PDA

View Full Version : Difference in Colour?

SIMid
9th February 2007, 03:12 PM
Magma Red vs Power Red

I hear the Power Red is slightly darker. But the question is what is the red we all see in OPCs and VXRs overseas? All the pics of red astras I have seen, they all look the same (depending on light conditions of course taken into consideration).

poita
9th February 2007, 05:53 PM
magma red is the better colour though ;)

Tfer
9th February 2007, 06:28 PM
I can't tell the difference actually.... but being colour blind probably doesn't help :o

Red AH SRI T
9th February 2007, 06:30 PM
Power red is available on all AH7.5 astras.

So all astras produced before Jan will be Magma red

Wraith
10th February 2007, 09:49 AM
That's a good question Simon.

It may very well be darker and if it is, I for one welcome the change, as I'm currently considering an Astra update to replace my Cali and want a red one :)

My Cali is Magma red and I hate the way it looks orange under some lighting conditions - hopefully this new 'darker' red won't have the same attributes.

And hopefully it is a better/stronger colour in terms of UV resistance, as we all know, if you don't garage and look after the magma red it'll be faded before long.

SIMid
12th February 2007, 08:36 AM
That's a good question Simon.

It may very well be darker and if it is, I for one welcome the change, as I'm currently considering an Astra update to replace my Cali and want a red one :)

My Cali is Magma red and I hate the way it looks orange under some lighting conditions - hopefully this new 'darker' red won't have the same attributes.

And hopefully it is a better/stronger colour in terms of UV resistance, as we all know, if you don't garage and look after the magma red it'll be faded before long.

But the Magma Red will be a rare colour (in an Astra). And it's the hero colour for VXR so your going against your earlier statement! Anyhow, hopefully the Stone/Granite finish is tasteful as all Astras will get them in the update.

Wraith
12th February 2007, 12:08 PM
But the Magma Red will be a rare colour (in an Astra). And it's the hero colour for VXR so your going against your earlier statement!

Sorry Simon, I don't follow :confused:

If I get a AH Astra (VXR or twin top) I will be picking the red colour.....

ATM they are Magma red, but if they go to this darker power red, I'm happy with that, as the magma looks a bit orange-ish and is prone to easy fading.

I think that's what I've said in the other post, or are we talking about something else :confused: :)

SIMid
13th February 2007, 09:26 AM
Not to worry, different wavelength.

The Power Red will come without the fancy silver dash trim, only the granite/stone finish. From what I have heard, the new red is fractionally darker. If it's way darker, then it wont look as good IMO.

With new paint technology, it's less likely to happen to the new cars. Bird sh$t is what does the most damage as we all know!

I like the Magma Red, it stands out more. :)

Wraith
13th February 2007, 10:48 AM
Oh I see :)

I still would prefer a darker red, as mentioned, don't like the orange glow given off by the magma under some lighting conditions.....

Even this pic I took during a normal bright day, shows an orange tinge and under most street lights at night, my magma red Cali looks orange not red !

http://i5.tinypic.com/2qldapj.jpg

BTW hows your AH Sri t acquisition going ?? :)

CJB
13th February 2007, 02:29 PM
are there pics yet of the power red?

SIMid
13th February 2007, 10:33 PM
Oh I see :)
BTW hows your AH Sri t acquisition going ?? :)

True, it does have a tinge of Orange in certain light conditions, but nothing like the XR5 turbo! But, I reckon it still looks horn, even in that pic! Don't forget, my Lancia will be resprayed in Rossa Corsa, so no point having 2 cars looking the same. :p

But I still think it looks great in that colour, like the silver, really highlights the body kit with the black cutouts. But either way, both reds will look nice.

Oh, there's also another addition to the turbo colour range, Pannacotta.

Still negotiating Wraith .............. ;)

Wraith
14th February 2007, 09:43 AM
There you go problem solved for you........

Pancotta looks hot in the 3 door AH :)

Would look awesome for the VXR as well :)

Hope you can work out a great deal and get into an AH turbo soon :D

BTW I like the Xr5 T metallic orange colour, looks great and at least it's full orange :)