PDA

View Full Version : Astra TS - Sedan or Hatchback

cz-
5th March 2007, 04:59 PM
Hello Opelaus!

This is my first post here and i'm just looking at getting a Astra TS, problem is I'm not sure if i would prefer the sedan or the hatchback model. Most other cars the choice would be clear for me but not with the astra, from the photos I've been looking at today they look pretty similar?

What do people prefer and are there any clear benefits/disadvantages of either?

Thanks

EL BURITO
5th March 2007, 06:01 PM
my choice is for a hatch for the simple benifit i know were the car ends. Yes i have owned a Sedan but i still prefer a hatch

daaaaavek
5th March 2007, 06:04 PM
Yeh get a hatch .. preferably a 2.2 litre SRi :)

maloo97
5th March 2007, 06:07 PM
Yeh myself i like the hatch. To me looks sporty.
Iv had both but prefer a hatch.
but everyone else thinks different.

JR
5th March 2007, 06:49 PM
HATCH all da way :D

bigger boot access compared to the sedan.
i'm not sure which has the bigger boot capacity though.

EL BURITO
5th March 2007, 06:51 PM
HATCH all da way :D

bigger boot access compared to the sedan.
i'm not sure which has the bigger boot capacity though.
as long as u can fit your sub and 2 amps in there u are fine

Tfer
5th March 2007, 06:56 PM
More flexibility with the boot..... mini wagon. :)

maloo97
5th March 2007, 07:40 PM
Do the seats fold down in the astra Sedan ??

Blue_Dvl
5th March 2007, 08:42 PM
seats certainly do fold down

kirssn
5th March 2007, 09:00 PM
i've got a hatch, mums got a sedan, we switch all the time because she prefers my boot for ease and accessibility... i prefer it too

cz-
5th March 2007, 09:11 PM
Seems to be alot of preference to the hatchback :) Thanks for all the opinions and I'll keep this in mind while I'm searching.

luvpsi
5th March 2007, 09:32 PM
Yeh get a hatch .. preferably a 2.2 litre SRi :)

lol:) get a hatch but make it a 2.0 litre sri turbo:D

xplosv57
6th March 2007, 11:19 AM
I actually have to disagree, i actually like the sedan better, doesn't look as girly as the hatch (which i hate about my hatch) and the sedan looks better lowered with wheels than a hatch does!!! But im talking base models here (City, CD) im not referring to the SRi-T, id love one of those haha!!!

lowey22
6th March 2007, 12:14 PM
i much perfer the hatch, the sedan looks a bit funny to me, plus you would be amazed what you can fit in the hatch and with the seats folded down it's crazy! :D

luvpsi
6th March 2007, 12:29 PM
I actually have to disagree, i actually like the sedan better, doesn't look as girly as the hatch (which i hate about my hatch) and the sedan looks better lowered with wheels than a hatch does!!! But im talking base models here (City, CD) im not referring to the SRi-T, id love one of those haha!!!

come to think about it, a sedan would actually look better when lowered (around 3'':D ) with a set of decent 19'' rims. Add to that an sri-t front bar, head/tail lights and some skirts and u've got yourself a very unique car that IMO would look better than a hatch

AF1R
6th March 2007, 01:06 PM
come to think about it, a sedan would actually look better when lowered (around 3'':D ) with a set of decent 19'' rims. Add to that an sri-t front bar, head/tail lights and some skirts and u've got yourself a very unique car that IMO would look better than a hatch

Agree, teh 4 door looks pretty hot once its lowered with big rims, but remember its gonna look like a big fat rice cooker and ur gonna get laught at, so dont do it, unless u got a turbo transplant under teh bonnet, lol sleeper.

Get the hatch SRi or SXi, both thos have the same front lip i believe, the front lip makes the car look good and sporty.
Else get the Turbo.

JR
6th March 2007, 04:54 PM
there was a reason why the SRi, Turbo n VXR were NOT made in "Sedan versions"
cause hot "hatch" is da way to go ;)
lol

i'm not saying that the sedans don't look good - once lowered n wheeled up.

but i will admit, there ain't many done-up astra sedans around n about. so it will b unique.

Vectracious
6th March 2007, 05:27 PM
Hatch

As others have said, what you can fit in the back of a TS with the seats down is phenomenal!

Some stuff I've gotten in my wife's TS (not at once though ;-) )
- 76Cm widescreen TV
- Home theatre system with pedestal speakers
- Wheelbarrow
- 2 full size mountain bikes

no way you could put those in a sedan and still be able to close the boot!!

Tfer
6th March 2007, 07:59 PM
Yup very true..... so what do you want?

Practicality (hatch for mini wagon capabilities)
Individuality (sedan all done up.... quite unique):)

Blue_Dvl
6th March 2007, 08:27 PM
have to agree the sedan is a more unique vehicle, when a few personalised touches are added