PDA

View Full Version : *Sigh!!!* Women!!...

seldo
11th February 2007, 01:07 AM
My missus has had a Mazda 626 DeLuxe Hatch for years now, but it whilst it's only done 135k in its 15yrs (...it's a '92), it's started to have a series of problems that have disappointed me. In the last 12 months or so there's been a clutch, clutch master cyl, clutch slave cyl, brake master cyl, caliper kits, radiator, etc, and then last week the final straw the alternator went. Rang the sparky and he says "Must have done about 135k has it? _ they all fail about then..." So that did it - Fortunately the Brisvegas Motor Show is on so I took my treasure to the show and we did the rounds and looked at and sat in everything that was in the price-range - up to about $30k. Whilst my original inclination had been to the Astra, I was also partial to a Mazda 3, a Peugeot 207/307, maybe a Renault Clio, Corolla perhaps.... But after working our way through through the place we decided on the Astra CDX Coupe.
So we then looked at colours etc and more or less settled on a choice of 2. So I spent the next couple of days shopping around to get the best deal (big difference from lowest to highest with no trade) and on Weds evening we had a discussion about the car .... "OK, so you're happy with the Astra...." "Yes I think it's ok" "OK, what about colour....?" " I think it's between the Silver or Panacotta...what do think...?" "Yes....I think Silver is the way to go." "OK then...Silver? I'll place the order in the morning.."
The next evening she arrives home and I ask for her licence.... "What for?"
" Because they need your licence no for the rego of the new car..." " What do you mean...???"... " Well, I've ordered the new car for you and they need your licence number..." ...."But you didn't discuss that with me...I don't want one of those...!!!" ..."WHAT...???" ..."We agreed and I've ordered it and paid a substantial deposit!!!! http://www.ls1.com.au/forum/images.ls1/smilies/sm_mad.gif " http://www.ls1.com.au/forum/images.ls1/smilies/sm_bash.gif http://www.ls1.com.au/forum/images.ls1/smilies/sm_bash.gif
"OKAY!...I'll try to cancel it in the morning!" .....http://www.ls1.com.au/forum/images.ls1/smilies/sm_flame.gif
*both sulk all night and into a silent breakfast*
9.30am: * Ring, ring* "Hello...?...Oh...........Hi darling........what now?" ..." I've been thinking about the car and that'll be lovely........You haven't cancelled it yet...????".....http://www.ls1.com.au/forum/images.ls1/smilies/sm_flame.gif http://www.ls1.com.au/forum/images.ls1/smilies/sm_mad.gif ...*SIGHHHH!!!*... "No dear....not yet...." ....."OK......So we've got this quite clear.....The Astra's it....????"
"OK....Too late now...all committed...." ...*Sigh*
Bloody women....I love 'em but, sometimes..........http://www.ls1.com.au/forum/images.ls1/smilies/sm_rolleyes.gif....
So, new Star Silver 5sp Astra CDX Coupe due in about 4 weeks with wheels, and spoiler and etc.....
Women!!!

platypus
11th February 2007, 10:14 AM
hehe, i hate to point it out, but when women say "ok" they really mean something much more obscure :p

like "i'd like something else, but you don't pay enough attention to me... are you cheating on me?"

WHAT?!!

ummm yeah sorry got carried away there :P

Wraith
11th February 2007, 10:16 AM
Gee Wiz, that's quite a situation there Seldo - hope all works out well :)

Sounds like your missus is in fact unsure of what car she really wants and probably settled on the Astra just to get it over and done with......:rolleyes:

A bit like us blokes when we join the missus for grocery or general shopping, we usually tire of it after a short while and it's like "yeh, yeh, just get whatever, lets go" - That's what I always do with my missus :D

I think she'll be happy with the Astra, good choice of colour, they look great in star silver - enjoy the new car, post some pics :)

imay
11th February 2007, 11:52 AM
As you may be aware, I took my "treasure" insisted in coming along for a test drive in the Astra TwinTop recently . . . this is 14 months after she "didn't want anything to do with cars. Go and buy your bloody convertible!" Long story short . . .

I'm talking dollars with the man after the drive and she pipes up "how much is that silver one over there in automatic?"
"What? Where did that come from?"
"Sorry ma'am, the SRi Turbo only comes with a manual transmission."
"I 'spose you could teach me to drive a manual, couldn't you? And I've been thinking it's probably my turn to get a NEW car, and I really like that silver one."
As much as I love my "treasure" there is no way in this lifetime that I will be teaching her how to operate ANYTHING! How do I get out of this one? "Yeah sweetie, but we really need a 4 or 5 door, what with my aged parents and grandkids possibly on the way, to cart around, sweetie!"

