PDA

View Full Version : What happens when you cross an the Best of Australia with the worst of the U.S.A?

Poogene2001
12th February 2007, 08:57 PM
It hurts to look....

But here we go:

http://www.g8power.com/forums/showthread.php?t=31

MatsHolden
12th February 2007, 09:05 PM
http://www.opelaus.com/forum/showthread.php?p=200999&highlight=Pontiac#post200999

It's only the front bumper styling that's a bit ordinary. But it has to be to be Pontiac. The pontiac family grille doesn't lend itself to blending with an existing form. I like the rear with the SS-V black bezelled tail lamps and the lip spoiler. Very nice.

Shaun
12th February 2007, 09:21 PM
I think it looks nice. Holden Design are building a reputation of designing cars for the world.

Greggy
12th February 2007, 09:33 PM
very similar to the BMW 5 series - Looks cool though - quite like that :)

Tfer
12th February 2007, 09:58 PM
Oh dear........ :(

Alfonzo
12th February 2007, 10:01 PM
I know it's only a Commodore, but I'm so damn proud that came from Australia.

For the Americans to pour over it so much, no wonder we were allowed to spend $1bn on it. This it the car to save GM.

I love the design. Yup, said it. I love the modular dash that allows such an easy LHD conversion, right down to the centre console that has a handbrake that swaps over like that. I love the lines, and can even put up with the cheesy nostrils they stuck on the bonnet.

Good going, Holden. Keep it up. Now the car is on a global level we might get some proper quality coming into the Commodore lineup. :)

bill142
12th February 2007, 10:31 PM
The Pontiac grill identifies the brand. It's a bit like the BMW kidney grill. That was a design trait Bangle was told he had to keep otherwise he was out of a job. Holden designers were probably told something similar. Keep the Pontiac grill or we don't take the car.

EL BURITO
12th February 2007, 10:33 PM
http://www.blogsmithmedia.com/www.autoblog.com/media/2007/02/chi07_pontiac-g8---12.jpg
so they go to the effort for the US market. they should have left the Lion there

Red AH SRI T
13th February 2007, 07:53 AM
it a lot more cohesive than the Monaro/GTO.

SIMid
13th February 2007, 10:53 PM
The interior door handle looked like it came from the VN parts bin.

Rang out of money/time??

MatsHolden
14th February 2007, 01:17 AM
The interior door handle looked like it came from the VN parts bin.

Rang out of money/time??

Very Opelish really...

miss beckie
14th February 2007, 11:23 AM
i like it.....

Shaun
14th February 2007, 12:26 PM
Its the best thing that could happen to Australia. Its creating an jobs .....

Holden has already started to become the large segment car maker for GM when the sent the monaro o/s. It was a stepping stone . GM has just lifted them to the next level. You dont get 1 Billon dollar budget to build a car for just one maket.

Holden will do all large segment sedans on the Zeta from now on. GM is going through a rough patch and this is how they are going to solve it.
It makes sence to globalise one factory for one platform.

Wraith
14th February 2007, 12:41 PM
http://www.blogsmithmedia.com/www.autoblog.com/media/2007/02/chi07_pontiac-g8---12.jpg
so they go to the effort for the US market. they should have left the Lion there

Our front end is better, but overall I like it...looks very tough !

Don't you wish HSV put in the same effort for the VXR's steering wheel !! Bloody slackers.....

Vectracious
14th February 2007, 02:37 PM
It'll be interesting to see what the "Domestic" v "Imports" armies will make of this - I mean its badged as a domestic, but technically an import.

Also the Import fan's time honoured argument of "Domestic's don't handle" really is false with the G8 - because being the VE - it's going to handle a lot better than most of the stuff they have there (that is of course if the Pontiac people haven't fiddled with the under-body stuff as well).

Shaun
15th February 2007, 01:37 AM
Our front end is better, but overall I like it...looks very tough !

Don't you wish HSV put in the same effort for the VXR's steering wheel !! Bloody slackers.....

HEHEHE Maybe Batch two will have them. I believe they are in Build as we sleep and Leave Europe at the end of the month.