PDA

View Full Version : Dump valve and your warranty

guin83
12th March 2007, 01:18 PM
I bought my Ah SRi T about half a year ago, and put a Baileys blow off valve and car didn't seem to mind it. 3-4 months later, car wouldn't start in the morning for some reason. When I looked at the fuel gauge and the trip computer, the fuel level was a little low but the warning light was yet to come on and the trip meter was reading about 50-60 km till exhaustion. Funnily enough, the only way to get the car started is to put some more patrol in.

It happened twice already and I am about to take it back to dealer to find out why it's doing this. BOV is sitting on the pipe that's coming out of the throttle body but I don't think it may be causing this problem.

However, if I bring the car in with BOV still attached, is it going to void my warranty permanantly even though it's not the straight cause of this?

#also, when I am carrying two male passengers at the back, I noticed my rear tire is touching the rear wheel arch. Did anyone else experienced similar problem with AH Sri T?

Apex
12th March 2007, 01:59 PM
How long does it take to swap back to the original set up? If its easy I would remove it to make sure they couldn’t blame it on your valve.

As for back seat passengers, I have had my “boot” loaded with 4 suit cases and had two average weight passengers ridding in the back without any rubbing!

CAL.16V
12th March 2007, 02:00 PM
suspension shouldmnt sagg that much...

when the range goes down to 50km on teh cally t the tank is empty

RudeOne
12th March 2007, 02:19 PM
the ah trip i believe is a litte more accurate.

i ran out on the vxr when the trip said 1km remaining ;) oppps

guin83
12th March 2007, 02:30 PM
How long does it take to swap back to the original set up? If its easy I would remove it to make sure they couldn’t blame it on your valve.

As for back seat passengers, I have had my “boot” loaded with 4 suit cases and had two average weight passengers ridding in the back without any rubbing!

It's not going to take me long at all. I just need to buy a new pipe and swap it over. The reason why I am trying to avoid is because it's going to cost me $115 for that pipe. Do you think they may try to void my warranty because of the BOV?

With back seat passengers, despite how heavy your passengers are, if the suspension is left stock standard, tire and the arch should never come to touch each other. That's what I think anyway.

Apex
13th March 2007, 09:45 AM
From wikipedia.( http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blow_off_valve (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blow_off_valve))

This unique sound sometimes comes at a price. On a car with a mass airflow sensor, doing this confuses the engine control unit (ECU) of the car. The ECU is told it has a specific amount of air in the intake system, and injects fuel accordingly. The amount of air released by the blowoff valve is not taken into consideration and the engine runs rich for a period of time.*
Typically this isn't a major issue, but sometimes it can lead to hesitation or stalling of the engine when the throttle is closed. This situation worsens with higher boost pressures. Eventually this can foul spark plugs and destroy the catalytic converter (when running rich, not all the fuel is burned which can heat up on and melt the converter).

Not to sure if this is helpful but may have something to do wiyh your problem?:)