PDA

View Full Version : New SRiT Delivered with Rear Spoiler and Side Skirt Missing!

BMAN
5th February 2007, 01:36 PM
Thanks Shaun for pointing out the missing side skirt and rear spoiler on my new AH SRiT :mad: . Just been to Suttons Holden at Rosebery, and they confirmed that the rear spoiler and side skirt are missing. The customer service guy was not in and will contact me tomorrow to get things fixed:) .

MatsHolden
5th February 2007, 01:54 PM
WTF? Very strange. How come you didn't notice there was a side skirt missing?:confused: lol Hope it's all back to how it should be soon!

BMAN
5th February 2007, 02:05 PM
Just one of those things, did not notice when I picked up the car :(

btm
5th February 2007, 02:07 PM
to excited i presume :D

i would be too!

Tfer
5th February 2007, 02:08 PM
*walks from the front of the new ride, hops straight in, and blasts off down the road* I can understand why you didn't notice :D

Glad it is getting sorted though :)

BMAN
5th February 2007, 03:10 PM
Exactly! :D

Ask the sale guy if I can gun it and he said that the engine has been runned in at the factory. So I did and missed the details of the missing spoiler and skirt.

Tfer
5th February 2007, 03:19 PM
Exactly! :D

Ask the sale guy if I can gun it and he said that the engine has been runned in at the factory. So I did and missed the details of the missing spoiler and skirt.

I knew it! :dance: Enjoy your ride.... and don't forget to post some pictures once you have all the bits :)

Mr T
5th February 2007, 04:12 PM
See what going on a cruise does...glad you got it sorted out Ben.

Shaun
5th February 2007, 05:49 PM
Ben Mate sorry to hear that but im glad that i pointed it out. Dont like people being short changed. How it got past the Dealer and Quality control at opel Factory lines . Someone has some answering to do.

Hopefully they will fix it up.
Good luck i think you should have no problems with them fixing it up.

EL BURITO
5th February 2007, 05:57 PM
Quality control at opel Factory lines
debadtable seeing as how Holden seems to be the only one that adds on factory kits

btm
5th February 2007, 05:59 PM
that's pretty bad that it was just 'missed'

wonder how many more are out there....

MatsHolden
5th February 2007, 06:05 PM
We don't know if it came from the factory like that... could have happend at the dealer.

BMAN
5th February 2007, 06:33 PM
The sales people at holden dealer seem too think it could be an error from Holden. They seem stunned that it was missing!

Red AH SRI T
5th February 2007, 06:42 PM
WOAH! LMAO

thats funny.

But i'm glad its being fixed.

one2have
5th February 2007, 07:24 PM
I still can't believe it!!

I'd have a quick look inside, is the back seat there? hehehehe. Your ride still looked hot Ben - well spotted Shaun..

Shaun
5th February 2007, 07:50 PM
We don't know if it came from the factory like that... could have happend at the dealer.

Matt they are Factory fit. Its a VXR Line Body kit that Vauxhall see as an Option on the SRi T. Holden Spec them out of factory like that. Its possible when the order has been put through for the car the option wasnt selected in the Ordering system .

Shaun

auzvectra
5th February 2007, 08:11 PM
i'd say they have to make it up to u, replace the whole kit with an opc kit please :D.

Misguidedangel
5th February 2007, 09:04 PM
nah just replace the whole car with a VXR :D i think thats good compensation :D

dustbug
5th February 2007, 09:11 PM
Well spotted too.

I'm was sure it came with a proper spoiler. I mentioned to ben theres a holden spoiler that he could get off ebay for it, but now we know its missing it, he doesn't need to get one.

bill142
5th February 2007, 09:18 PM
Should do a walk around before accepting delivery of the car to check for damage, missing pieces etc.

dustbug
5th February 2007, 09:36 PM
Should do a walk around before accepting delivery of the car to check for damage, missing pieces etc.

This is true, but most of the time your looking for little scratches or damage, but not missing body parts. Ok if you got an accessory say a tow bar or something you'll look out for it but not like a side skirt or spoiler.

