PDA

View Full Version : Phillips BlueVision VS Narva Artic Blue

Richard
13th March 2007, 07:48 PM
I need new lights im getting sick of the standard yellow color.

Should i get the Phillips BlueVision Halogen Bulbs or the Narva Artic Blue Halogen Bulbs?

Has anyone used any of these products or know of a better alternative? or am I better off getting HIDs

MatsHolden
13th March 2007, 07:52 PM
I'd go Phillips everytime over Narva. Phillips are OEM on pretty much every car these days, including our Opels. I've known the Narva globes to not last long at all. Also consider the Phillips Crystal Vision as I found the Blue Vision not white enough, os I put the Blue Visions in my high beam and got Crystal Visions for my low beam.

Richard
13th March 2007, 07:59 PM
I read on the autobarn website that the Crystalvision isn't as bright as the Bluevision did you this to be the case?

one2have
13th March 2007, 08:05 PM
I'd go Phillips everytime over Narva. Phillips are OEM on pretty much every car these days, including our Opels. I've known the Narva globes to not last long at all. Also consider the Phillips Crystal Vision as I found the Blue Vision not white enough, os I put the Blue Visions in my high beam and got Crystal Visions for my low beam.

Yeah man, stay away from Narva Arctic blue globes. My fog lights lasted 10 weeks, I wrote a letter to Narva and they sent a new set - ummm 12 weeks they lasted.

MatsHolden
13th March 2007, 08:06 PM
I read on the autobarn website that the Crystalvision isn't as bright as the Bluevision did you this to be the case?

It's just as bright, but they say the beam doesn't shine as far compared to the OEM globe. To tell you the truth didn't notice any difference in beam throw, just a nice white light, much easier on the eyes. Would never go back to OEM or Bluevision for my low beam. Crystal Visions are not street legal however, but then again neither are HID Xenons without the required self levelling headlamps.

nadg63
13th March 2007, 08:24 PM
When I put 'Bluevisions' in they were great around the city where there were plenty of white lines as they picked these out brilliantly, (along with police cars!),BUT once you went out of the city and into the Hills, (Adelaide), they were worse than crap! (you could see hardly anything).

Cannot remember what I changed them to, but they are some kind of 'Superbright' white light bulbs!? (much better for hills driving).

Shaun
13th March 2007, 09:35 PM
Phillips are the best Globes i have ever fitted to my cars. This being the 3rd car i have fitted to. Go for them on the VXR. They wont Dissapoint. I know a customer @ work that has used them in his Freightliner And he has had 3 years life out of them and they are still working.

Alfonzo
13th March 2007, 10:00 PM
I had BlueVisions in my lowbeams of my Vectra. I was quite happy with them, and will be looking to kit out the Foz with them when I get the spare money (I believe they even make them the right size for my driving lights).

Sorry to hijack but I'll throw this one in the loop too, has anyone given the other street legal white lights from Philips, the Power2Night (http://www.lighting.philips.com.au/au/en/Portal?xml=catalogue/auto_range&content_id=182149) ones?

Vectracious
13th March 2007, 11:01 PM
I put Crystalvisions in my Vectra and then transplanted them into the Astra when I sold the Veccy - its a nice white light but you do lose distance compared to the normal "yellow" globes. BlueVisions are the best compromise in terms of appearance and functionality.

And dont buy Narva.

Havabigjuan
13th March 2007, 11:32 PM
good to see this thread as I am considering upgrading globes in the corsa C

funny how people have had short life out of the Narva arctic blue as I had a set in my Rodeo for prob 3 year no problems, although these are a H4 globe which may be reason why...didn't really like them though white light was good but prob down on output

I am more interested in light output rather than colour so would be considering the +50 range of globes, due to bulk of my driving being in the Hills

any other companies do a +50 other than Narva that anyone knows of?

edit: Philips Visionplus probably fits the bill...

cyclonic
13th March 2007, 11:44 PM
I've upgraded both my wifes new Swift and my Barina with the Philips BlueVision globes. I can't recommend them enough! I've used the Narva's and they were nowhere near as good as the Philips.

