PDA

View Full Version : Vibraton in Vectra B

carpy
4th March 2007, 08:33 AM
I have owned this car from new and one of its virtues has always been how smooth the engine was.(98 2 litre).I recently replaced plugs, leads, fuel filter etc and Holden did a full cambelt kit change. Car was great. Drove car into carport and jacked it up to check anti roll bar bushes, lowered the car off jacks and started engine and instantly noticed a harmonic vibration through steering wheel dash etc.
Note car runs fine no misfire.
Since then I have tried changing back the plugs etc. Holden at no cost rechecked the timing belt and tensioner checked engine mounts and even did a tech 2 although they admit there is a vibration they put it down to the age of the car. (only 98,000 klm ) also replaced roll bar bushes.
Vibration is not shuddering just annoying.
My thoughts hve been engine mount rubber that maybe split but cant determine visually or one of the timing kit components is out of wack.
Any ideas as the vibration is like Chinese water torture and makes our Barina feel like a BMW.

vectraguy01
4th March 2007, 02:45 PM
when does the vibration occur, like at idle of during driving???

carpy
4th March 2007, 05:45 PM
Its a harmonic vibration from idle right through the rev range. Idle itself is spot on just the buzzing through the wheel,dash etc.

TUFF
7th May 2009, 10:32 PM
Sorry to revive an old post but did you find the problem? As my mums vectra has the same prob.

Cheers

Josh

vectraguy01
8th May 2009, 05:27 PM
id say it could be a engine mount.

carpy
8th May 2009, 07:24 PM
I''d say you where wrong! I did put new mounts in and replaced the top engine stay but never got rid of the annoying vibration. My father now has the car and thinks its great and it dosent bother him.
Maybe someday when clutch needs replacing we might find an answer.

vectraguy01
8th May 2009, 08:42 PM
I'd say i said "could" be the issue, I didnt say it was.

If it doesnt bother your dad then thats great.