PDA

View Full Version : OPC imports - Vectra

Kippa-Dee
8th March 2007, 08:19 PM
Greetings guys.

Just wondering if anyone knows any prices on the OPC Vectra or where to go about importing one?

Cheers!

luvpsi
8th March 2007, 08:21 PM
i dont think that is possible:( but you never know...

AF1R
8th March 2007, 08:54 PM
Saw this the other day, is this wat u want?
http://techepics.com/files/opel_1.jpg
http://www.techeblog.com/index.php/tech-gadget/opel-unveils-gran-turismo-concept

Kippa-Dee
8th March 2007, 09:35 PM
While that is exceptionally hot - no.
I'm after the OPC Vectra Wagon as I need it's wagon-facilities, and would love an OPC. Mmmm, Opel V6 goodness

aussie_in_london
8th March 2007, 10:30 PM
Opel V6 goodness

its actually running a 2.8ltr aussie built V6 turbo putting out 280ps

MatsHolden
8th March 2007, 11:24 PM
I think you're best bet would be to hold off for the VE Commodore Wagon mate... importing an OPC Vectra... pwoa $$$$$$$$$. Or look at a SAAB 9-3 Wagon which is built on the same platform as the Vectra and is available with the same Holden sourced 2.8L Turbo V6 and you won't have to import it! But you're looking at $72, 400 new... So i'd say wait for the VE Wagon.

Oz
11th March 2007, 07:04 PM
You are obviously talking about the Opel Vectra OPC/Vauxhall Vectra VXR. Come to think of it a picture of the OPC Vectra wagon flicks up every now & then on this sites header above.

Chances are you could do it but the $$$ involved would be ridiculous, especially the insurance. The insurance costs for the standard Vectra CDXi 3.2V6 are high so let your mind think of how much it would be for the OPC/VXR 2.8T V6 job.

As a couple of others have mentioned your best bet if you want euro is the Saab 9-3 Sport Combi 2.8T V6 as it is alot of the same car as the Vectra. Same engine, chassis..........Plus the cost I expect would be cheaper than the a grey import OPC Vectra.

You could always start praying that HSV import it under the Vectra VXR nameplate. But that may be a big big dream especially as if it ever happened it definitely would not come here in wagon form.

DirtyHarry
11th March 2007, 09:57 PM
you could always do the dodgy. ie. buy the car and have it registered in the uk in your name for (i think) miniumum 6 months with a valid uk home address (as if your living there) then import it (under personal car import rule) and you wont have to pay taxes. hehe
all youll probably have to pay is couple of thousand dollars for the complience.