PDA

View Full Version : Anybody with aftermarket front speakers help me plz

DoomTrooper
26th May 2004, 08:26 PM
i'm tryin to install 6" speakers in the doors but i've discovered that the joiny thing that in most cars runs the wires into the car, in the case of the astra is a weird plug, so if anybody who has speakers installed can you plz tell me how you or the installer(can you open your door and have a look) ran the speaker wires into the door?

also my speakers make a buzzing noise when the volume is on 0 and the buzzing is louder when the car is on, i ran the rca for my 6" speakers down the right hand side whilst the RCA for my sub and the power and remote wire run down the left, any help appreciated

Degen-Astra
26th May 2004, 08:31 PM
Buzzing sound - maybe a grounding point not clean or properly connected.

ultim8DTM5
26th May 2004, 08:41 PM
From memory you cannot feed it straight through, you have to go into the large black conduit that has several wires inside (power windows etc) slice open the conduit, feed in the wire from each end and solder it together.

I'm pretty sure this is what I saw being done on an Astra Turbo last week at my installer's.

DoomTrooper
26th May 2004, 11:08 PM
:bang:
yeah but when you pull apart the conduit it is completely blocked by a plug now the only way i can see to get around this is to make holes in the conduit and pass the wire outside the conduit and then back in on the other side of the plug, this would work as the conduit is just rubber but i need to know a way of making the hole i made water tight as i don't want my car to fill with water when it rains, i know installers use this jelly stuff that hardens does anyone know what that is?? the other option is to drill a hole in the plug in a part that is not used, the plug has about 50 billion connectors in it so thats not to easy if you ask me

but any help is greatly appreciated and if anyone out there has it done and feels like un clipping it to have a look inside it would be great, but be warned it "can" be a hassle to get back together but i'm sure some ppl out there are confident enough to do it.

As for the buzzing i'm gonna check my grounding points and make sure there clean etc and see if that helps otherwise i might look up about a grounding induction loop or sumthing like that name that is sposed to help
anyway anyhelp is much appreciated, thanx guys

DoomTrooper
27th May 2004, 08:13 AM
sorry it isn't hard to put back together as long as you just pull out the red clip then untwist the big black join and stop there, if you then uncip it more it can be annoying but just untwisting it should show enough to see how it was done

EAK33Y
27th May 2004, 10:56 PM
Im getting all mine done by mates so i dont care how they do it lol