PDA

View Full Version : ** BE AWARE ** Personalized Plate Owners

Cybulba
27th May 2004, 06:55 PM
I was at work browsing the OZplates website and found someone has listed my plates for sale ??

http://www.ozplates.com.au/plates_nsw_11.htm

For those with personalized plate i would check to see that you arent listed on there either.

I will be calling the site owner tommorow in regards to this add as i tried to call the no# for the so call person that is selling them but get a message saying the user has incoming call restrictions..

Think the site need to look as buyer and seller security here..

mr_astra_retired
27th May 2004, 06:59 PM
omg man thats bizarre .

Anonymous
27th May 2004, 07:06 PM
whats plates have you got dude?

Cybulba
27th May 2004, 07:14 PM
Sorry BLK^BaRiNa my bad. I should have put that on there.. i have BIATCH on my plates.

mr astra was thinking if i get through and he or she say they have them . I will say like im buying them for my wife. And the turn up there to pick them up with my plates. lol. Suprise :shock:

Maybe someone had them and had to hand them back ?? But all i know is i went to the RTA for mine so there shouldnt be a duplicate. Or someone is trying to do some sort of scam.

mr_astra_retired
27th May 2004, 07:16 PM
yup scam seems right to me , i think they just put fake plates in with fake numbers just to make te site look good

LOL@ goin to see the plates in yr car ... he he

Anonymous
27th May 2004, 07:36 PM
i agree with steve, their doing it for site looks thats all, but be careful, because then may know where you are, and nick them when someone is interested in buying them... but i love your idea.

Anonymous
27th May 2004, 08:08 PM
have u tried to reach the owner of the page?

RK
27th May 2004, 08:16 PM
damn, thats farked

EAK33Y
27th May 2004, 10:57 PM
Thats is ****ed

4DGALZ just got rid of his plates

anicorsa
27th May 2004, 11:01 PM
THat sucks... BEtter keep an eye on your plates so they don't get nicked.

Cybulba
28th May 2004, 10:57 AM
yeh tried calling the person selling and the site but they never answer so i will be sending email from work today.. see if i get a reply..

ultim8DTM5
28th May 2004, 11:28 AM
Maybe if you pretend to want to buy them...
:lol:

Anonymous
28th May 2004, 01:54 PM
any answer?

rjastra
28th May 2004, 03:03 PM
What's the issue? The RTA only registers one vehicle per registration number.

If they (whomever that is) did "nick" them they couldn't do anything with them.

The RTA has a site that will tell you if a certain plate is available, why bother with a third party