PDA

View Full Version : Bit the bullet...

daastra
20th February 2007, 10:38 AM
Hey guys,

I got rid of Lil L!!! I know some of you are thinking WTF but he just wasn't nice, nor are Holden. Holden are the worst to deal with, customer service and build/design quality.

I am very disappointed but this car was going to send me broke... & he was only 5 years old. Holden tried to pack all this fantastic European technology into a cheap entry range vehicle and guess what... it hasn't lasted cos everything is cheaply designed or of poor quality and need f'n replacing (it was going to cost like $3.5k in parts - so not worth it).

As per my post... http://www.motorsm.com/complaints, search Holden Astra TS01... alll posting by M.Lauder - have a look and you can most liekly understand why.

I give all my sympathy to anyone else that has experienced all the problems I have had or perhaps even more. And good luck to those of you who own a normal running Astra - long live the normal running part.

I never thrashed my car, treated it like gold, it was my baby. Serviced every 10,000kms as opposed to the 15,000kms listed in the manual. He was just as immaculate to the day I bought him, except for only 1 door dent that was not my fault (thanks John).

If the person who bought my Astra is on this site, Cranbourne Holden have sucked you in baby and you've bought a lemon. You shoulda got a mechanic to fully check the vehicle before you bought it. Or for a major surprise Holden may have fixed all the issues - LMAO, yeah right!

So now I no longer have a Astra am I still welcome to tag along cruises if I am ever bored???

MatsHolden
20th February 2007, 10:48 AM
Can't really blame Holden for build/design quality on the Astra... Build quality of the TS Astra (for it's time) was up with the best in the class... You really must've had one of those one off lemons that all manufacturers have from time to time. Bad luck. Good luck with whatever you purchase next.

btm
20th February 2007, 10:55 AM
Damn... Sorry to hear man, had my SRi for over 3.5 years now and have not had one issue yet (fingers crossed!)

JasonGilholme
20th February 2007, 10:56 AM
So what went wrong with ya car?

Shaun
20th February 2007, 10:58 AM
What issues did you have with the car? please elaborate?

PaulyJ
20th February 2007, 11:46 AM
Mate, I feel sorry for you. Unfortunately you had a lemon there, and that does happen from time to time.
Good luck with whatever you purchase next.

In regards to cruises, of course you can come. Keep an eye out on the Vic Forums (http://vic.opelaus.com) for upcoming events.

RudeOne
20th February 2007, 12:48 PM
there are tones of complaints re. astras - probably relative to the number of sales tho.

JasonGilholme
20th February 2007, 01:17 PM
yeah you really need to make sure you look at the figures as a percentage. Gives a much clearer picture thats for sure.

Tfer
20th February 2007, 05:37 PM
Yeah it happens.... feel for you. :(

My last ride prior to the Veccy C, which was a Veccy B went in 35 times for warranty work..... but hey, thought lightning couldn't strike twice, and did not hesitate to replace it with the Veccy C..... all good *touches wood* :D

daastra
22nd February 2007, 04:18 PM
I ended up getting a Mazda. I wanted an Audi A3 or a Mazda SP20 back when I bought the Astra but couldn't really afford it so I went with the Astra. The Astra being a European car kinda made me stay away form the whole Euro thing from now so I went with a SP20.

I'd replace a faulty hub and the panel damage that went with it, the alternator (worst set up!!!), I also replace the right hub, door locking mechanism, the power steering pump was finished and the rack wasn't far behind it (hence the trade-in), clutch was pretty much gone (but I'll give that one to wear and tear) and I never solved the oil light problem. I got over it and gave up. Which really says something cos for those of you who know me... Lil L was my baby! Anyone would have thought he was a Bentleigh or something by the way I treated him.

Now I have a yellow car I don't give a s*!t about - it's great, I can park under trees and not worry about the black metallic paint - woo hoo!!!!

Lil L, hmmm the L could have stood for lemon... perhaps I jinxd him from day 1. The SP20 is Mr T.... should I be scared? Anyway I have some mats and brake pads if anyone is interested for a TS Astra - message me if you want details - I posted them on another board somewhere else for sale but can't find them... ?

beep beep sri
23rd February 2007, 05:56 AM
i no longer have an opel i never had problems with it but i could see some thing's starting to go down hill on it. id expect you to be VERY happy with the sp20 great car and my girlfriend would kill to have one. also agree 'Aint it great i can park anywhere and not worry' thats why i got a BA.

luvpsi
23rd February 2007, 08:02 AM
I also agree that HOLDEN dealerships are the worst of the worst in regards to sales, warranty repairs and customer service.:mad: had my carbon fibre stickers replaced on my sri-t the other day and gotta say it looks like it was applied by a 7 year old, with bubbles and creases all over the place. Also had a headlight replaced under warranty because the outside covers went smoky white in colour. When I got home i lifted the bonnet and what do I see... the rubber lining on top of the headlight was missing:mad: so go back to HOLDEN again and waste more time waiting 4 the incompetent idiots to put the rubber lining back on. To top it off, on the way to city last night i turned my headlights on and guess what? the headlight bulbs dont work only in the headlight that just got replaced by HOLDEN:mad: great f****n job :clap:

Vectracious
23rd February 2007, 08:34 AM
thats why i got a BA.

Good luck with that project ;)

Ishley
23rd February 2007, 06:05 PM
I also agree that HOLDEN dealerships are the worst of the worst in regards to sales, warranty repairs and customer service.:mad: had my carbon fibre stickers replaced on my sri-t the other day and gotta say it looks like it was applied by a 7 year old, with bubbles and creases all over the place. Also had a headlight replaced under warranty because the outside covers went smoky white in colour. When I got home i lifted the bonnet and what do I see... the rubber lining on top of the headlight was missing:mad: so go back to HOLDEN again and waste more time waiting 4 the incompetent idiots to put the rubber lining back on. To top it off, on the way to city last night i turned my headlights on and guess what? the headlight bulbs dont work only in the headlight that just got replaced by HOLDEN:mad: great f****n job :clap:
I see your Holden warrenty repairs and customer service. And raise you dodgy Toyota warrenty and customer service. :mad:

Tfer
23rd February 2007, 08:45 PM
I see your Holden warrenty repairs and customer service. And raise you dodgy Toyota warrenty and customer service. :mad:

I have heard similar complaints about:

Ford
Audi
BMW
Mercedes
Chrysler
Subaru
Nissan
Mazda
Lexus
Renault
Peugeot
AlfaAnd the list goes on................... fact of life :(

bill142
24th February 2007, 01:00 AM
The unfortunate reality is that the big manufacturers are collectively hemorrhaging red ink like it's going out of fashion. They are going to try and stiff you on your purchase price and then screw you around with warranty. The warranty isn't worth the paper it's written on. The dealer doesn't want to honor it because they're afraid the manufacturer won't reimburse them for it and the manufacturer doesn't want to fork over the cash.

Unless we all resort to public transport the consumer is going to continue to get screwed.