Subject closed (well paused) . . . . . for now! Help!

Tfer
11th February 2007, 12:13 PM
Never had this problem..... but perhaps I knew how to get the result from my ex-wife. And anyone who knew us.... would attest to her stubborness and "always right" attitude. :rolleyes:

Case in point.... my ex-wife was a militant vegetarian, who hated anything to do with the killing of animals.

Now we traded in two cars to get a new car... and at the time, has shortlisted Vectra 2.6l CD hatch, Volvo S40, Subaru Liberty, and VW Bora... and decided on the Veccy.

After careful negotiations, which took a lot of time and effort, she agreed to ....... LEATHER! :eek: Yay me! :)

Anyway, there are just some things that cannot be sorted, and divorce went through a while back, the Veccy B went, and a Veccy C CDXi replaced it.... with basically everything. ;)

So it can be done.....

Good luck with the continuing negotiations, listen carefully, ask lots of questions to confirm your understanding of the fairer sex, and always have her present at all dealings.... no confusion then ;)

My 2 cents....

Tfer
11th February 2007, 12:15 PM
But.... I would also like to add.... some of my most decisive clients, are women :D so you never really know :rolleyes:

CNBLU
11th February 2007, 09:49 PM
you should have just made the order and still played there 'women mind games'...:rolleyes:

Noir
12th February 2007, 12:38 AM
well...do I dare comment about the references to women and their mind games? :snooty:

platypus
12th February 2007, 08:04 AM
After careful negotiations, which took a lot of time and effort, she agreed to ....... LEATHER! :eek: Yay me! :) but what about the car? (sorry couldn't help myself)

wow, so is it the marriage bit that brings out the mother in law then? i didn't realise that some stuff was so common!

but i DO love my wife to bits, as well as our first born Olivia!!

platypus
12th February 2007, 10:25 AM
hi~this is james wife... and seeing as this computer screen was up when i turned on the computer... i read the thread...

i just want to add in something here~ as much as i say "ok" or "whatever" ... it typically means "i really dont give a **** and i'm ignoring you cuz i'm sick of talking about this stupid topic, please change the subject b4 i fall asleep"

or something like that! as Ok or Whatever arent as mean as the above sentence!

to another point, i personally am a very down to earth person that just really and truely doesnt give a s&%T ~i go with the flow. and if i dont like something i will tell you.... James is more of a complainer!:D

AND YOU BETTER LOVE US JAMES! OR ELSE!!!! :D

JasonGilholme
12th February 2007, 11:08 AM
oh ****!

i feel like a women just walked into the shed where all my mates hang out.

:o!

miss beckie
12th February 2007, 11:18 AM
well...do I dare comment about the references to women and their mind games? :snooty:

i'm biting my tongue for once on this topic ;)

EL BURITO
12th February 2007, 12:05 PM
oh ****!

i feel like a women just walked into the shed where all my mates hang out.

:o!
lol. agree

oneightoo
12th February 2007, 01:03 PM

no, not a good idea..

i'm biting my tongue for once on this topic ;)

thats a good idea..

:p

Noir
12th February 2007, 01:29 PM
no, not a good idea..

..ha your scared.

oneightoo
12th February 2007, 02:45 PM
..ha your scared.

nah, just no point, you'll be "right" anyway :p

hehe

runs and hides

Noir
12th February 2007, 02:56 PM
nah, just no point, you'll be "right" anyway :p

hehe

runs and hides

I will remember that..

JasonGilholme
12th February 2007, 03:01 PM
please post the situation when you "remember". I have a feeling its going to be entertaining for those not directly involved :p

Noir
12th February 2007, 03:06 PM
please post the situation when you "remember". I have a feeling its going to be entertaining for those not directly involved :p

Oh there will be a story there involving the both of us..and I will remember ;)

JasonGilholme
12th February 2007, 03:52 PM
hahah sucks to be 182 :p

Ishley
12th February 2007, 04:31 PM
Oh there will be a story there involving the both of us..and I will remember ;)
The can of whoop a$$ is sitting on the bench and Amanda has the can opener, but will beckie grab it off her???

Things could get messy very soon..... :D

JasonGilholme
12th February 2007, 04:40 PM
.... i think she would have had enough time to go to the store and buy a six pack of whoop a$$ :p

miss beckie
12th February 2007, 04:44 PM
.... i think she would have had enough time to go to the store and buy a six pack of whoop a$$ :p
hey hey! I said i was keepnig my mouth shut on this topic for once :p it always ends up getting me into trouble...

plus...Effort to think!!!! Meh!

i've been out of the mind games for so long...

i think i'll leave the can of whoop a$$ to amanda for now... unless i think of something really good ;)

Noir
12th February 2007, 04:58 PM
i've been out of the mind games for so long...

