PDA

View Full Version : OPC Corsa

MatsHolden
20th February 2007, 10:49 AM
Just some vision of the OPC Corsa testing... Great little package.
http://media.drive.com.au/?rid=24548

Shaun
20th February 2007, 11:05 AM
an article in Fast Fours about the Corsa VXR. Not on HSV radar . Also a review on Page 160 of the latest Fast Fours about the HSV VXR. Its the 1st review i have seen published of a HSV VXR. Come on wheels and Motor. the car has been here now for 6 months. pull your socks up guys.

PaulyJ
20th February 2007, 11:27 AM
I dont think they can hear you Shaun...

I'd give up my left testie for a OPC Corsa!

Shaun
20th February 2007, 11:29 AM
I dont think they can hear you Shaun...

I'd give up my left testie for a OPC Corsa!

I think your right pauly.... Just annoying that they havent done a test yet.

Mainframe_Module
20th February 2007, 12:33 PM
squeeeee

id hold off on the astra coupe/tigra and go for the corsa if i could, im hoping by the time i get around to getting my next car the corsa will be here.
cause ive decided to wait a few months now as the other astra i was looking at didnt work out, or rather i decided to wait a bit longer and buy new again :D

if theres a corsa out and its in the right price range id jump on it, definately.
the 3 door one, looks like a mini astra coupe :D

ive been drooling over them and jealous of uk people

Dee
20th February 2007, 12:42 PM
too bad we probably wont see the corsa d now :(

who's idea was it to buy daewoos...

they can keep the daewoo barina for the cheap people who dont know any better, get rid of the viva... and bring the corsa over and call it a corsa..... that'd be a good idea.. fu(kers!

Mainframe_Module
20th February 2007, 12:46 PM
corsa d?

hmm......the barina is unsafe too, i cant believe they are ****ing with peoples lives and safety to save a buck, gah.

EL BURITO
20th February 2007, 01:36 PM
I want one.

:pray::pray::pray::pray::pray::pray::pray::pray::p ray::pray:

MatsHolden
20th February 2007, 03:02 PM
corsa d?

Yes, Corsa D. That's the new Corsa. The previous Corsa was the Corsa C.

EL BURITO
20th February 2007, 03:14 PM
http://www.risicar.ch/images/occ_Opel%20Corsa.jpg
Corsa A aka- Vaux Nova
http://www.ibherdesign.com/eb/corsa-b/corsa-b-side-view.jpg
Corsa B
http://www.caradisiac.com/media/images/le_mag/mag278/opel-corsa-4-2big.jpg
corsa C
http://evenements.caradisiac.com/salon-paris/IMG/jpg/opel-corsa-2.jpg
corsa D

Tfer
20th February 2007, 04:29 PM
Nice proportions.... :D

CJB
20th February 2007, 04:39 PM
I want one.

I'd trade my Astra for one.

JasonGilholme
20th February 2007, 04:44 PM
i'd get one too.

The safety of that daewoo kalos/holden barina is appauling. i dunno what they were thinking/smokin but they definately got it wrong.

And i agree with dee. Get rid of the viva and bring in the corsa. viva = rubbish as well.

PaulyJ
20th February 2007, 05:06 PM
Could've put mine in the Corsa B area....

Dee
20th February 2007, 05:07 PM
Could've put mine in the Corsa B area....

and mine in the c... if we are gonna be like that :D

Tfer
20th February 2007, 05:11 PM
And you could have put mine in the....... ooh, hang on..... its a Veccy :o

MK
20th February 2007, 05:25 PM
yes, definiately Corsa OPC (HSV) version would suit my performance needs... Holden\HSV might surprise us and reveal that they will release HSV Corsa...

as for Holden and their new barina, viva and epica korean sourced machine, well, its all about business and making money.

the new barina sells great, people can read and they know about the safety rating...yet they still buy it because that's what they can afford.

same with viva and soon to be released epica...affordable, value for money, what the average budget seeking Aussie families consider now.

so C'MON! HSV and give us a hot hatch!

MatsHolden
20th February 2007, 05:37 PM
Unfortunately, the way things are it would mean the Corsa VXR would most likely be priced above the Astra VXR, so not viable. And Holden wouldn't allow for there performance to have there 'own' vehicle. Afterall it is Holden Special Vehicles, so there has to be a Holden base vehicle to start with.

