PDA

View Full Version : NRMA, whats your opinion?

tommy88
11th March 2007, 06:34 PM
Has anyone had any problems with the NRMA, i called them out yesterday an dit took 2 hours and 45 mins for them to arive. I was told that they would be there within 25 mins, they didnt arive so i foned them up an then got told it would be another half hour to an hour, 2 hours an 20 mins l8er they arive, was hot an i had no drink or shelter, imagin i had a lil kid or sumit cuda been bad news for NRMA!! Jus wondered if any1 has had the same prob with them!!

if u wana kno y i called them out then please click here (http://www.opelaus.com/forum/showthread.php?t=12110)

platypus
12th March 2007, 08:12 AM
and your in country NSW right? to the best of my knowledge the NRMA service centres are Kempsey and Taree, but not Port, which means its gunna take like an hour and a bit -if they are free, if they have other jobs on then they do them in the order they get them

kids in cars they also go to first followed by animals, keys on in ignition with doors locked, people in dangerous places like major highways with no shoulders

NRMA around the central coast and sydney i found to be really good with as little waits as 15 minutes, but they take forever out of the burbs!

and don't get me started on RACQ 2 hours minimum - at least when i told them i needed a tow truck they listened - NRMA send a service car, look at the damage and then will order a tow truck for ya

Tfer
12th March 2007, 10:25 AM
and your in country NSW right? to the best of my knowledge the NRMA service centres are Kempsey and Taree, but not Port, which means its gunna take like an hour and a bit -if they are free, if they have other jobs on then they do them in the order they get them

kids in cars they also go to first followed by animals, keys on in ignition with doors locked, people in dangerous places like major highways with no shoulders

NRMA around the central coast and sydney i found to be really good with as little waits as 15 minutes, but they take forever out of the burbs!

and don't get me started on RACQ 2 hours minimum - at least when i told them i needed a tow truck they listened - NRMA send a service car, look at the damage and then will order a tow truck for ya

The only time I got the RACQ to respond promptly was when we had an old 260Z stranded on the Story Bridge, blocking one lane, and the council had another one blocked..... RACQ sort of got the picture they needed to be snappy :D Apart from that.... be prepared for the wait, and in the country, quite often, RACQ will also send a ute out first :rolleyes:

bones
14th March 2007, 03:21 PM
You know what "NRMA" stands for, don't you? No Real Mechanics Available. They are good for an inexpensive tow and that is about all. I wouldn't let 'em near the engine bay of my car.

tommy88
14th March 2007, 10:17 PM
i like that, they should have that on the side of the ute lol, it was a younge lad who came out to c me, like he should have been an aprentice or sumit!!

platypus
15th March 2007, 07:31 AM
You know what "NRMA" stands for, don't you? No Real Mechanics Available. They are good for an inexpensive tow and that is about all. I wouldn't let 'em near the engine bay of my car.

except most of them are ex mechanics.... but they don't really have the correct conditions to analyse every car in detail

SKM_87
15th March 2007, 08:38 AM
a couple on my non car friends have given up on nrma, we were in albury/wodonga and it took them a good 2 hours to get to them, they start to jus call me n my m8s instead

tommy88
15th March 2007, 10:53 AM
can i have ur number.....u wud prob b quicker than the NRMA!!!

bones
15th March 2007, 12:25 PM
except most of them are ex mechanics.... but they don't really have the correct conditions to analyse every car in detail
If they were any good as mechanics, do you think they would be working for the NRMA? What a lousy job that would be. I gave up on them years ago when I realised that I knew a lot more about my car than those idiots. I probably had to call them out four or five times over the years and not once did they ever get my car going again.

SKM_87
15th March 2007, 10:44 PM
can i have ur number.....u wud prob b quicker than the NRMA!!!

yeh probly even would from perth (were i live now) hahaha

If they were any good as mechanics, do you think they would be working for the NRMA? What a lousy job that would be. I gave up on them years ago when I realised that I knew a lot more about my car than those idiots. I probably had to call them out four or five times over the years and not once did they ever get my car going again.

they can change batteries, sometimes........ you will get the rare (very extremly rare) good one, but as you say, a good mechanic will be somewhere else.

platypus
16th March 2007, 08:51 AM
just out of interest what did your car need?

in case your not aware NRMA has to run a low risk operation - ie they have minimal need to be paying out for stuff when they can't fix it, so they refer on to people that have the parts and the gear

i'm sure that the NRMA guy would have replaced that acc belt if it wasn't a model specific item!

i guess what i'm getting to, is what on earth do you expect for $50 a year?