PDA

View Full Version : Honda confirms Civic Type R/Ford confirms Fiesta XR4

GreyRex
2nd March 2007, 12:54 PM
Hey everyone,

I know we're all Opel and that, but any new product/competition is good. Thought some of you might be interested, because I sure am. Have a read of the articles. Ford has confirmed the Fiesta XR4 and Honda the Civic Type R. Both look great...

http://www.drive.com.au/Editorial/MiniSite/MiniSiteArticleDetail.aspx?ArticleID=36543&vf=28&MiniSiteID=4

http://www.drive.com.au/Editorial/ArticleDetail.aspx?ArticleID=36493

Mainframe_Module
2nd March 2007, 12:55 PM
you forgot the volvo C30
which im actually very interested in
i want to test drive one...who knows, i might opt for one over an opel *gasp*

Tfer
2nd March 2007, 12:55 PM
Hey everyone,

I know we're all Opel and that, but any new product/competition is good. Thought some of you might be interested, because I sure am. Have a read of the articles. Ford has confirmed the Fiesta XR4 and Honda the Civic Type R. Both look great...

http://www.drive.com.au/Editorial/MiniSite/MiniSiteArticleDetail.aspx?ArticleID=36543&vf=28&MiniSiteID=4

http://www.drive.com.au/Editorial/ArticleDetail.aspx?ArticleID=36493

The more variety the better :D

Wraith
2nd March 2007, 02:08 PM
Agree, the more the better :)

Volvo's amongst others are always getting better/nicer looking....

Heaps of new updates coming over the next 18 months - I'm curious to see what the new Mazda 3 will be like, the updated Mazda 2 is a fantastic update, if only aesthetically speaking :rolleyes:

BTW what about the big car scene - the new Ford Falcon (Orion) I don't care how much they (Ford) try and pass the design off as being based on and copied bits off their Focus and Mondeo, side profile looks like an O/A copy of a VE to me, with some changes to front and rear......:mad:

btm
2nd March 2007, 02:41 PM
that rear wing on the civic looks like sh!te

btm
2nd March 2007, 02:43 PM
110kW in a little fiesta... wow, could be a good little bang for your buck!

Tfer
2nd March 2007, 03:03 PM

Yesm.... would be interesting ;)

blueraven
2nd March 2007, 03:22 PM
you already get that in the ralliart colt and the Polo gti....

Mainframe_Module
2nd March 2007, 03:25 PM
anyone else thinking that with the fiesta getting a performance model it might be twisting holdens arm to offer the corsa here???

it would be direct competition and priced (hopefully) around the same price..............*Dreams of a little corsa to call his own*

but yeah, i loved the c30 when i saw it at the motorshow last year and ive been keeping an eye out for any news relating to it, it is more spensive than id ideally looking to be spending on my next car. but ive i can get enough paid off my current one and come accross a good deal, who knows.

still love the astra coupe/tigra.

but really the corsa would be the best mix of all of the cars i want, but who knows ay, im keeping my options open...the astra i was looking at a month ago didnt work out so ill just continue to keep looking and test driving etc.

but as somone else said, the more variety the better - definately.

EL BURITO
2nd March 2007, 03:31 PM
might have to look at that

GreyRex
2nd March 2007, 04:00 PM
You know what... im sort of the same. The interior's a little garish for me with colour in the seats and dashboard (would prefer a more subtle look), but its that its not a turbo that counts for me. Helps Insurance heaps. Apparently you'll be able to option the GT stripes as well lol. Just solid black i reckon would look great, without the strips. It's sort of looking like the next Barina/Corsa SRi replacement as such for the category. Will have to look at it at the Motor Show here in Melb. As for the Civic, I think it looks fantastic... and has the go to match its looks as well. If my budget stretched that far, thats what I would choose.

EL BURITO
15th March 2007, 09:35 PM
I went to see a salesman to in a FORD dealership :eek::eek::eek:

any ways i was looking to have a chat about the ST. He actually new wat I was talking about. that was a good start.

So the facts i got are as follows

the stripes are a option - price not released yet wcs=$500
Interior colours are odd there is the blue and the red but they are a funny match to the colour. eg white with blue gets red interior.

each dealership is alocated 3 with option to order 5
other 2 not garanteed

Drive away $31,000

and yes i am considering one

MatsHolden
15th March 2007, 09:48 PM
You know how cars usually look 100 times better in the 'flesh' than in photos? Well it's the opposite with the Fiesta XR4... Looks A LOT better in the photos. And if the interior feels like the 'standard' Fiestas then yuck. $31, 000... Another $3K or so and there's an SRi Turbo...

Shaun
16th March 2007, 02:43 AM
XR4 is going to be priced well from what i read in Motor this month.Pricing should be somewhere arround the $20,000 mark. thats Cheap as for what it is.

MatsHolden
16th March 2007, 06:26 AM
XR4 is going to be priced well from what i read in Motor this month.Pricing should be somewhere arround the $20,000 mark. thats Cheap as for what it is.

If they can do it for that, then that's a very good price.

EL BURITO
16th March 2007, 07:06 AM
he was going off a sales contract of the one he had already sold. but TBH i wouldnt buy a car till i had had a look at it.

the currant top of the line is a Ghia and thats $20500 so it will be more than that

Mainframe_Module
16th March 2007, 10:34 AM
i thought it was gunna be around 26990 for the fiesta, one of the aussie car sites said something around that mark from what i remember

bones
16th March 2007, 04:18 PM
The word I have seen everywhere is $24k-$25k plus on-roads; a grand or two cheaper than a Polo GTi. I was momentarily interested until I saw the god-awful interior of the Fiesta Zetec. What a dog's breakfast of a thing it is! No thanks, I'll pay a few grand extra for a proper interior.

bill142
16th March 2007, 06:59 PM
but yeah, i loved the c30 when i saw it at the motorshow last year and ive been keeping an eye out for any news relating to it, it is more spensive than id ideally looking to be spending on my next car. but ive i can get enough paid off my current one and come accross a good deal, who knows.

I'd be keen on a C30 for the right price.

GreyRex
16th March 2007, 07:59 PM
Fiesta's interior is shite... give me Polo GTi quality anyday, especially after driving one last week