Talking about damage to a car, the same idiots at rosebery suttons (i don't like them at all), when my cousin picked up his Barina SRi i think its a 2003 model, he found a scratch on the car when he picked it up, told the guy it was there and he said back to him "its only a holden, not a porsche"

charming........... luckily he went to school in the same year as scott sutton, the grandson i beleive and mentioned this smart arse remark the guy said

i just find the staff at rosebery suttons shocking, you look in the car yard for an hour and not 1 person will come and ask if you need any assistance, and thats the reason why we went to arncliffe, i guess its still suttons though but something else that helps out gets the commission

MK
5th February 2007, 10:03 PM
so both side skirts, front and back skirts and rear roof spoiler are missing???

take some photos to show us how it looks without them!

sorry to hear about this, hopefully it will be sorted out soon.

platypus
5th February 2007, 11:56 PM
bwahaha, thats just ridiculously funny!!!

meh, i'd probably do the same if i wasn't a PITA customer!

EL BURITO
6th February 2007, 12:00 AM
on the other side of things thou u have a bit of a sleeper if ppl dont look at the grill

iamhappy46
6th February 2007, 09:47 AM
They normally fit them at the car dealer, as they can be scraped/damaged on the delivery truck.

BMAN
6th February 2007, 10:53 AM
Some Pics with the Skirt and Spoiler missing. Quality not too good (phone cam).

http://us.a2.yahoofs.com/users/rkRAbnahRUDq/__sr_/ed8b.jpg?tkn=phYo9xFB3VgHl4Ic&saveas=DSC00025_resize

http://us.a2.yahoofs.com/users/rkRAbnahRUDq/__sr_/3d45.jpg?tkn=phYo9xFBy9LWg.zU&saveas=DSC00027_resize

http://us.a2.yahoofs.com/users/rkRAbnahRUDq/__sr_/5ca0.jpg?tkn=phc29xFByEmtwAsp&saveas=DSC00030_resize

http://us.a2.yahoofs.com/users/rkRAbnahRUDq/__sr_/8d60.jpg?tkn=phc29xFBfWeDxXIF&saveas=DSC00035_resize

http://us.a2.yahoofs.com/users/rkRAbnahRUDq/__sr_/6662.jpg?tkn=phc29xFBfPmFQiLM&saveas=DSC00036_resize

Mr T
6th February 2007, 11:55 AM
Ben,

I think Shaun is on to something, there has been a spec problem in the factory. Grab the brouchure, the owners handbook and other referrence material like spec list from Carpoint.com.au for example. Have a good (real good) look at the car.

Check other things like: seat trim, instrument cluster design etc.

Also, what is the 6th letter of the engine number...Z20LE?...is it the 200HP version?

Shaun mentioned to me that it may infact be the UK spec SRi-T - which is a lower spec than ours, in which case you might be missing a whole lot of other stuff.

I'm glad that it has been detected so early.

BMAN
6th February 2007, 12:12 PM
The Engine Number is Z20LERXXXXXXXX is this the 200HP (147KW) version? Got a call from Suttons Rosebery today, and the Customer service guy (Criag) said that Holden had been notified about the issue and they are sourcing the parts. He has no ETA on the parts. He said that he will let me know when the part come in and will have a car for me to use when they fit the missing bits. Will take 1 day once they have the parts :).

May be I should ask for the VXR for one day? :dance:.

Looks like they fit the body kit locally from what he said.

The internal trim, instrument cluster, etc looks OK :). I think it is an OZ SRiT specs car.

EL BURITO
6th February 2007, 01:15 PM
I think the best bet may be to go park next to another one at the dealer and compare every part

Wraith
6th February 2007, 01:19 PM

hahahaha LOL :D sorry to laugh, but that is funny .......:)

auzvectra
6th February 2007, 05:48 PM
Z20LER is the 200hp version, the lower is the Z20LEL.

BMAN
6th February 2007, 06:32 PM
Looks like it only bit of the bodykit missing.

Shaun
6th February 2007, 07:09 PM
I would be saying that if Holden are at fault then the they have missed optioned the car. If Opel are at fault it sounds like the Forman of the factory has put on some beer ( Germans love there beer) at lunch time and they took A nap after lunch and forgot to finish the car off... hehehe

BMAN
8th February 2007, 06:24 PM
Got a call from Suttons at Rosebery today. The Service dept want to have a look at the car, to confirm that the parts are missing. Told them that the sale people had already had a look but they still wanted to see it. Drove to suttons and, yep the parts are missing! Also found that the anchor clips things (tie downs) where also missing (there are 2 clips on each side of the boot to secure stuff). They are going to fix it too.

