PDA

View Full Version : Opel recalls 34000 Corsas

NXA-16H
25th February 2007, 09:47 PM
General Motors' European division, Opel, said Wednesday it had recalled nearly 34,000 of its new Corsa small-car model so as to fix a steering defect.

A spokesman at the Opel office in Ruesselsheim said the problem had arisen with the lower wishbone holding the front wheels of the new-model Corsa introduced at the start of October.

Opel had been writing to owners for the past two weeks, asking them to have the cars checked at franchised repair shops.

Those with a faulty weld in the wishbone would receive a replacement part. Opel said it discovered the problem through its own quality tests.

I initially read this news article on my German Email Server GMX, but hadn't the time to translate it directly.

But still breaking news nonetheless.

NXA-16H

Dee
26th February 2007, 11:38 AM
so this is recent news then????

wonder if mine is in the recall...
i know aaron's had some part of the steering control arm replaced/repaired...

oneightoo
26th February 2007, 12:02 PM
Dee, it only applies to "the new-model Corsa introduced at the start of October."

unless this is a dated announcement..

Dee
26th February 2007, 01:24 PM
i read that *blushes*

NXA-16H
26th February 2007, 02:13 PM
so this is recent news then????

wonder if mine is in the recall...
i know aaron's had some part of the steering control arm replaced/repaired...

This article made it to the press last Wednesday 21st February. It was still displayed on my German Email Server 24 Hours afterwards.

And yes, it's relevant only to the new generation of Corsas that are no longer exported to Australia.

NXA-16H

oneightoo
26th February 2007, 04:40 PM
i read that *blushes*

you silly billy :p