PDA

View Full Version : KSpeed Wheels

Dee
8th March 2007, 02:26 PM
I've found a set of KSpeed wheels that I like (that are in my budget!!!) from Tempe Tyres.

So basically, I have 2 questions:

1. Are KSpeed rims good quality?

2. What are tempe tyres like to deal with? - especially considering I will be purchasing from interstate

Please don't turn this into a shitfight if you dont like KSpeed or Tempe Tyres, just wondering what peoples thoughts where on them both.

Thanks
Dee

Noir
8th March 2007, 02:34 PM
I got mine through the recommendation of Kay (Bikkies). I have Kspeed 18"s and have had no dramas whatsoever. They were sent to WA pretty quickly.

Misguidedangel
My rims are Kspeed... I have no idea if they are good quality or not, so can't help you with that one...

Tempe Tyres are good to deal with from my personal experience, but I also dealt with them face to face. Seeing as you don't have a stupid stud pattern (:rolleyes:) then you should be fine. EVen with getting the rims drilled and the like, Tempe were efficient and their service was good... probably helps being a female walking into a wheel place.

As I dealt with them face to face, i have no idea if their service is as good via the post. Maybe someone else can give you a better idea if they've done that previously.

blueraven
1 - Never heard of them, if they are form Tempe, chance are high they are a cheap brand from china. Not saying thats bad tho.

2 - Generally Dodgy. From the many, many people i know that have dealt with them, most are happy with what they got, but still agree they were pretty dodgy. I have heard a handful of horror stories though, about wheels falling off after fitting and wrong tyre loadings/fitment etc.

I would buy from them, but i would also keep my eyes open and make sure i was getting exactly what i asked for, and would make sure they fit/were getting fitted properly.

Dee
8th March 2007, 02:48 PM
Thank you very much guys and girls, thats the exact sort of feedback i was after :D

JR
8th March 2007, 02:50 PM
i got my wheels frm tempe tyres (pacific hwy i think it was).
got the wheel n tyre package deal thingy.

u just gotta watch out for the tyres they put on ur wheels. mine were crappy nankang tyres which had the incorrect load rating (too low).

i had no issues dealing with them. then again mine was a simple job.

i gots no idea bout KSpeed.

Noir
8th March 2007, 02:50 PM
Which ones are you looking at?

Dee
8th March 2007, 02:52 PM
Which ones are you looking at?

that's a secret til i get them :D

entice
8th March 2007, 04:01 PM
Biggest thing with wheels, and the thing most people dont think about, is their weight. Cheap wheels weigh lots

Higher magnesium content, lighter the wheel, and generally speaker, better/faster handling and roadholding. Factory 18's on the sri astra are damn light.. not as light as teh 4kg cromodora's I have on the otehr car!!!

RudeOne
8th March 2007, 04:28 PM
that's a secret til i get them :D

http://www.tempetyres.com.au/products.asp?index=KSpeed+Wheels

considering you said you dont want chrome the options are low ;)

Dee
8th March 2007, 04:33 PM
RUDI!!!! i will kick you :D but still.. good luck guessing which ones.. i could want gold rims

Tfer
8th March 2007, 05:05 PM
Are they the ones you pointed out to me in Autosalon ;)

Dee
8th March 2007, 05:06 PM
i dont think so thomas - i could not find the exact ones... but kind of close to them ;) i'll show you a pic tonight

Tfer
8th March 2007, 05:09 PM
i dont think so thomas - i could not find the exact ones... but kind of close to them ;) i'll show you a pic tonight

Well if they are close then...... NICE!!!!! :dance:

Wraith
9th March 2007, 01:46 PM
Hopefully your all done soon, so we can see a pic :)

Dee
9th March 2007, 03:22 PM
it'd be nice to get them soon - this chrome is driving me bonkers...

they are out of stock for 2 weeks anway, which will be good to get my cash supplies up again ;)

Tfer
9th March 2007, 04:02 PM
And Donna..... the new rims do look rather nice :cool: