PDA

View Full Version : new "performance chip" on ebay....

InsaneAsylum
6th February 2007, 11:24 AM
ok so i search on ebay, and i find this....

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/REAL-Performance-Chip-VAUXHALL-ASTRA-VECTRA-35-BHP_W0QQitemZ120083516841QQihZ002QQcategoryZ32094Q QrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

the guy claims it's not a resistor, and shows a pic of inside the little box. this also has a power/economy switch and claims that there are 5 or so wires that need to be connected to the ECU... real performance chip!!!

then goes on to make the same +7327848263482364HP increase claims etc. with no hard evidence.

here's what i think. it's just a PCB with an IC and a few other jaycar bits soldered in as well as a switch.

it probably uses power and earth and the input from the intake temp sensor just like the other resistor mods but it's packaged neatly in a case with electronic components to fool the layman.

they also claim it fits a range of vauxhalls from 1.2L to 3.2L which further suggests it's just another resistor mod.

based on the work turblue and auzvectra (and others) are doing, we have learnt that different opels have different motors and different ecus, and REAL chips are required to be made for each specific ECU, which again suggests it's just another resistor mod.

my verdict: same gay resistor mod

auzvectra
6th February 2007, 05:55 PM
based on the work turblue and auzvectra (and others) are doing, we have learnt that different opels have different motors and different ecus, and REAL chips are required to be made for each specific ECU

and we beleive we can now do ur ecu also insane :).
we now can "communicate" with:
Astra 1.8L, 2.0L-T, 2.2L.
Barina 1.8L, havent tested 1.4L yet.
Vectra 2.0L, 2.2L, 2.5L, 2.6L.

unfortunately we still cannot do astra H, and veccy C.

Blue_Dvl
6th February 2007, 07:54 PM
just had a look....... yeah completely a resister mod just packaged in a nice little box to look "official".

auzvectra
6th February 2007, 09:39 PM
switch 1 way to richen, switch the other way to lean out.

Bill_G
6th February 2007, 10:31 PM
I don't know which is dodgier, his product or his feedback. :(

Vectracious
6th February 2007, 10:44 PM
LOL, the exact same chip (looking at his selling history) also works on Toyotas, Mercedes and BMW's!!!!

What a genius to have come up with such a device that it works not only across different models of the same make, but in completely different makes as well!!!!! :rolleyes:

InsaneAsylum
7th February 2007, 08:01 AM
"one size fits all" :)

Mr T
7th February 2007, 01:40 PM
Thats what the bloke at the chemist said...:o