:(

auzvectra
8th February 2007, 06:36 PM
well some good news then hey :).

Shaun
8th February 2007, 06:51 PM
Thats good to hear Ben. Good to hear that Suttons are looking after you well about it all.

Tfer
8th February 2007, 11:04 PM
How could it have gotten through the dealer delivery process..... oh yeah, sorry.... it could and it did :rolleyes:

Reminds me of when I collected an AH Astra from a dealership in Bris Vegas about 1.5 years ago..... washed it for the first time a week later, and noticed 8 out the wheel nuts were less than even finger tight.... nice dealer delivery :mad:

xplosv57
11th February 2007, 01:29 PM
That is absolutely ridiculous that a car has gone through the pre delivery process missing such obvious items!!!

I do this exact job on a daily basis and although i don't work for a holden dealer, it just astounds me that this car has gone from Germany to Aus docks, docks to dealer, to dealer pre delivery check, to detailing, to showroom delivery bay and not one person noticed!!!

If it was an option here, id understand, but when they all come here standard with the kit, you'd think someone would notice it looking a bit odd!!! Sorry about the rant but i do this job everyday and its just odd that something like this would happen!!

JR
12th February 2007, 01:31 PM
that sure is odd.

i'm gonna sound dramatic here, but wats the bet someone was so desperate, that they took the parts of your car while it was sitting in the holden dealer yard.
cause it seems to have "passed" inspection at the opel factory (one would think).
it seems to have "passed" inspection on delivery to the holden dealer ((one would think).

however, when it got to BMAN's hands - GONE!!! something happened between dealer accepting and BMAN accepting.

lol.....just a different crazy view to the situation.

BMAN - is it all fixed now?

BMAN
13th February 2007, 09:16 AM
Still waiting for the bits from holden :(

Shaun
13th February 2007, 12:15 PM
that sure is odd.

i'm gonna sound dramatic here, but wats the bet someone was so desperate, that they took the parts of your car while it was sitting in the holden dealer yard.
cause it seems to have "passed" inspection at the opel factory (one would think).
it seems to have "passed" inspection on delivery to the holden dealer ((one would think).

however, when it got to BMAN's hands - GONE!!! something happened between dealer accepting and BMAN accepting.

lol.....just a different crazy view to the situation.

BMAN - is it all fixed now?

It could have just been speced without them. I have seen the car if they had been taken off then you would see some kind of makes on the body . theres nothing there at all.
As ive said before. One of two things.
when ordered they didnt click the opton or add the option code to the order
Or factory hasnt done there job.

Third one is a long shot but could be. As Vauxhall have the kit used on our SRi T as a VXR Line kit which is something you pay extra for over there (at the moment i believe its changing) it could have been a mix up from factory and the car may well have ment to have been for Vauxhall stock.

at the end of the day there was a mistake ....

BMAN
27th February 2007, 09:37 PM
Finally my car is booked in on Thursday to get the side skirts and rear spoiler fitted. Will take 2 day to do. :clap:

maloo97
27th February 2007, 09:40 PM
Good to hear ben. Let us know how she goes and picies to :D :D

Shaun
27th February 2007, 09:42 PM
Thats good news Ben. Happy to hear it ended well.

Tfer
27th February 2007, 09:52 PM
Finally my car is booked in on Thursday to get the side skirts and rear spoiler fitted. Will take 2 day to do. :clap:

Congratulations bman.... now to finally have the car you ordered :cool:

BMAN
3rd March 2007, 12:02 AM
Got my car back today, not too happy, Suttons holden fitted the rear roof spoiler and side skirts. Colour is not a 100% match, side skirts does not look like it is fitted close enough to the body (when I run my fingers across the join to the body I can feel the edge, looks like there is a gap of about 2-3 mm from the body. Had a look at a SRiT on the lot and the join looks closer and can't feel the edge), and the rear roof spoiler is not the same as the standard SRiT. Looks like the rear roof spoiler could be one off a VXR? Does anyone have pics of one off a VXR? Thinking of making a formal compain.

