PDA

View Full Version : Finally Taken the OPEL Plunge

av8or
27th May 2004, 12:39 AM
Well I have finally done it!!

Ordered the Opel Grill, Rear Badging, Alloy Wheel Covers & the Airbag Badge. All from Alec in Ireland.... What a champ :)

I have even organised to have new Opel Symbol's made up for my Sheep Skin seat covers to get rid of the Holden ones. All that is left to do know is get the engine cover.... :lol:

Also the Whiteline Rear Sway bar gets fitted (finally) this Saturday, so I will keep you all posted. The shop were i am getting it reckon it makes a Massive !!! difference.

So another (or maybe one of the first) SRi Astra's hooning (well peak-houring mostly) around Perth !!!

Andy

RK
27th May 2004, 12:50 AM
umm.. how much?
i just ordered a grille from ozeparts. got the word opel badge from tcca here.
now i need the front and rear opel logo badges.

called lmf in the UK. they are gonna get me a price by tomorrow i hope.

BoostedAstra
27th May 2004, 08:03 AM
Whats the deal with getting the wheel emblems? I really should read prev posts but i am at work and really dont have the time..... so if someone can help me out it would be sweet .... (sorry for being sooo lazy any nice ppl out there?)

BA

dazza015
27th May 2004, 08:41 AM
When we did the group buy from Ireland a couple of the guys bought the wheel caps for the corsa, I just emailed him a photo of the back of the holden cap and he figured out the opel equivilent using the bunch of part numbers printed on the back. You have to buy the whole cap though in most cases as they dont have a part number for the badge only.

Click below for contact details

Ireland Details (http://opelaus.com/phpBB2-3/viewtopic.php?t=634)

av8or
27th May 2004, 09:55 AM
Yep, i just pulled off my Cap, gave him the part numbers and for around 15 euro's each they were mine :-)

Just so people have the upto date priceing.

Astra TS
Grille & Badge = 40.30 Euro
OPC Grille = 84.67 Euro
SRi 5 spoke Wheel Caps = 16.28 Euro Each so 65.12 Euro for the Set of 4
Air Bag Opel Badge = 30.9 Euro

Shipping for all of the above was about 11 Euro. BTW all the above prices included VAT.

Hope this helps guys...

BTW How do you remove the badge of the Steering Wheel. Alec said he sent one to another member who fitted it successfully. Any Hints?

Thanks Guys

Andy

XXX-1.8T
27th May 2004, 12:08 PM
Andy how much was the Whiteline RSB?

BTW prices shouldnt include VAT cos they are being bought from u an Ozzie

Airbag Opel Badge is a nice touch :)

Post some pics of ur beast 8)

XXX-1.8T
27th May 2004, 12:31 PM
I may get these for my mate

http://cgi.ebay.de/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=65273&item=7903042930&rd=1

cheaper than 64 euros :wink:

av8or
27th May 2004, 12:46 PM
XXX-1.8T, they are hub caps ;-).

The prices above are for the Alloy Wheel Centre Hubs.

The rear sway bar for the Astra is adjustable and is costing about $250 Fitted from a mate of mine.

There was some discussion about vat.. But i believe that we may be able to claim the VAT back in Oz.

Andy

XXX-1.8T
27th May 2004, 01:33 PM
ahhhh i got mixed up thought u took off the opel badge off the hubacps and put them on ur alloys - my mistake

Just out of interest is the airbag opel emblem the same one that fits on the bootlid?

cheers
Costa....

Vampire
27th May 2004, 05:10 PM
Good stuff andy, I just ordered mine from Alec a few weeks back

frankie9fingers
27th May 2004, 06:25 PM
I think the Airbag badge is riverted on. to replace the actual badge is abit difficult as you have to set it off to get to the rear. I've only taken off the the airbag unit b4 and it's all sealed from behind. I'm not brave enough to venture any further than that, Unless i prang it and have insurance replace it (knock on wood) :bang: <-- looks close enough. then i'll tell everyone how it can be done.

XXX-1.8T The boot emblem is bigger than the one on the airbag.

RK
27th May 2004, 10:13 PM
that place is pretty cheap, av8tor. front and rear badge for a vectra only comes to $54 AU shipped to Sydney. Pity about the 2 week shipping time, if i cant find any other place, then i'll probably jsut go with this guy.

InsaneAsylum
27th May 2004, 10:17 PM
yeah that's what i've heard too... the steering wheel emblem is not as easy as 1...2...3...KABOOM

frankie9fingers
27th May 2004, 10:28 PM
try contacting emtech in SA for badges. i cant remember the web address tho.

RK
27th May 2004, 10:31 PM
contacted them yesterday.
$75 each badges, plus $7 for posting to Sydney.
$157 total.

only good thing with them is that they have them in stock and can send it off the next day.

frankie9fingers
27th May 2004, 10:42 PM
BIG rip off tho!! I'ld wait the extra 2 weeks.

Anonymous
27th May 2004, 10:46 PM
either that or marry a a european chick, and get her cousins/family to send them down for free... :D

RK
27th May 2004, 11:01 PM
hahahaha.

im probably gonna wait the 2 weeks. but that means my car wont be opelised for the meet :(

jon20hz
28th May 2004, 09:32 AM
does the opc grille fit all TS astras?

Jass
28th May 2004, 10:27 AM
As far as iam aware yes