PDA

View Full Version : Hot Hatch Segment Heats Up Even More

Wraith
24th February 2007, 02:09 PM
The Hot hatch segment of cars is set to get even hotter........

Sales around the World in this category must be doing exceptionally well as alot of major manufacturers are set to continue improving and/or introduce new models in this class.

Some of you may already be aware of what's around the corner, but a few I've discovered recently include a new 300+bhp AWD Focus, a new 300+bhp Alfa hatch and a new release from Fiat, which is rumoured to be something really special.

Some of these are even gonna be released as competitors to Mitsubishi's Lan Evo Mk10 and new WRX, so they gonna have to be good.

Only time will tell just which if any of these will end up on our shores......hopefully all of them :)

Here's one link to the Focus test car
http://www.evo.co.uk/news/evospyshots/204479/ford_focus_rs.html

dug74
24th February 2007, 02:15 PM
Well sadly i must tell you...and i will buy the uk mag from Borders and post it up.

The new 2008 Ford Focus RS...will be FWD :mad:

They have the option of using the Volvo AWD systems...but said it was too expensive and they need to keep cost down.

It will have the performance....YES...but will it have the handling ????

Oh...and its getting a LSD like the mazda http://www.opelaus.com/forum/images/icons/icon14.gif

Cheers
DUG74

blueraven
24th February 2007, 03:21 PM
shame about the fwd..lsd or not.

My next car will be awd without question. will be selling the astra at about 100k ...

rjastra
24th February 2007, 05:31 PM
I remember Volvo did and awd prototype of the C30. Only problem was they had to raise the car on the suspension to make it all fit. there could be a similar problem with the Focus. A "jacked up" Focus RS just wouldn't cut the mustard.

Shaun
24th February 2007, 05:41 PM
NICE..... its possible we would see an RS Focus on our shores. FPV are looking at sending the Typhoon to the UK. Ford would love nothing but to have a focus in there FPV Ranges that just could be the car.

Wraith
27th February 2007, 04:56 PM
Well sadly i must tell you...and i will buy the uk mag from Borders and post it up.

The new 2008 Ford Focus RS...will be FWD :mad:

They have the option of using the Volvo AWD systems...but said it was too expensive and they need to keep cost down.

It will have the performance....YES...but will it have the handling ????

Oh...and its getting a LSD like the mazda http://www.opelaus.com/forum/images/icons/icon14.gif

Cheers
DUG74

Yeh, I read this too - BUT, the latest reports still suggest otherwise.....

We'll have to wait n see :)

Besides the FWD lesser spec version, with LSD and over 200kw will be great anyways.

I'm with BR though, I seriously want my next car proper (not everyday ride) to be an AWD machine.

Tfer
27th February 2007, 09:59 PM
Yeh, I read this too - BUT, the latest reports still suggest otherwise.....

We'll have to wait n see :)

Besides the FWD lesser spec version, with LSD and over 200kw will be great anyways.

I'm with BR though, I seriously want my next car proper (not everyday ride) to be an AWD machine.

Yeah Wraith with you and Blueraven on the AWD bizzo..... hello Audi :D

dug74
28th February 2007, 01:00 AM
One of theses maybe.....seen one on the way home on the hwy....

http://www.autoclub.com.au/uploaded_images/audi-s6-2006-719817.jpg

Cheers
DUG74

Wraith
28th February 2007, 09:28 AM
The Audi's are AWESOME........especially now that both Audi and VW have their hands on Lamborghini technology :)

But the price on most of their top shelf cars..........:(

The new A3 will be awesome, the current new RS4 is a revelation, but for the asking price, I'd rather get a VE HSV GTS spend 40k on it and still have over 40k change ;)

I like the new up coming Audi R8 as well, but again the price tag....

Seriously if I was gonna spend that kind of money, I'd rather buy next years new R35 GTR, which will probably be priced similar to the RS4, it will be the new dominator for years to come.......

JohnBu
28th February 2007, 11:30 AM
Lets hope we can get the 3 door XR5 in OZ... for a RS version, its just going to be too $$$$... with AWD, its going to be at least VW R32 money, which is alot of money for a Ford.

i dunno about you guys, but i dont find 5 door hot hatches too appealing... just something about them doesnt sit right with me..

dont forget the new Renault Sport Clio 197 coming..

i would prefer RWD over AWD for a hatch.. AWD just makes it to damn heavy, reducing the nimbleness of the car, which is why FWD is popular for hatches in the first place..

the only real AWD hatch is the 130i, which would be more appealing to me, if it looked like more like a VXR and less like.. well.. a 1 series.

geeez so many nice little cars coming up, pity so little money!

i'm sorta holding back on a new car to see whats available, as theres a crap load of option... just hope there's no ridiculous lead time like the VW GTi and XR5.

Wraith
28th February 2007, 12:00 PM
Lets hope we can get the 3 door XR5 in OZ... for a RS version, its just going to be too $$$$... with AWD, its going to be at least VW R32 money, which is alot of money for a Ford.

i dunno about you guys, but i dont find 5 door hot hatches too appealing... just something about them doesnt sit right with me..

dont forget the new Renault Sport Clio 197 coming..

i would prefer RWD over AWD for a hatch.. AWD just makes it to damn heavy, reducing the nimbleness of the car, which is why FWD is popular for hatches in the first place..

the only real AWD hatch is the 130i, which would be more appealing to me, if it looked like more like a VXR and less like.. well.. a 1 series.

geeez so many nice little cars coming up, pity so little money!

i'm sorta holding back on a new car to see whats available, as theres a crap load of option... just hope there's no ridiculous lead time like the VW GTi and XR5.

Agree with all of the above - however would still prefer AWD in a hot hatch and then go bonckers with power hiking with no worries on grip and yes the 3 door Focus is a very hot looking machine, pity we don't get it here, easily tunable without touching the engine itself to around 240kw, the Focus is tempting...

You never know the new rex might for the first time in it's history actually be an attractive car :rolleyes:

Like you said, best to hold on n wait, in another 1 to 2 years from now, we'll see some real explosive cars being released......

Tfer
28th February 2007, 01:38 PM
One of theses maybe.....seen one on the way home on the hwy....

Cheers
DUG74

I think that could be an S6.... love the lights... bit different ;)

Nah... I think I would love the RS4 seeing as the RS6 is not coming out soon it appears.... even for the money, and I would get an Advante :D