Shaun
3rd March 2007, 05:18 PM
Sorry to hear that they havent got it close to being right.

Tfer
3rd March 2007, 05:51 PM
Got my car back today, not too happy, Suttons holden fitted the rear roof spoiler and side skirts. Colour is not a 100% match, side skirts does not look like it is fitted close enough to the body (when I run my fingers across the join to the body I can feel the edge, looks like there is a gap of about 2-3 mm from the body. Had a look at a SRiT on the lot and the join looks closer and can't feel the edge), and the rear roof spoiler is not the same as the standard SRiT. Looks like the rear roof spoiler could be one off a VXR? Does anyone have pics of one off a VXR? Thinking of making a formal compain.

Sounds like it is time for Holden to cough up and sort this out once and for all.... as they were the last ones to deal with the car.... and should never have been delivered like it was (oh, by the way, regardless of whether it ends up being the Dealer or not, it is all still Holden) :mad:

JR
3rd March 2007, 11:36 PM
mate.....thats just wrong. not only have the screwed ur car up, now they're screwing u up aswell. :mad:

they should b exhanging the car with a brand new one, with the correct specs n fittings - as it should've been in the first place.

so sorry mate :(

BMAN
4th March 2007, 04:08 AM
Here are some pics:

Roof Spoiler VXR?
http://i161.photobucket.com/albums/t233/BMAN_SRiT/DSC00049.jpg

http://i161.photobucket.com/albums/t233/BMAN_SRiT/DSC00051.jpg

http://i161.photobucket.com/albums/t233/BMAN_SRiT/DSC00052.jpg

Side Skirt
http://i161.photobucket.com/albums/t233/BMAN_SRiT/DSC00057.jpg

http://i161.photobucket.com/albums/t233/BMAN_SRiT/DSC00060.jpg

http://i161.photobucket.com/albums/t233/BMAN_SRiT/DSC00062.jpg

DirtyHarry
4th March 2007, 11:50 AM
did you check if they are genuine parts? they could be after market replicas.
id take this to department of fair trading if they didnt fix this up.

JR
4th March 2007, 12:22 PM
fark!! u can clearly c the colors don't match!!!
u can't accept that mate - u paid a lot for that car, u should get wat u paid for - not this dodgy shiet.

which dealer is this?

xplosv57
4th March 2007, 02:42 PM
Yeah i agree, this shouldnt have happened in the first place, and then for them to do such a half arsed repair job is just pathetic!!! Yeah id also get them to order another car for you, or maybe choose another dealer to get a car from, seeing as this dealer has stuffed u round from day one!!!

Shaun
4th March 2007, 03:14 PM
Ring and Ask for the Dealer Principal and make an appointment to go see him. As for the rear spoiler. Yes it looks to be a VXR Spoiler.
If you have no luck wit the dealership ring Holden and ask for a Holden Rep in Sydney to come look at the car.

Shaun

DirtyHarry
4th March 2007, 03:27 PM
no offence. but those are major parts, how did you manage to miss them in the first place.

BMAN
4th March 2007, 04:40 PM
no offence. but those are major parts, how did you manage to miss them in the first place.

The car came without the parts, did not notice until Shaun pointed it out.

BMAN
4th March 2007, 04:48 PM
Ring and Ask for the Dealer Principal and make an appointment to go see him. As for the rear spoiler. Yes it looks to be a VXR Spoiler.
If you have no luck wit the dealership ring Holden and ask for a Holden Rep in Sydney to come look at the car.

Shaun

Thanks Shaun, will do as U suggested, and yes the rear spoiler is a VXR spoiler, went to the dealer yesterday to complain to the sales guy who sold me the car and to check out a VXR rear spoiler but there was no VXR on the lot. As I was leaving in came a VXR belonging to a customer. Had a look a the rear spoiler and yes it a VXR spoiler. Told the owner about OpelAus and I think he signed up yesterday.

Greg K
4th March 2007, 10:55 PM
hey mate, it doesnt look like they have a done a bad job.................. they have done a piss poor job mate and is clear that they are just stuffing you arround!

enough is enough mate... like shaun said, go higher until they realise that you are not going to accept their crappy repairs.... jump up and down until your face goes blue about their poor customer service.

i would not accept the car back mate as it just seems like its more hassle than its worth! your money is worth more than the crap service they are giving you.

you prob love the car mate, but to save headaches later on, id ask for a new one or go to Dep Fair Trading....

good luck matey!

