PDA

View Full Version : New Opel GTC

cdxi
7th March 2007, 10:14 AM
Seen the new Opel GTC Concept unveiled at Geneva?

Check www.carpoint.com.au (http://www.carpoint.com.au) or www.autoblog.com (http://www.autoblog.com) for a look. It's a thinly disguised look at where the Vectra D will be heading in design terms, with a production-ready interior and an exterior design language that makes the new Mondeo look very so-five-minutes-ago.

The crime in all this is that we probably won't see any element of the new Vectra D family here unless it comes as select models come in via HSV or Mr Mooney chases more niches that Caddy can't fill.

Speaking of Cadillac, they've got a new 2.9l turbodiesel ready for the 2009 year, with 250BHP and 406lb/ft (in the old money) on tap. Could be about right for a Commodore diesel, alongside the DI premium HFV6.

Oz
8th March 2007, 05:53 PM
Also have a look at www.worldcarfans.com for spy pics of the new Veccy-D (Insignia) testing in Sweden.

dug74
3rd May 2007, 08:15 PM
Now for some nice video footage.

Hmmm turbo AWD..

http://www.autoexpress.co.uk/videos/featuresvideos/208379/opel_gtc_coupe.html

Cheers
DUG74

Tfer
4th May 2007, 07:44 AM
Ford is getting the European Mondeo for its customers, and Holden gives us the EPICA :eek: :eek: :eek: what about the Veccy! :eek:

How lovely.................... NOT :mad:

Wraith
4th May 2007, 10:47 AM
Gee, that's quite a radical looking machine....

Overall shape looks alot like an enlarge Audi TT (ie: the new model TT) :rolleyes:

Tfer
4th May 2007, 11:08 AM
I quite like the old and new TT's :D

Wraith
4th May 2007, 12:09 PM
I hated the shape of the old TT, to me it looks like a combination of an egg and a helmet....lol

But I absolutely love the new TT :)

What an improvement.....I've even got a pic of one in my avatar :)

rjastra
4th May 2007, 04:12 PM
Ford is getting the European Mondeo for its customers, and Holden gives us the EPICA :eek: :eek: :eek: what about the Veccy! :eek:

How lovely.................... NOT :mad:

Expected price of lowest spec Mondeo in Oz... $30K+

Vectracious
4th May 2007, 04:16 PM
Expected price of lowest spec Mondeo in Oz... $30K+

Very good point.

Holden is playing the price game - The Veccy C died for a number of reasons, one of which was the price tag.

I was reading about the Epica, apparantly Holden are offering a money back guarantee on it for the first month or 1500km. If you don't like the Epica in that time and it is exactly how you bought it (excluding normal wear and tear), Holden will refund your money!!!

Wraith
4th May 2007, 04:22 PM
I wonder what GMH will do with the returns, without doubt there will be a few :rolleyes:

Shifty bastards might try and flog em off as ex-demos, rather than s/h...

Vectracious
4th May 2007, 04:25 PM
I wonder what GMH will do with the returns, without doubt there will be a few :rolleyes:

Shifty bastards might try and flog em off as ex-demos, rather than s/h...

I don't think people will even get that far - they will probably make the conditions for return so stupidly ridiculous that you'll end up keeping the car anyway

Heres the link to the story about the refund scheme....

http://www.worldcarfans.com/rsslink.cfm/article/2070430.004/holden/holden-epica-launched-mid-size-without-compromise

Wraith
4th May 2007, 04:37 PM
That sounds more like it.

The idea of being able to purchase a car and send it back after a month if your not happy, does sound a bit far fetched and overly generous on the part of GMH ;)

Red AH SRI T
4th May 2007, 05:14 PM
The catch is that u have to prove you have purchased ANOTHER CAR of equal or greater value.

BTW, the GTC is H O T!

Vectracious
4th May 2007, 05:34 PM
The catch is that u have to prove you have purchased ANOTHER CAR of equal or greater value.

And there you have it.....

Red AH - anyway of being able to keep track of how many times that will happen during the offer? Its a moot point anyway as the people buying an Epica are not like you have a spare 25K lying around to buy another car so they can take the Epica back, nor are they going to want to, because to them, they got a good deal on a mid-size.