UnKnOwN
14th March 2007, 12:25 AM
It's just as bright, but they say the beam doesn't shine as far compared to the OEM globe. To tell you the truth didn't notice any difference in beam throw, just a nice white light, much easier on the eyes. Would never go back to OEM or Bluevision for my low beam. Crystal Visions are not street legal however, but then again neither are HID Xenons without the required self levelling headlamps.

im pretty sure i've seen on the phillips site that they comply with regulations......(might've been US regulations?)
have u been fined for having them?, coz i just got myself a pair of the crystal vision :confused:

Vectracious
14th March 2007, 12:30 AM
im pretty sure i've seen on the phillips site that they comply with regulations......(might've been US regulations?)
have u been fined for having them?, coz i just got myself a pair of the crystal vision :confused:

Crystalvisions do not comply with ADRs and therefore illegal (it even says on the packet "For off road use" or something" - however I've been running Crystalvisions for about 3 years and have not had a problem. I doubt any cop is going to tell the differnece between a crystalvisions and bluevisions.

UnKnOwN
14th March 2007, 12:35 AM
fair nuf, is it the color of it that dont comply with ADR? if its the level which its set thats easily changeable

Vectracious
14th March 2007, 12:39 AM
Dunno what exactly makes them non ADR compliant, probably due to the reduced "throw" of light by the Crystalvisions....

MatsHolden
14th March 2007, 01:11 AM
What makes them not ADR compliant is the amount of blue filter used in the quartz glass... and also couple of feet less throw. Have never had a problem with the police with them, driven through numerous booze buses at night and not a look. However if you are pulled over for a road worthy check by a TMU vehicle they will dick you for them... And they don't usually fine you, they just tell you to put the ADR compliant globes back in. But you won't have any problems.

rjastra
14th March 2007, 02:38 PM
quick question.... why fit aftermarket bulbs that make it more difficult to see at night/wte (due to the colour) and have a reduced beam length?

http://www.danielsternlighting.com/tech/bulbs/blue/blue.html

If you want output then these are the ones to go for:

http://www.powerbulbs.co.uk/default.asp?prodtype.asp?PT_ID=77&strPageHistory=cat

GreyRex
14th March 2007, 05:09 PM
Looks better, from both in and outside

MatsHolden
14th March 2007, 06:02 PM
quick question.... why fit aftermarket bulbs that make it more difficult to see at night/wte (due to the colour) and have a reduced beam length?

http://www.powerbulbs.co.uk/default.asp?prodtype.asp?PT_ID=77&strPageHistory=cat

The blue visions are exactly the same beam throw as the OEM globes and the less beam throw on crystal vision is not even noticeable.

JR
14th March 2007, 06:26 PM

aftermarket globes with blue/purple/green coatings r not any better than ur standard OEMs.
as mentioned by others, u loose beam penertration power n ur beam throw is also reduced.

i've gone through many aftermarket globes, only to have them removed n replaced with my OEM Phillips globes.

if u want "better" practical globes, go with ones which produce extra light - not white light!!

hence the reason why i purchased these - Phillips X-Treme Power H7 globes. (http://www.powerbulbs.co.uk/default.asp?prodtype.asp?PT_ID=77&strPageHistory=cat)
hopefully i get them next week :D

to answer ur question - go with Phillips :)

Richard
14th March 2007, 09:51 PM
I'm Attracted to the 'white lights' :dance: .......

Noob question.
AH astra low beam bulbs are H7 right? what bulbs are the fogs, H4?

UnKnOwN
15th March 2007, 09:54 AM
i just put my crystal visions in and theyre awesome =D, i dunnno y ppl think theres less beam throw... although... i noticed that when i was on roads with street lights they are less noticeable but when the road's lit up anyway its no problem... in darker like suburban areas though they're a lot better than the OEM yellow globes... i dunno how they'd go in the rain we'll see