer has pulled a swifty, you should believe them. However, if you don't trust that dealer, take it to another dealer for an inspection.

I will find out more about the auto trans. "campaign" and see if it is in fact just an inspection, or a repair.

cdxi
28th March 2007, 10:49 AM
An update on my Vectra recall for those who are interested....

The auto transmission breather hose was replaced. The mechanic explained that the original design item was too narrow in diameter to cope with severe heat in the transmission and then can split, spraying transmission fluid everywhere. However, he was unable to explain the transfer of engine coolant into the transmission which seems to be the cause of transmission failures.

An exhaust bracket was also replaced on recall notice as a spot weld towards the rear of the exhaust is prone to breakage.

I also had a couple of door rattles seen to - caused by electric windows, which seems to be a regular Vectra saga.

I am also having the metallic trim under the driver's air vent and above the lights switch replaced, as the factory fitted trim does not match the door trim/dash trim. Any other CDXi owners have the same problem, or am I just lucky???

uzz32
28th March 2007, 03:40 PM
Thanks for the update, CDXI!

I am assuming the automatic breather hose replacement 06CF05 recall?

Did Holden tell you anything about the most recent "campaign" concerning the transmission?

cdxi
28th March 2007, 06:50 PM
Thanks for the update, CDXI!

I am assuming the automatic breather hose replacement 06CF05 recall?

Did Holden tell you anything about the most recent "campaign" concerning the transmission?

My recall was definitely the 06CF05, issued in May 2006. Holden says there is no further campaign for the transmission that relates to my vehicle.

Hope that means it's all over and done with for me (the campaign, not my transmission!)