PDA

View Full Version : Z20LET or Z20LER????

MasterSti
12th March 2007, 11:12 AM
Hi All,

I am having real issues with my local Holden dealer who only know about commodores.

I have a 2007 Astra AH SRi Turbo what is the engine code? Z20LET or Z20LER?

I am trying to buy a few oil filters from the spare parts department and they cant find the part numbers on their computer?

This is a bit of a worry as I need to have the 3,000k service soon.

They guy behind the desk could only find Z20LER which I think is the wrong engine code.

Any help clearing this up would be great.

By the way love the car.

Cheers

Apex
12th March 2007, 11:33 AM
LER..It won’t matter as they run the same filter.

MasterSti
12th March 2007, 11:39 AM
Thanks for that info.

Is the Z20LER one is a metal casing filter and not a paper filter type replacement like a XC Barina?

Shaun
12th March 2007, 12:14 PM
Thanks for that info.

Is the Z20LER one is a metal casing filter and not a paper filter type replacement like a XC Barina?

O.k ill clear up any problems here anyone seems to be having with engine codes on the New Astras (turbo motors that is) against Astra G Z20LET.

Back in the Astra G day there was only one Petrol Turbo Varant of engine. One power output.

In the AH Astra there are 3 different Turbo Petrol Varants.

Z20LEL
Z20LER
Z20LEH

Z20LEL - Is the Light Turbo Pressure Varant That prodcues 125kw and used in an oversea Varant of the SRi Turbo

Z20LER- Is regular Turbo Pressure Varant thats found in the SRi Turbo AH Here. 147kw engine . Intenals i believe are the same as the Z20LEL

Z20LEH- Is the Engine found in the HSV VXR. This engine has forged internals Uprated turbo injectors and a rivised inlet . The turbo is a different turbo compared to the others. This has been done as the VXR is running a 1.2 bar .
The Z20LEH has a better basis for modifing against the others. insaying that though it dosent mean the others cant be modifed.

OPC
12th March 2007, 12:45 PM
z20let... astra G

z20leh... astra H

its funny cos in the latest fast fours mag they do a write up on the VXR and the couldnt seem to get the engine name correct either, they called it the z20let

MasterSti
12th March 2007, 12:54 PM
Thanks for clearing this up for me shaun.

So I have a Z20LER in my AH SRi Turbo.

I incorrectly assumed it was a Z20LET engine. This was just for the Astra G.

I may have made the spare parts department find a non-existent part.

I have been reading UK forums and the Z20LET has issues with the water pump. Have these issues been addressed with the Z20LER? Just interested if anyone knows?

Cheers

guin83
12th March 2007, 01:55 PM
O.k ill clear up any problems here anyone seems to be having with engine codes on the New Astras (turbo motors that is) against Astra G Z20LET.

Back in the Astra G day there was only one Petrol Turbo Varant of engine. One power output.

In the AH Astra there are 3 different Turbo Petrol Varants.

Z20LEL
Z20LER
Z20LEH

Z20LEL - Is the Light Turbo Pressure Varant That prodcues 125kw and used in an oversea Varant of the SRi Turbo

Z20LER- Is regular Turbo Pressure Varant thats found in the SRi Turbo AH Here. 147kw engine . Intenals i believe are the same as the Z20LEL

Z20LEH- Is the Engine found in the HSV VXR. This engine has forged internals Uprated turbo injectors and a rivised inlet . The turbo is a different turbo compared to the others. This has been done as the VXR is running a 1.2 bar .
The Z20LEH has a better basis for modifing against the others. insaying that though it dosent mean the others cant be modifed.

Do you know how many boost LER engine is running on?

Shaun
12th March 2007, 06:25 PM
i Believe that its the same Boost pressure as the Z20LET. I believe there has been no changes with in the spec from the Z20LET to Z20LER . Just a Name a change im lead to believe to tie in with the rest of the engine Variants.

Shaun
12th March 2007, 06:26 PM
z20let... astra G

z20leh... astra H

its funny cos in the latest fast fours mag they do a write up on the VXR and the couldnt seem to get the engine name correct either, they called it the z20let

Jay Z20LEH only applys to the VXR. Not to the others.

OPC
12th March 2007, 06:59 PM
Jay Z20LEH only applys to the VXR. Not to the others.

ah... there ya go... were special ay...

Mr T
13th March 2007, 11:58 AM
i Believe that its the same Boost pressure as the Z20LET. I believe there has been no changes with in the spec from the Z20LET to Z20LER . Just a Name a change im lead to believe to tie in with the rest of the engine Variants.

Same max boost pressure, however in the mid range the Z20LER has slightly more boost...about 1/8th of stuff-all more, but still more.

This is why the Z20LET has 250NM from 1950-5600RPM while the Z20LER has 262NM peak at one particular point which my brain has failed to recall.(about 4000RPM)

Jakobe
31st August 2013, 09:03 AM
what is the actual PSI / Bar amount that the standard z20LER ??!

Danny86
31st August 2013, 10:28 AM
Mine runs between 10 and 12 psi stock. Ah sri turbo z20ler

Danny..

Jakobe
31st August 2013, 11:43 AM
Mine runs between 10 and 12 psi stock. Ah sri turbo z20ler

Danny..

Thanks champ!

Can you please tell me what rev range the boost kicks in ?

I am looking around at buying an sri turbo and want to check to see if the turbo on the cars are correctly working.

Also, what boost gauge setup do you use?

Thanks again

Danny86
31st August 2013, 12:04 PM
I am using an saas mechanical boost gauge and every now and then obd2 scan. Boost kicks in high 2000rmp or low 3000rpm. Will check when full boost kicks in later when I get home and go for a drive.

Danny.

Jakobe
31st August 2013, 12:16 PM
Cheers mate, that gives me an idea what to look for when test driving some cars.

mickos
1st September 2013, 12:20 PM
Ryco oil filter is Z154