Red AH SRI T
20th February 2007, 09:37 PM
corsa d?

hmm......the barina is unsafe too, i cant believe they are ****ing with peoples lives and safety to save a buck, gah.

I Don't believe the Crash Test hoopla.

its one test, of one car, in a hardly realistic situation.

The barina is sold in over 100 countries across the world and passes all of those countries safety regulations.

Do you really thing GM would release a death trap on the roads in this day and age?

Yes, cars these days are purposely being designed to get a 5 star rating, but that hardly means they will perform well in a real life situation.

Not that many people crash head on to a concrete wall.

*BACK ON TOPIC*

I love the Corsa VXR, I'd have one in a heartbeat!

CJB
20th February 2007, 10:12 PM
I drive badly, I could find a brick wall :p

Shaun
20th February 2007, 10:22 PM
Unfortunately, the way things are it would mean the Corsa VXR would most likely be priced above the Astra VXR, so not viable. And Holden wouldn't allow for there performance to have there 'own' vehicle. Afterall it is Holden Special Vehicles, so there has to be a Holden base vehicle to start with.

Doubt Holden would do that.. If HSV want to bring it they will. HSV is a stand along business with its own Business plans. Yes they companys are closer when sharing model information on the VE then before. But If HSV wish to bring it its only a matter of time. But as stated HSV PR Manager Simon Frost has commented on it in this months Fast Fours "Its not On HSV Radar " they have there hands full with the HSV VXR Astra. Although matt i cost factory is something your may be right about. Its a shame though that HSV arent bringing it in. I know if i was given the choice of a Polo GTi or Corsa VXR i and they were priced in the same range i would go for the Corsa VXR.

Vauxhall btw are taking the Clubsport R8 and it will be called the VXR8. Orders books open at dealerships in March some time. Another Notch in the Holden / HSV world market Belt.

aussie_in_london
20th February 2007, 10:24 PM
i have ordered a corsa VXR for the wife in metalic black, 18" machine finished alloys and climate control.

p.s. Off to VXL HQ tomorrow afternoon to check em out in the 4 colours (pre production models)

Shaun
20th February 2007, 10:35 PM
i have ordered a corsa VXR for the wife in metalic black, 18" machine finished alloys and climate control.

p.s. Off to VXL HQ tomorrow afternoon to check em out in the 4 colours (pre production models)

Shane.... When i come back to the UK i will have to arrange to go have alook at Vauxhall HQ through Stu Harris.
We want pics if you can take them that is .

aussie_in_london
20th February 2007, 10:39 PM
pics, now i will have to ask as they havent been released or tested by any mags etc yet, official release is the 4th March at the Geneva motorshow

Shaun
20th February 2007, 10:45 PM
pics, now i will have to ask as they havent been released or tested by any mags etc yet, official release is the 4th March at the Geneva motorshow

If you cant thats cool..

MatsHolden
20th February 2007, 11:41 PM
Doubt Holden would do that.. If HSV want to bring it they will. HSV is a stand along business with its own Business plans. Yes they companys are closer when sharing model information on the VE then before. But If HSV wish to bring it its only a matter of time. But as stated HSV PR Manager Simon Frost has commented on it in this months Fast Fours "Its not On HSV Radar " they have there hands full with the HSV VXR Astra. Although matt i cost factory is something your may be right about. Its a shame though that HSV arent bringing it in. I know if i was given the choice of a Polo GTi or Corsa VXR i and they were priced in the same range i would go for the Corsa VXR.

Vauxhall btw are taking the Clubsport R8 and it will be called the VXR8. Orders books open at dealerships in March some time. Another Notch in the Holden / HSV world market Belt.

As you would know HSV is a joint business venture between Walkinshaw and Holden, Premoso Pty Ltd being the joint company. As this is the case, you would find that there'd be legally binding agreements in place that would prevent such a thing take place; unless of course Holden agreed to it which I couldn't see them doing. And there's also the fact that HSV has the license as official performance car manufacturer of GMH vehicles. If they were completely independent of Holden then sure they could bring it what they liked, but I doubt they'd have the tag of HOLDEN Special Vehicles. And yeh it's good to see the Holden/HSV products continue to flourish! :D

Mainframe_Module
20th February 2007, 11:44 PM
well if it was priced right and it was available here id prolly go for one, though it would be turbocharged and i cant get one until i get off p's in december, which would give me more time to afford it ;)