..oh little one I have much to teach you..

miss beckie
12th February 2007, 05:08 PM

:o and learn from one of the best!!!!

Ishley
12th February 2007, 05:38 PM

:o and learn from one of the best!!!!

Oh look at them conspiring against us boys... We need to infiltrate there circle. Now we need someone to dress up like a girl, i suggest Crispin :p

EL BURITO
12th February 2007, 06:26 PM
Oh look at them conspiring against us boys... We need to infiltrate there circle. Now we need someone to dress up like a girl, i suggest Crispin :p
dose he look good in heals ?

JasonGilholme
12th February 2007, 06:29 PM
I still think they'll notice. we really need a women... a real female that has betrayed them..... we need..... THE DEE! :p

Noir
12th February 2007, 07:09 PM
I still think they'll notice. we really need a women... a real female that has betrayed them..... we need..... THE DEE! :p

I would expect that suggestion from a clown.

Try again..

Shaun
12th February 2007, 07:18 PM
As you may be aware, I took my "treasure" insisted in coming along for a test drive in the Astra TwinTop recently . . . this is 14 months after she "didn't want anything to do with cars. Go and buy your bloody convertible!" Long story short . . .

I'm talking dollars with the man after the drive and she pipes up "how much is that silver one over there in automatic?"
"What? Where did that come from?"
"Sorry ma'am, the SRi Turbo only comes with a manual transmission."
"I 'spose you could teach me to drive a manual, couldn't you? And I've been thinking it's probably my turn to get a NEW car, and I really like that silver one."
As much as I love my "treasure" there is no way in this lifetime that I will be teaching her how to operate ANYTHING! How do I get out of this one? "Yeah sweetie, but we really need a 4 or 5 door, what with my aged parents and grandkids possibly on the way, to cart around, sweetie!"

Subject closed (well paused) . . . . . for now! Help!

Simple Answer to this one. Pay for some driving lessons with a Driving School in a Manual.m Your wife already knows the basics and im guessing here she either isnt confident or you are stressed out when trying to treaching her in the past.

It maybe be your chance to get an SRi T with the wifes support.

JasonGilholme
12th February 2007, 07:18 PM
I would expect that suggestion from a clown.

Try again..

oh....she called me a clown. lol :)

Shaun
12th February 2007, 07:23 PM
hi~this is james wife... and seeing as this computer screen was up when i turned on the computer... i read the thread...

i just want to add in something here~ as much as i say "ok" or "whatever" ... it typically means "i really dont give a **** and i'm ignoring you cuz i'm sick of talking about this stupid topic, please change the subject b4 i fall asleep"

or something like that! as Ok or Whatever arent as mean as the above sentence!

to another point, i personally am a very down to earth person that just really and truely doesnt give a s&%T ~i go with the flow. and if i dont like something i will tell you.... James is more of a complainer!:D

AND YOU BETTER LOVE US JAMES! OR ELSE!!!! :D

I believe James has been OWNED guys and girls... Funny read.

Ishley
12th February 2007, 08:42 PM
dose he look good in heals ?
Hope not..... But its worth a try

Hmmm not too sure Dee will like that

MatsHolden
12th February 2007, 08:56 PM

Don't talk to me about women and their mind games.... grrrr :rolleyes: :confused: lol

platypus
12th February 2007, 10:34 PM
I believe James has been OWNED guys and girls... Funny read.

eeek!

owned? i'm married! its all a given :p (i think i'm going bald from that thumb :p)

Tfer
12th February 2007, 10:48 PM
Well not for me anymore.... usually can see the games now, and can react accordingly :D

Tfer
12th February 2007, 10:52 PM
oh....she called me a clown. lol :)

Well Jason you do reside in Qld.... you are a Qld Clown my boy :D

miss beckie
12th February 2007, 10:56 PM

*giggles*

Jason is a clown.... Jason is a clown...

oh wait... so am i...

b*gger.

Tfer
12th February 2007, 11:04 PM
*giggles*

oh wait... so am i...

b*gger.

Tehehahahahahahahahaha oh miss beckie..... i needed the laugh :D

miss beckie
12th February 2007, 11:07 PM
Tehehahahahahahahahaha oh miss beckie..... i needed the laugh :D

lol Glad to have been of assistance ;)

Shaun
13th February 2007, 12:25 AM
eeek!

owned? i'm married! its all a given :p (i think i'm going bald from that thumb :p)

hehe you said it hehehe

JasonGilholme
13th February 2007, 09:33 AM

I guess its just by default then yeah?

