PDA

View Full Version : Vauxhall VXR8 Lanched Today.

Shaun
27th February 2007, 09:06 PM
As expected Vauxhall Preformance Arm VXR will be adding the HSV Clubsport R8 to its line up to replace the Out going Monaro VXR.

The New Clubsport R8 will be under the VXR8 Name.

Story Below.
http://www.worldcarfans.com/news.cfm/country/ecf/newsID/2070226.003/vauxhall/new-vauxhall-vxr8-revealed
http://www.vauxhall.co.uk/vx/vxr/flash/index.html

aussie_in_london
27th February 2007, 09:20 PM
only difference to the HSV Clubsport R8 will be the GTS seats fitted as standard and the GTS 20's will be an option

Shaun
27th February 2007, 09:33 PM
Did you see the VXR8 on your recent Visit to Vauxhall HQ???

dustbug
27th February 2007, 09:57 PM
On the VXR website above mentioned states............

"Supercharged model to follow"

:D :D :D

Greggy
27th February 2007, 10:23 PM
Was sent the link last night - and priced keenly too at a merre £36k - Hmmmm start saving up now !!!

RudeOne
27th February 2007, 10:40 PM
fits in nicely with the rest of th VXR range :) and its red!

Shaun
27th February 2007, 10:41 PM
On the VXR website above mentioned states............

"Supercharged model to follow"

:D :D :D

be the amae as the VXR Monaro if the do a Supercharged Model.

Red AH SRI T
28th February 2007, 09:18 PM
NO V GRILLE?

:eek:

Shaun
28th February 2007, 09:40 PM
NO V GRILLE?

:eek:

The Monaro VXR never had a V Grille nor did the CV-8 Vauxhall Monaro's.

Alfonzo
28th February 2007, 11:41 PM
Can't wait till Top Gear gets a hold of one :)

Greggy
1st March 2007, 12:39 AM
Can't wait till Top Gear gets a hold of one :)

They will give it a good seeing too - wonder what they will try and put it up against (bound to group test it again) :confused:

Shaun
1st March 2007, 01:43 AM
They will give it a good seeing too - wonder what they will try and put it up against (bound to group test it again) :confused:
M5 BMW And maybe an E 65 AMG Benz ?? although motor tested it against the C65 AMG but they tested the Senator in the class of car the tested.

Apex
1st March 2007, 08:08 AM

M5 BMW And maybe an E 65 AMG Benz ?? although motor tested it against the C65 AMG but they tested the Senator in the class of car the tested.

Yea M5 and E65 are in another league but throw in the 300cSRT8 and the S-TypeR replacement due soon, and I think it will be a good match up,with a bit of luck they will take them to the beach:)

Are they not going to have the MRC on the UK models? I thought they may have exported the GTS spec car!

Wraith
1st March 2007, 08:55 AM
Sounds like a good choice of upgrade car for you folks in the U.K. :) especially if your seeking a larger family car.

Price seems to be on par with our local price as well - usually x2 and a bit from whatever the U.K. pound sterling value is.

I'm hanging for a 2 door variant - I still believe we'll eventually have one :pray:

Regarding V grilles, I could've sworn I 've seen pics of U.K. Monaro's with them, can't remember exactly where or when though :confused:

Greggy
1st March 2007, 09:24 AM
Sounds like a good choice of upgrade car for you folks in the U.K. :) especially if your seeking a larger family car.

Price seems to be on par with our local price as well - usually x2 and a bit from whatever the U.K. pound sterling value is.

I'm hanging for a 2 door variant - I still believe we'll eventually have one :pray:

Regarding V grilles, I could've sworn I 've seen pics of U.K. Monaro's with them, can't remember exactly where or when though :confused:

I tell ya, £36k GBP for a lunatic VXR is small chips - its capable of EEEK MPH and is a 4 door - as you say, a good (and cheaper) alternative to the likes of 'Zee Germans' - The new one looks VERY mean and can back up its mean looks with mean performance !

As for the V grill, there is a VXR 500 (Current shape) with the V grill but some marketing shots dont.......

I think I may sell my wife, cat and two kids for one though :D

Wraith
1st March 2007, 09:43 AM
I tell ya, £36k GBP for a lunatic VXR is small chips - its capable of EEEK MPH and is a 4 door - as you say, a good (and cheaper) alternative to the likes of 'Zee Germans' - The new one looks VERY mean and can back up its mean looks with mean performance !

As for the V grill, there is a VXR 500 (Current shape) with the V grill but some marketing shots dont.......

I think I may sell my wife, cat and two kids for one though :D

I knew I'd seen a U.K. 'Munro' with Vgrille somewhere, I was responding to a posting above which states they never had one :)

I tell ya what Greggy, if GMH release a 2 door VE and I've gotta sell my missus, kids and cat to get one, then so be it !!!!!! :D I have all three of those things and hopefully they'll fetch a good price LOL :D hahahaha

Now just to make sure they don't see this thread :o

Greggy
1st March 2007, 09:49 AM
I tell ya what Greggy, if GMH release a 2 door VE and I've gotta sell my missus, kids and cat to get one, then so be it !!!!!! :D I have all three of those things and hopefully they'll fetch a good price LOL :D hahahaha

Now just to make sure they don't see this thread :o

yeah quite - she would kill me ;)

so, Shhhhhhhhh ;)