PDA

View Full Version : Hi, newbie from Adelaide Hills

Havabigjuan
25th February 2007, 03:12 PM
Hi all, Peter is my name

Driven 4 Opels as lease cars as a (now ex) employee of Holden, started with a red Corsa C, an Astra city sedan, then two Vectras in succession; all manual. Oh how my wife loved those Vectras :clap:

Always wanted an SRi Corsa so have just bought a 2ndhand 2001 model in red, waiting to pick it up. Should be a welcome change from driving a rodeo dual cab...

Again, just wanted to say hello as my first post here in these forums, and hope to tap into your wealth of knowledge along the way :D

Insubordinate
25th February 2007, 03:56 PM
yay someone else from the adelaide hills!!!!!!! welcome!

Tigra
25th February 2007, 04:01 PM
Hi Peter, welcome to Opelaus. The motors in the SRi are great, thats whats in my Tigra and its a pleasure to drive.

missxc
25th February 2007, 05:59 PM
Welcome.

A few other adelaidians are going on a cruise on the 10th March if you are interested in coming along.

We are the lamest state and have never had any meets for hopefully this will be our first.

dieselhead
25th February 2007, 08:21 PM
Welcome! Good to see Opel cars are loved here, deep in Holden territory :)

caspers turbo
25th February 2007, 08:29 PM
Welcome to Opelaus, the emergency exits are here and here, lol, good to see another Adelaidian

Havabigjuan
25th February 2007, 09:21 PM
Thanks all

Cruise would def be interesting, would have had the car nearly two weeks then so hopefully would have sorted any bugs out...

Funny how Adelaidians are crap at organising / getting to meets cause it happens on some other forums I'm part of...

Any set plans yet or will be impromptu?

btm
26th February 2007, 10:05 AM
Welcome Peter - enjoy your stay :)

CJB
26th February 2007, 10:33 AM
Welcome to Opelaus :)

missxc
26th February 2007, 12:39 PM
Thanks all

Cruise would def be interesting, would have had the car nearly two weeks then so hopefully would have sorted any bugs out...

Funny how Adelaidians are crap at organising / getting to meets cause it happens on some other forums I'm part of...

Any set plans yet or will be impromptu?
Well going to see how many people want to come then will prob sort more detials.
Depending on what time certain members finish work prob be a late night cruise to the bay for dinner or something along those lines..

Also it depends on the temp. If you have any plans please tell us.

Tfer
26th February 2007, 12:42 PM
Welcome to Opelaus Peter..... enjoy your stay.... post some pice of your ride once you of course pick up your Corsa :D

Havabigjuan
2nd March 2007, 09:46 AM
Welcome to Opelaus Peter..... enjoy your stay.... post some pice of your ride once you of course pick up your Corsa :D
picked up on Wed, just going over it slowly

found cabling in the rear from the old stereo, things like that

haven't taken pics yet but will get onto it when washed, part of the way to my house is dirt road so cars get dirty quick but is only surface dust...

was slightly disappointed when i first got it as it seemed a bit sluggish but yesterday punched it out of a roundabout in 2nd and smiled :D

gonna take some time to get used to throttle & power delivery

Havabigjuan
2nd March 2007, 12:32 PM
well not working has its bonuses i guess ;)

managed to de-restrict airbox this morn, dunno if this actually does anything other than induction noise and placebo

also found that the tweeters in doors had been removed, lucky i had a set spare that went right in

also need to check out this leftover wiring in back, at least they left it in corrugated conduit etc

starting to get hot now so might go for a drive once chores done ie dishes and clean up a bit

gotta get some pics done i guess...