PDA

View Full Version : It was bound to happen eventually.....

oneightoo
22nd February 2007, 09:34 AM
I had my first car accident in 8 years of driving last night…..

Firstly tho, it wast my fault..

This is what happened…..

I was driving along Epping Road at about a quarter to midnight on my way to Macca's for a quarter pounder. There was a little silver Echo in the lane right next to me. Now we were alongside each other for a good 30 seconds with the nose of the Echo roughly just behind my front wheel on the drivers side.. All was good until I saw an indicator come on indicating the Echo wanted to merge to my lane, and about half a micro second after the indicator went flash, the Echo decided to make it's way over, and wanted to go through my car resulting in a nice little bump. And so I pulled over and the Gecho pulled up behind me and we inspected the damage.

Damage Report:

Echo: BIG dent above the wheel on front quarter and door, big dents along the door with big scracthes
Calibra: tiny little dent which is hardly noticeable, tiny paint scracthes

The driver was a 20 year Paris Hilton wannabe P Plater, and her friend was just as ditzy. She tried to give me the "oh this is my first accident, im so so so sorry" lines, but I didn’t care. I just told her to relax, it's ok, it's just a car, and I'll have a good look at it in the morning and let you know if I want to get it fixed. At night you could hardly see it, but during the day, you can see the paint scracthes, and well, I want it fixed.

She admitted straight away it was her fault, dam straight it was, she just drove straight into my lane without even looking.

Silly P plater.

MK
22nd February 2007, 09:41 AM
sorry to hear that...

Dee
22nd February 2007, 09:51 AM
it was the email's fault...

how dare she!!!! in the echo... glad to hear you are ok and the cali is a tank at heart ;)

maloo97
22nd February 2007, 09:55 AM
Matt sorry to hear. Bit of bad luck.
Haha Echo but glad to here the cali is ok.

Bloody p platers.

btm
22nd February 2007, 10:01 AM
Bloody p platers.
i bet it feels good to be able to say that now... but only just!! :D

unlucky matt... but look on the bright side... you now have an 18 year olds mobile number and she owes you ;) :rolleyes:

:p

oneightoo
22nd February 2007, 10:08 AM
hahahaha birnie :p

really shows how tough the cali is, yes, fair enough it was only an echo that hit it, but the only damage was the tiniest of dents and some paint scracthes..

oneightoo
22nd February 2007, 10:10 AM
it was the email's fault...

how dare she!!!! in the echo... glad to hear you are ok and the cali is a tank at heart ;)

hahaha your right, funny how that came to bite me on the bum.. but kinda made my point too :p

Dee
22nd February 2007, 10:12 AM
hahaha your right, funny how that came to bite me on the bum.. but kinda made my point too :p

that women are Superior....

i never said anything about GIRLS.... :p

PaulyJ
22nd February 2007, 10:23 AM
My thoughts are along the same lines as Birnies... very sorry about the car... but dude... YOU SCORED!

Well not yet anyway ;)

maloo97
22nd February 2007, 10:25 AM

unlucky matt... but look on the bright side... you now have an 18 year olds mobile number and she owes you ;) :rolleyes:

Lol just. Go it matty was she fair decient ?

oneightoo
22nd February 2007, 10:43 AM
lol yeah she was hot, and so was her friend, but, no..

Shaun
22nd February 2007, 11:03 AM

BTM i like the sounds of that..... HEHEHE Matt you can always send her number my way if you like.... hehehe

Sorry to hear that matt

J
22nd February 2007, 11:40 AM
Very sorry to hear about this, oneightoo.

I'd say, get the car checked out anyway, just to make sure there is no internal damage that you can't see. Mine got backed into the other day. What looked like a simple bonnet and bumper replacement is turning out to be $3,500 worth of damage...! :|

Regards,
Jeff

Ishley
22nd February 2007, 12:27 PM

BAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!! :D

Unlucky. Like the saying goes "No door shuts without another opening". I am not comparing her anatomy to an open door :o

SIMid
22nd February 2007, 12:34 PM
NOT THE CALI!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :eek:

miss beckie
22nd February 2007, 12:51 PM
hmm... maybe she thought her car was invincible...

sorry to hear about the cali! But at least it's only minimal damage....

Tfer
22nd February 2007, 12:53 PM
Sorry to hear about that Matt..... had a similar one last year, but it was a Ford Trashius with a couple of Asian tourists trying to steer the whale :rolleyes:

Hope all turns out for the best :angel:

Wraith
22nd February 2007, 05:07 PM
Yeh, sorry to hear about that too.

