PDA

View Full Version : Seton Joins HRT

MatsHolden
16th February 2007, 11:55 AM
Ford man Glenn Seton has joined the Holden Racing Team for the Sandown and Bathurst enduros for season 2007. Would never have thought i'd see him in a Commodore. Always been a fan of Seton even though he drove for Ford, and now he's driving for Holden, fantastic!:D

Tfer
16th February 2007, 12:22 PM
Great driver yes..... whinger yes..... unluckiest guy ever not to win Bathurst...... ummm.... big risk for HRT :rolleyes:

Blue_Dvl
16th February 2007, 07:16 PM
surely one of the most experience v8 racers still on the track. I never thought i would see the day of him switch to holden, is he still driving ford for the championship series or is it a fulltime switch???

I guess whatever it takes to advance your career and hopefully he can pull off a bathurst win with a team thats basically unlimited on resources

Shaun
16th February 2007, 08:00 PM
Could be the year for Seton. I remember footage of 1987 @ Bathurst where it started to rain at the top of the mountain and he was on slicks. slipping and sliding but the car contol was unreal. It would be great to see Glenn Seton win Bathurst. No matter weather he is driving for the lion or the blue oval.

Tigra
16th February 2007, 08:03 PM
Looks to me that Seaton is doing everything he can to win a Bathurst race. His been so so close so many times, and had so many podium finishes. For his sake, I hope its a good move for him.

My eye is on team DJR this year, being in Jim Beam colours!!

Shaun
16th February 2007, 08:06 PM
As much as it hurts me to say this being a Holden person i have feeling Lowndes may go the distance in 07. Vodafone sponsorship deal has a rather large funding behind it . Meaning that development for the 888 team is going to be eaiser then last year.

Although i would love to see Greg Murphy get up there this year .

Tigra
16th February 2007, 08:11 PM
Murph needs something to live for, thats for sure. He did not do very well last year and he has the goods. Your right about Lowndes, he will be on a mission this year considering he was ROBBED last year of the Championship title.

MatsHolden
16th February 2007, 10:27 PM
surely one of the most experience v8 racers still on the track. I never thought i would see the day of him switch to holden, is he still driving ford for the championship series or is it a fulltime switch???

I guess whatever it takes to advance your career and hopefully he can pull off a bathurst win with a team thats basically unlimited on resources

Lol, no he's signed with HRT for the season.

MatsHolden
16th February 2007, 10:28 PM
Could be the year for Seton. I remember footage of 1987 @ Bathurst where it started to rain at the top of the mountain and he was on slicks. slipping and sliding but the car contol was unreal. It would be great to see Glenn Seton win Bathurst. No matter weather he is driving for the lion or the blue oval.

How good was that car control... one of my favourite pieces of Bathurst footage.

cyclonic
16th February 2007, 10:29 PM
He's still fast. So good on him! This will be his best and maybe last crack at it too...

MatsHolden
16th February 2007, 10:31 PM
Looks to me that Seaton is doing everything he can to win a Bathurst race. His been so so close so many times, and had so many podium finishes. For his sake, I hope its a good move for him.

My eye is on team DJR this year, being in Jim Beam colours!!

Well Skaife has been trying to get him accross to HRT for a couple of years since he was left without a permanent drive, so it's not so much Seaton trying everything to win a Bathurst, because you can't just walk into a team like HRT without being wanted... And give DJR a few years to get back up to speed.

xplosv57
17th February 2007, 08:51 AM
Yeah now that Seton is in a Holden, may actually give him a chance of winning something :P