PDA

View Full Version : Astra turbo 5 door

SIMid
9th February 2007, 03:06 PM
Here it is.

My guess is the OZ spec will have the Coupe tailights, well, all of them will on the 7.5 spec.

http://www.tinypic.us/images/47425opel_wallpaper_turbo_hatch.jpg ('http://www.tinypic.us/v.php?id=47425opel_wallpaper_turbo_hatch.jpg')

Info from www.opel-hk.com

EL BURITO
9th February 2007, 03:07 PM
pic dont work

Red AH SRI T
9th February 2007, 05:19 PM
No brainer really.

If you have a look at the pics of all AH7.5 Astra 5 doors they have coupe styled taillights now

Insubordinate
9th February 2007, 05:57 PM
is this getting released here? if so when?

Tfer
9th February 2007, 06:27 PM
seeing as it appears to be very conservative in its styling.... would make a great Q Car :D

MK
9th February 2007, 07:21 PM
its a 20/20 catch situation when it comes to 5dr Turbo Astra being released here...will it be profitable? will it take sales away from 3dr Turbo and can it be put against Mazda 3 MPS, VW GTi and Ford XR5 (price and features wise) ???

i like it, many people would want a 5dr Turbo car...personally, i prefer to have a 3dr Turbo hatch for power and N\A 5dr family hatch for practicality.

maloo97
9th February 2007, 07:51 PM
I want one!

Ishley
9th February 2007, 08:55 PM
its a 20/20 catch situation when it comes to 5dr Turbo Astra being released here...will it be profitable? will it take sales away from 3dr Turbo and can it be put against Mazda 3 MPS, VW GTi and Ford XR5 (price and features wise) ???

i like it, many people would want a 5dr Turbo car...personally, i prefer to have a 3dr Turbo hatch for power and N\A 5dr family hatch for practicality.
Same engine in a heavier chassis.... And motoring journalists are bashing the 3dr for not being able to compete against the others..... *shudders at the thought of the scathing review*

Tfer
9th February 2007, 09:30 PM
Same engine in a heavier chassis.... And motoring journalists are bashing the 3dr for not being able to compete against the others..... *shudders at the thought of the scathing review*

Very good point... hadn't thought about that aspect :cool:

Wraith
10th February 2007, 09:41 AM
It sure will be interesting to see how well this version would sell, if introduced here.....

As others have said, in terms of performance it will be well behind all the other sport Astras in the Holden range and won't have a chance of competing against the likes of Xr5, MPS 3 and Gti - 5 door turbo hatches.....

It's only strong point IMO compared to it's competition, would be it's price tag.

rjastra
10th February 2007, 06:14 PM
Just an aside...

Info from www.opel-hk.com

Anyone else find this sire to be slow and annoying... What is it with flash developers?!?!?!

Mr T
12th February 2007, 09:45 AM
XR5 is no horn invoking car anyway...I can't see too many informed people buying an XR5 over that. GTI and MPS 3 is another story.