PDA

View Full Version : revised astras?

Mainframe_Module
12th March 2007, 12:52 PM
http://www.autoblog.com/2006/11/17/gm-makes-fresh-2007-astra/

was just reading over this link, and wondering if anyone knows if these 'revised' astras will be coming to aus? with the black interior (though personally i dont like the piano black finish in the new corsa and in the astras in this link) but i would love the option of the panoramic roof and the 1.8L engine getting 103kw instead of 90 sounds nice too.

OPC
12th March 2007, 07:04 PM
http://www.autoblog.com/2006/11/17/gm-makes-fresh-2007-astra/

was just reading over this link, and wondering if anyone knows if these 'revised' astras will be coming to aus? with the black interior (though personally i dont like the piano black finish in the new corsa and in the astras in this link) but i would love the option of the panoramic roof and the 1.8L engine getting 103kw instead of 90 sounds nice too.

shaun said they are coming to australia... but they look ghey IMO

Mainframe_Module
12th March 2007, 08:41 PM
ghey as in good or bad?

cause i'm Ghey, and i rock :P

wonder if tey will bump prices down on current ones then?
but yeah, im not a fan of the 'piano black'. i ust want a panoramic windscreen :D

xplosv57
12th March 2007, 09:26 PM
Yeah that panoramic windscreen is a first, looks great, but dunno about wind noise etc. I actually like the piano black finish, bit more shiny and classy!!! But no more turbo, thats crap!!!

Mainframe_Module
12th March 2007, 10:13 PM
hmmm since im on p's i cant get a turbo anyway
and id be satisfied with the 1.8 engines, its all im planning to get anyway.

but yeah, i love the citroens with the full glass roof, but even those dont go from the windscreen all the way back, they are just like a full size sunroof.

:D
rawk

Shaun
13th March 2007, 12:46 AM
We will see them at some point. Holden are clearing stock again of 06 Plated stock of all cars. The 07 Plated Astra's would be close to Australia if not here.

Power Increase Have been romoured for Australia and i would say they will be confirmed . 103kw bring the Astra on to a playing feeling of the Mazda 3 Base Models considering the price of a Base astra is close to a Mazda 3 would make the car appeal to more buyers.

Interior changed took place at the factory as of Feb 07. Any thing built after the 1st would have the Interior Change. VXR / OPC will have Piano Black Centre console and Wheel trims . Our 07 Plated HSV VXR should be fitted with this as fair as im aware as Vauxhall Are using them as Standard on the VXR As we speak.

Front bar changed will be seen here thats for sure. Face lift model has a better finished look about it .

As for full Glass roof i dont know if it would happen but other manfacturers are doing it . Mercedes Benz have it in the C Class coupe so its possible. Wheels have a 5 door SRi Turbo in the Holden Price List with TBC next to it. It could be Possible that one of two things

A SRi T with a 1.6 Ecotec turbo could be coming to our market after reading the article it seems the Z20LEL has been droped. It also 5kw up on the 125kw Z20LEL that its replacing. . I would be watching close guys.This would bring the price of the SRi 2.2 down and the 1.8 down if they were to bring out the SRi with the 1.6 Ecotec Turbo Engine. Holden seem to be increasing the Astra Range and making it bigger then ever before. That says alot. In the last 18 months we have had The Diesel Astra The the SRi Turbo then the SRi with the 2.2 Direct and the latest Addtion is the Twin Top 2.2 Direct.

MatsHolden
13th March 2007, 01:13 AM
It's not the first time the panoramic windscreen has been offered on the H. It's been around for a while and only available on the 3 door (Coupe) in Europe.

Shaun
13th March 2007, 01:40 AM
It's not the first time the panoramic windscreen has been offered on the H. It's been around for a while and only available on the 3 door (Coupe) in Europe.

Im refering to the Australian Market Matt. i have Seen one 1st Hand in Europe whilst over there Last year in a 3 door . The look nice.

Red AH SRI T
13th March 2007, 07:46 AM
No plans to introduce the 1.6T here i believe. That engine replaces the low pressure T which we don't get here.

I'm sure all will be revealed soon ;)

Shaun
13th March 2007, 10:26 AM
You know whats happening Kurt hehe.

Red AH SRI T
14th March 2007, 08:05 PM
but of course ;)

bones
15th March 2007, 12:37 PM
WHEELS had a spot on the new 1.8 VVTi engine more than a year ago. I was waiting for some word of it over here forever but decided on the 2.2 as an even better alternative.
The Panoramic roof would be a nightmare with our sun - it would slow-roast you, even with the blind drawn. I can't imagine they would bring it down here. I certainly wouldn't want one. I had one car with a heavily tinted glass sunroof and that was enough to convince me I never wanted glass on the roof ever again.

Mainframe_Module
15th March 2007, 12:51 PM
hmmm apparently glass roofs reduce heat more than the metal roofs.

i know the citroen c4 with panoramic sunroof is supposed to be quite a bit cooler than the normal one without it.

*shrugses*

NXA-16H
15th March 2007, 12:57 PM
Yeah that panoramic windscreen is a first, looks great, but dunno about wind noise etc. I actually like the piano black finish, bit more shiny and classy!!! But no more turbo, thats crap!!!

I'm quite partial to the new windscreen, which I believe is similar to that used in the new Zafira, in that they're both panoramic.

It's likely to raise a potential problem however, in respect to tinting laws in Australia.

You see, it's actully illegal to tint a windscreen here, the only exception being for undercover surveillance cars.

But considering that this new windscreen actually forms part of the roofline as well, one should rightly assume that the "EXTENDED" portion, (ie the section that extends past where the roofline would end) could indeed be tinted to the maximum degree.

It would be very interesting how this issue pans-out.

Any comments?

NXA-16H

Mainframe_Module
15th March 2007, 01:03 PM
you are allowed to tint the top portion of the windscreen if your windscreen doesnt have tinting up the top, i saw that when i was trying to find the darkest legal percentage for nsw, and it said as long as its above the rear view mirror i think it was, that it is legal.

you just cant tint the whole thing or below a certain leval.

vieuphoria
20th March 2007, 06:10 PM
from reading the article i don't think we will be lossing the SRIT as they are continuing with it in europe, they are just replacing the lower powered one which is not imported to aus anyway so should not affect us.