PDA

View Full Version : Leather Seat Covers

dustbug
1st March 2007, 11:30 AM
Anyone interested?

Maybe a group buy.

A mate on the skyline forum bought it for his car. Looks great for the price. When you look at the pics his is the white R32 with red/black interior.

They look great and feel good too in the flesh. They don't have a template for Astra AH's and the guy said i could take the seats out of my car and send them down to get a template made for a discounted price. Sounds like a hassle to do from Sydney so if there are any melbourne people that are interested, if you take out the passenger front and rear seats and give it to them, they can make a template for it.

This is the link i found talking about the seats:

http://www.astinagt.com/forums/archive/index.php/t-8504.html

Heres the link for photos:

http://www.users.on.net/~pacey/seats/seats.htm

Heres the link for e-bay:

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/LEATHER-SEAT-COVER-W168-W202-W203-AUDI-A4-406-206-307_W0QQitemZ250089336303QQihZ015QQcategoryZ43809Q QrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Wraith
1st March 2007, 11:47 AM
Are they the ones from a place in Dandenong (Melb.)

If so they came up ages ago on the Cali forum, a couple of peeps there got em and were happy with the o/a result :)

dustbug
1st March 2007, 01:13 PM
yup thats the place!

I beleive everyone on the skyline forum were happy with the o/a result too.

i'm just not sure if i should remove the seats and send them to melb, especially with the side airbags in the seats.....

JohnBu
1st March 2007, 03:29 PM
yup thats the place!

i'm just not sure if i should remove the seats and send them to melb, especially with the side airbags in the seats.....

i wouldnt too keen on having them fitted covering what is a potentially life saving safety device.

Wraith
1st March 2007, 04:49 PM
yup thats the place!

Just tell em your exact model of AH, I'm sure they could make em up exactly - probably done others by now :)

As for side impact airbags, just have that area blanked out, to the shape of the airbag cover, with a tight fit it should finish off/work and look o.k. :rolleyes:

dustbug
1st March 2007, 05:42 PM
Yes this is what they would do, because it is all custom made, the would blank out the areas for the side airbags.

the reason i mentioned the side air bags was because they said to send down the seats so they could make a template, but beucase they are air bags in them, it is not as easy as a simple unscrew rescrew. i would be worried about disconnecting and reconnecting the air bags, thats all.

Wraith
1st March 2007, 05:54 PM
Get in touch with an AH owner in Melb. and see if they can do you the favour.....

Or tell them (this mob in Dandenong) to contact you after they've seen and done another AH, that way you don't spend time and money removing and couriering your front seat/seats interstate....

dustbug
1st March 2007, 10:31 PM
Ye i wouldn't expect someone with an AH just to get their seats templated just for me, if someone decided to get them done, i'll get it done too.

But they make seats for any car, not just astras