PDA

View Full Version : ECU flash

aznpsuazn
5th March 2007, 04:00 PM
Hello members!

Im new to the forum, have just purchased an 04 sri-t. I have been looking for imformation regarding the ECU flash modification but there isnt much info on it.

If anyone could expand on
-cost
-benefits before/after comparison
-who does it
-what does it actually alter
-does it compromise the drivability or life of the car in anyway
-has anyone had any problems with it?

I would like to leave the car relatively standard, have no intentions of lowering the car, altering intake, or changing wheels etc.

Is this a feasible mod guys? Please tell of your experiences. Thanks!

luvpsi
5th March 2007, 04:17 PM
I had the reflash done recently and have posted my experience here:

http://www.opelaus.com/forum/showthread.php?t=11740

There have also been numerous other threads about this so have a search around;) for other tech info about the reflash turblue is the person to talk to

luvpsi
5th March 2007, 04:19 PM
I had the reflash done recently and have posted my experience here:

http://www.opelaus.com/forum/showthread.php?t=11740

There have also been numerous other threads about this so have a search around;) for other tech info about the reflash turblue is the person to talk to

or auzvectra (if you are in QLD), gman (if you are in NSW), turblue (VIC).

not sure about other states:(

Tfer
5th March 2007, 04:24 PM
or auzvectra (if you are in QLD), gman (if you are in NSW), turblue (VIC).

not sure about other states:(

Or Rhino in WA :)

aznpsuazn
5th March 2007, 04:25 PM
Thanks for the info mate. i never realised there was so much info laying around. i was browsing the forums as a non-member and as such i was restricted to what i could view.

aznpsuazn
5th March 2007, 05:05 PM
Im located in NSW.

Ive read your link psi and thanks.
Any reliability issues with this flash? What does it alter?
and does anyone have availble Dynograph printouts to compare it more objectively?

CNBLU
5th March 2007, 10:29 PM
Im located in NSW.

does anyone have availble Dynograph printouts to compare it more objectively?

we only have print outs of our smiles...:D

blueraven
6th March 2007, 12:48 AM
its a well known fact that some astra's are more difficult then others on the dyno. Results in my mind will always be questionable unless duplicate on more than one dyno, on different days :)

aznpsuazn
6th March 2007, 01:34 PM
thats fair enough!
Does anyone know the name of the software or the brand of the ECU map? i would like to know more about what it does and how it does it before i start to toy around.

Turblue
6th March 2007, 02:01 PM
Hmmmm...... ok...

If you have any questions, please send me a PM and I'll make contact with you. We can discuss anything you wish from there. Also, I suggest that you do a search for people's comments. There is a lot of info around.

Oh BTW everyone...... :)

I was contacted by one of Australia's biggest Chiptuners yesterday for a discussion on what I do. Spent almost an hour on the phone with them.

That happened about 20 minutes after you registered aznpsuazn, and started asking about SRiT tuning.