*giggles*

oh wait... so am i...

b*gger.

Good to see others have come to terms with it as well :cool:

Noir
13th February 2007, 10:25 PM

Default only. Could have been much worse ;)

Tfer
15th February 2007, 11:00 AM

Good to see others have come to terms with it as well :cool:

You are in Qld, you are a member, you therefore are a Qld Clown :D

Yep.... you are surely right there ;)

JasonGilholme
15th February 2007, 12:15 PM

Well you haven't met me yet so theres still time for it to go downhill lol

mackeysam
16th February 2007, 03:24 AM
hmmm yes well it would seem that you are in a bit of a predicatment...but nice choice of car once again :D can't wait to see pics...

you should just do what my dad has done with the last 2 cars he has bought mum...just bring it home all paid for and then she's stuck with it...whether she likes it or not!!! hehe it seriously works tho because mum has been very happy with her past two cars :D

seldo
19th July 2007, 10:57 PM
My missus has had a Mazda 626 DeLuxe Hatch for years now, but it whilst it's only done 135k in its 15yrs (...it's a '92), it's started to have a series of problems that have disappointed me. In the last 12 months or so there's been a clutch, clutch master cyl, clutch slave cyl, brake master cyl, caliper kits, radiator, etc, and then last week the final straw the alternator went. Rang the sparky and he says "Must have done about 135k has it? _ they all fail about then..." So that did it - Fortunately the Brisvegas Motor Show is on so I took my treasure to the show and we did the rounds and looked at and sat in everything that was in the price-range - up to about $30k. Whilst my original inclination had been to the Astra, I was also partial to a Mazda 3, a Peugeot 207/307, maybe a Renault Clio, Corolla perhaps.... But after working our way through through the place we decided on the Astra CDX Coupe.
So we then looked at colours etc and more or less settled on a choice of 2. So I spent the next couple of days shopping around to get the best deal (big difference from lowest to highest with no trade) and on Weds evening we had a discussion about the car .... "OK, so you're happy with the Astra...." "Yes I think it's ok" "OK, what about colour....?" " I think it's between the Silver or Panacotta...what do think...?" "Yes....I think Silver is the way to go." "OK then...Silver? I'll place the order in the morning.."
The next evening she arrives home and I ask for her licence.... "What for?"
" Because they need your licence no for the rego of the new car..." " What do you mean...???"... " Well, I've ordered the new car for you and they need your licence number..." ...."But you didn't discuss that with me...I don't want one of those...!!!" ..."WHAT...???" ..."We agreed and I've ordered it and paid a substantial deposit!!!! http://www.ls1.com.au/forum/images.ls1/smilies/sm_mad.gif " http://www.ls1.com.au/forum/images.ls1/smilies/sm_bash.gif http://www.ls1.com.au/forum/images.ls1/smilies/sm_bash.gif
"OKAY!...I'll try to cancel it in the morning!" .....http://www.ls1.com.au/forum/images.ls1/smilies/sm_flame.gif
*both sulk all night and into a silent breakfast*
9.30am: * Ring, ring* "Hello...?...Oh...........Hi darling........what now?" ..." I've been thinking about the car and that'll be lovely........You haven't cancelled it yet...????".....http://www.ls1.com.au/forum/images.ls1/smilies/sm_flame.gif http://www.ls1.com.au/forum/images.ls1/smilies/sm_mad.gif ...*SIGHHHH!!!*... "No dear....not yet...." ....."OK......So we've got this quite clear.....The Astra's it....????"
"OK....Too late now...all committed...." ...*Sigh*
Bloody women....I love 'em but, sometimes..........http://www.ls1.com.au/forum/images.ls1/smilies/sm_rolleyes.gif....
So, new Star Silver 5sp Astra CDX Coupe due in about 4 weeks with wheels, and spoiler and etc.....
Women!!!
BUMP !!...
Ahhh......Isn't it amazing how time changes things.....Bloody women!!......Sorry....I shouldn't say that....:eyes: Well, a few months down the track I asked my treasure how her car was going..........
"OHHHHH!!! I just love it!!. Do you know that all the time people stare at me, and I think it's just my car........ *me* - "Maybe they are just thinking "What's that old bird doing in that snazzy little car - must be her daughters'... " *her*......*WHACK!!!*...."Hmmm....No..maybe they are thinking who's that spunky ...ummm...mature... lady in that snazzy little car..."
Any way, she now loves it and it's going well...
*Sigh*..."Jeeez it's hard being a man...."

bornwild
19th July 2007, 11:14 PM
Thing with women is, after they say something, give them 1 week cool off period for them to really and I mean..REALLY think about what they said and then take them seriously.