Main thing is no one was seriously hurt and your Cali is in good shape too :)

xplosv57
22nd February 2007, 07:04 PM
LOL watch the show 'Brian' the main guy smashed into the chich in front of him, ended up sleeping with her but she turns out to be a psycho and she kicks him out his apartment, so yeah dont go there Matt!!!

Sorry to hear about the smash, u can always get a good panel from ya other Cali and spray it...

JasonGilholme
22nd February 2007, 07:16 PM
maybe you'll have to rear end her to get even ;)

Sorry guys, i had to say it lol

Good to hear the cars in top shape.

miss beckie
22nd February 2007, 08:57 PM
maybe you'll have to rear end her to get even ;)

Sorry guys, i had to say it lol

Good to hear the cars in top shape.

trust someone to say that....
*sigh * :p

Shaun
22nd February 2007, 09:45 PM
LOL watch the show 'Brian' the main guy smashed into the chich in front of him, ended up sleeping with her but she turns out to be a psycho and she kicks him out his apartment, so yeah dont go there Matt!!!

Sorry to hear about the smash, u can always get a good panel from ya other Cali and spray it...

Gold... I watched that show too. Not a bad show from what i seen.

SRi_1
22nd February 2007, 10:30 PM
when u mentioned Paris Hilton.....it just told the whole story really....

ps. sorry to hear about the car.....hope everything be fine....

CJB
23rd February 2007, 12:38 PM

Only you would say that Birnie :p

Sorry to hear Matchu-licious.

Goes to show that Cali's are built tough. :)

Janelle
23rd February 2007, 01:08 PM
when u mentioned Paris Hilton.....it just told the whole story really....

ps. sorry to hear about the car.....hope everything be fine....
lol.... yes, that goes ditto for me.... one mention of Paris Hilton, and you just know that it's going to go 'blonde' hehehehe

Sorry about the car Matt. I know it is your pride and joy. good to hear that it's so tough.... definately a boy's car unlike the Gh-Ecko!!!

btm
23rd February 2007, 01:14 PM
Only you would say that Birnie :p
but i'm sure matt was already thinking it :D

MatsHolden
23rd February 2007, 03:21 PM
Bugger mate. I've lost count the amount of times that has nearly happend to me. They think just because the indicator is on it's all good... who cares about mirrors. Been SO close at times, just luckily i've had room to move. Just thank god it was an Echo and not a semi trailer... friend of mine copped the semi wheel right in the drivers door and it shredded the metal skin like a a can opener.

JR
23rd February 2007, 03:47 PM
yeah....i've also had close encounters with "paris hiltons in echos"!!!

i reckon if it weren't for my quick reaction + sway n strut bars, i would've been mangled up amongst the guard-rail on the side of the road. this was while doing 120km/h!!

just cause the indicator is on, does not mean u have right of way!!

anywayz....glad the car is ok, n more importantly u.

....so, did she really look hot, or was that darkness of the night playing with ur eyes?

oneightoo
23rd February 2007, 04:28 PM
lol , she was hot, but her complete lack of intelligence made her really fugly..

Tfer
23rd February 2007, 04:31 PM
Matt..... what's the updates? ;)

Tfer
23rd February 2007, 04:32 PM
That would be so..... but the car? ;)

oneightoo
23rd February 2007, 04:34 PM
well im gonna give it a good buff tomorrow.. if it doesnt look satisfactory, she'll be fixing it.. if it's alright, im not gonna bother losing my car for a week over a tiny clear coat scracth..

Tfer
23rd February 2007, 04:35 PM
well im gonna give it a good buff tomorrow.. if it doesnt look satisfactory, she'll be fixing it.. if it's alright, im not gonna bother losing my car for a week over a tiny clear coat scracth..

Ah cool.... sounds like a good plan... hope it all works out :)

CJB
23rd February 2007, 06:04 PM
but i'm sure matt was already thinking it :D
hahaha... he was just thinking about the delay in getting that midnight burger.

jerrypufflewell
24th February 2007, 10:35 AM
... Just thank god it was an Echo and not a semi trailer... friend of mine copped the semi wheel right in the drivers door and it shredded the metal skin like a a can opener.

Yeah our last family car had a semi run right over the LH of the engine bay, wasn't pretty- what's worse is the insurance company wanted to repair it, but only the cosmetic damage not mechanical :eek:

Still, no one was hurt- a good common theme in these 2 or so events ;)

Glad you're well Matt