PDA

View Full Version : Captiva Diesel On Sale

MatsHolden
8th March 2007, 09:41 PM
The Holden Captiva is now available with a 2.0L common rail diesel with 110kw and 320nm. Be interesting to see how they sell...

digifish
8th March 2007, 09:52 PM
The Holden Captiva is now available with a 2.0L common rail diesel with 110kw and 320nm. Be interesting to see how they sell...

Sure it's not a 1.9? Same specs as my engine?

Good news is that it means dealers are more likely to carry oil-filters etc, the more the merrier.

digifish

dieselhead
8th March 2007, 10:15 PM
nah, it's not the same engine digifish. is a 2.0L engine for sure, but not as refined as ours :)
i think it should sell pretty well. the manual version is cheaper than a VE Omega with air! that will make it an option for a lot of fleet car drivers, because nobody can say they're not saving fuel driving a craptiva instead of a V6 VE.

digifish
8th March 2007, 10:32 PM
nah, it's not the same engine digifish. is a 2.0L engine for sure, but not as refined as ours :)
i think it should sell pretty well. the manual version is cheaper than a VE Omega with air! that will make it an option for a lot of fleet car drivers, because nobody can say they're not saving fuel driving a craptiva instead of a V6 VE.

How many km do you have on yours now? I have 5100, it's really starting to loosen up and peel my face off with the sport-mode on :)

Today I had a guy in an VE SS in front of me as we pulled away from the lights into a 90 zone (freeway)...I decided to pace myself against him, he tromped it at about 40 kmhr, fortunately I was on boost at about the same time, he was pulling away sure, but not as fast as he expected. At the next point we came together I saw him looking over at my Astra trying to work out why it was so quick.

digifish

dieselhead
8th March 2007, 10:43 PM
yeah, i know that look that saz "what the heck is that thing?!"
i will start a thread over the weekend about my tuned engine. if you think stock is quick... just imagine that, with the green box on, the car is faster than stock with sport on. and with both being engaged, green and sport, oh well, you are reaching warp 9 in no time. but the best thing is there's no turbo black spot anymore. you seem to be continuously on boost! now, where are those V8s hiding? :D

sorry for the off topic...
I think Holden is really hitting a sweet spot with the diesel Captiva. i can't think of any other diesel SUV being so affordable.

digifish
8th March 2007, 11:02 PM
yeah, i know that look that saz "what the heck is that thing?!"
i will start a thread over the weekend about my tuned engine. if you think stock is quick... just imagine that, with the green box on, the car is faster than stock with sport on. and with both being engaged, green and sport, oh well, you are reaching warp 9 in no time.

I hope the gearbox and clutch can cope...I worry that Opel knows how to engineer for the CDTi output stock...only time will tell. :confused:

digifish.

Alix
9th March 2007, 05:32 PM
How many km do you have on yours now? I have 5100, it's really starting to loosen up and peel my face off with the sport-mode on :)

Today I had a guy in an VE SS in front of me as we pulled away from the lights into a 90 zone (freeway)...I decided to pace myself against him, he tromped it at about 40 kmhr, fortunately I was on boost at about the same time, he was pulling away sure, but not as fast as he expected. At the next point we came together I saw him looking over at my Astra trying to work out why it was so quick.

digifish

Mine's got a smidge under 4000 on it now. Haven't noticed much difference - yet.

I handed the keys to my CDTi to a VZ SS driver the other day. After tootling around a bit he was impressed with the power and smoothness. Then, we sat at a set of lights at the bottom of a hill. I turned on Sport mode, and told him to give it a bit to ensure he got up the hill before the car next to us cut us off...

Let's just say he was very impressed, and Sport mode stayed engaged for the remainder of the "test drive".

As for the Captiva - it also weighs a fair bit more than the Astra. Add people and luggage on top of that, and it's not likely to be the Q-car the CDTi is. Adequate, probably, but not much more.

CJB
9th March 2007, 07:36 PM
This is news to me.... :confused:

sounds good........ :)

Red AH SRI T
9th March 2007, 07:54 PM
Has a lot of interest already. And the pricing is just amazing. Around 10% cheaper than the equivilent Hyundai Santa Fe Diesels!!!

Can't wait to drive one.

CJB
9th March 2007, 08:06 PM
when do they come kurt?

we're just getting around to getting the captiva maxx - at least it has 20's on it.

Alix
9th March 2007, 08:16 PM
These numbers look about right: http://chevrolet.co.uk/models/captiva/t2_perfo_engin_0.htm

11-12s for the 100km dash vs 8s for the CDTi. Adequate, not thrilling.

Hey, the Captiva might be just the car for you. Just don't expect something quick like the CDTi Astra.

Alix
9th March 2007, 08:17 PM
when do they come

April, isn't it?

Blue_Dvl
9th March 2007, 08:39 PM
i love the look of the captiva. Had a look at the diesel model at the motorshow, only thing i cant get past is its a Daewoo afterall.

Glad to read so many good stories on the astra diesel......

Red AH SRI T
12th March 2007, 07:53 AM
only thing i cant get past is its a Daewoo afterall.

Get over it.

It ain't the old style Daewoo.

This is a Holden designed car which just happens to be built in the GMDAT plant.

CJB
14th March 2007, 05:31 PM
and isnt the Maxx built from the Opel plant or something?

I don't see any Daewoo in the Captiva.

MatsHolden
14th March 2007, 05:50 PM
and isnt the Maxx built from the Opel plant or something?

Nope, both built at GMDAT's plant. Just Opel only takes the Maxx variant.