PDA

View Full Version : angel eyes kit

UnKnOwN
1st March 2007, 01:01 PM
hi guys, i was just wondering if the stock headlights of the barina XC 05 would be compatible with these:

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/2x-Car-Auto-ANGEL-EYES-Halo-Projector-Ring-Headlights-W_W0QQitemZ300084902694QQihZ020QQcategoryZ102560QQ rdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

it seems to be a lot cheaper option for the same effect
if they are compatible would anyone know the diameter of the low beam "ring"? :confused:

also, whats the law restriction on the colour of these things, if any? =P

cheers =)

oneightoo
1st March 2007, 01:03 PM
if these are the ones i think they are, then they arent easy to install either.. a lot of pulling apart of headlights and other electronic stuff.. but they would work on any headlight..

oneightoo
1st March 2007, 01:04 PM
oh and there wouldnt be a law restrction on them, so long as they arent blindingly bright..

UnKnOwN
1st March 2007, 05:50 PM
i was told by someone that the headlights are sealed units so its best to leave them alone.... is it true?

i dunno much about the electrics but if i do manage to open up the housing and put the "rings" in would it work if i just take the power+switch that goes to the park lights and divert it to the rings?
even if i cant the turn on the park lights after that....i think its well worth it

also, if its that hard to do would it be worth just getting an auto electrician or someone like that to do it

btm
1st March 2007, 06:09 PM
i was told by someone that the headlights are sealed units so its best to leave them alone.... is it true?
if it aint broke......

Clint
1st March 2007, 06:26 PM
yea i suggest not opening the headlights, unless you are experienced in that area, it can cause you many troubles with them leaking afterwards

EL BURITO
1st March 2007, 06:33 PM

YES.

just think also they are $330 a side to replace

UnKnOwN
1st March 2007, 06:39 PM
hmm =X from what i can see without taking them out theyre just clipped on =P
so tempted to do it anyway.... it looks too good lol

EL BURITO
1st March 2007, 06:44 PM
no they are not. i have taken them out before

Clint
1st March 2007, 06:48 PM
if they were just clipped on they would not seal..

the headlights dont use ordinary glue, which is why they use clips to hold it together. with stress/movement/flex of the front of the car/bumper/ rapid heat changes, etc etc movement mnust be allowed between the front and rear pieces. any glue that bonds both togetherand sets will not work, you need a glue that never sets solid, the ideal stuff to use isn't available to anyone except the manufactures, not even to repair shops, etc. the best alternative to seal is windscreen silicone, it never sets, and works pretty good

UnKnOwN
1st March 2007, 06:59 PM
dat sux... i was really hopeful that this cheaper alternative would work >.<

JR
1st March 2007, 07:17 PM
i wouldn't do it.

true its only gonna cost u $15.99, but by opening up ur headlights, ur gonna end up buying an entire new pair of headlights cause of condensation n leaks a coupla months down the track.

unless ofcourse u re-seal it really really well.

then again, wat happens when the halos malfunction, or need a globe replaced - u gotta open up the headlights......again!!!

UnKnOwN
1st March 2007, 07:41 PM
well... yeah =\
>.<

oneightoo
2nd March 2007, 08:29 AM
if you want angel eye headlights you are better off buying the complete unit.. costs about the same as your headlights from holden, but worth the lack of hassle.. then you can sell your stock headlights and recoup some cash..

Black
5th March 2007, 04:18 AM
Good luck with the lights. It'll look sexy if you manage to pull it off :D

platypus
5th March 2007, 08:34 AM
its not that hard to do - did it with my last car and helped friends out with it
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v708/ahb11m/wrecking/IMG_5950.jpg
yes that car is damaged - but the headlights are original OEM plus blackened insides just had to bake them out, just got them in the oven for 10 minutes at 120, try at 5 first and use your judgement

be warned it will be hot, when you take it out, to open it up - this is when the clips are relative, unclip them then you can get into the gear

keep in mind they are headlights - they are made to withstand a certain amount of heat!!!