BMAN
6th March 2007, 04:51 PM
The car is booked in for monday to refit and paint the side skirts and rear spoiler. It will take 3 days this time and hopefully they will get it correct this time.

Shaun
6th March 2007, 06:16 PM
The car is booked in for monday to refit and paint the side skirts and rear spoiler. It will take 3 days this time and hopefully they will get it correct this time.

Hope all works out BMAN

Tfer
6th March 2007, 07:36 PM
Good luck BMAN..... but I would still seriously, as many others have said, take it further, as this is bullsh^t big time on behalf of the dealer and Holden :mad:

Geebs
6th March 2007, 08:14 PM
Thats bullcrap. I would demand a new car. You just paid shitloads for a new car and they wanna spray the side skirts. No way. Straight to the fair trading department.

I wouldn't bother with Holden head office. I rang them with a couple of issues and they couldnt give 2 shits.

But dude, this is farked, DEMAND a new car. WHen you buy a new car, you can not expected to be ok with a car with non standard parts that also have to be futher sprayed. That's one point about buying a new car, it has all the original parts, and hasnt been touched - painted and baked all at once....

Don't let them tell you any different!

JR
6th March 2007, 09:35 PM
That's one point about buying a new car, it has all the original parts, and hasnt been touched - painted and baked all at once....

Don't let them tell you any different!

thats a very important point made there by Geebs - u will find the "added/fake replica" parts will fade at a different rate/pigmentation to the rest of the car.
sure they might match...actually try n match, the color now (which they did a crapy job the first time round), but a few years down the track, ur gonna notice it easily.

as i said before - i wouldn't settle anything less than a new replacement vehicle. if u gotta take it higher - so b it.

DEE-80Y
7th March 2007, 04:34 PM
what a bloody mess this has turned out to be just because someone couldnt do their job effectively.

Holden are always gonna give people the run around, thats just the way they operate.

Lobby for a new car!!! keep asking for someone in a higher position until you get what you want and are entitled to.

Good luck Bman, look forward to seeing it on the next cruise as a complete car.

BMAN
12th March 2007, 01:00 PM
Dropped off my car again today to get things right (fingers crossed :) ). Will get it back on Thursday.

maloo97
12th March 2007, 08:03 PM
Ben i will hunt arount for you tomorrow and see how she's going.
I dont work for holden but i do audi so we share the same yard to ill have a peek.

BMAN
12th March 2007, 10:27 PM
Cool thanks.

maloo97
12th March 2007, 10:30 PM
N/p. Oi ben whats your first 3 letters on your rego ?

Red AH SRI T
13th March 2007, 07:53 AM
Holden are always gonna give people the run around, thats just the way they operate.

This isn't just a Holden thing. This same situation could (and probably does) happen with all sorts of different car companies

Shaun
13th March 2007, 11:26 AM
This isn't just a Holden thing. This same situation could (and probably does) happen with all sorts of different car companies

Very true. Even Mercedes Benz do the same. When Humans are involved there will always be margin for Error.

BMAN
13th March 2007, 02:27 PM
N/p. Oi ben whats your first 3 letters on your rego ?

its "BC3"

Black SRiT should be in the panel shop, the guys name is Jason i think

maloo97
13th March 2007, 08:41 PM
Alright dude will look tomorrow no luck today!

maloo97
14th March 2007, 01:56 PM
Ben your car is all over the workshop.
I belive a new kit is getting painted and put back on.
Will let you know on an update!

BMAN
14th March 2007, 04:16 PM
Ben your car is all over the workshop.
I belive a new kit is getting painted and put back on.
Will let you know on an update!

Much appreciated :D

JR
14th March 2007, 06:02 PM
lol....the benefits of having someone on the "inside" :D

poita
14th March 2007, 06:09 PM
did u sneak around mission impossible style, rolling over bonnets of cars.
jumping across rooves to suss it all out?

maloo97
14th March 2007, 07:38 PM
did u sneak around mission impossible style, rolling over bonnets of cars.
jumping across rooves to suss it all out?

Yeh ofcourse!!

xplosv57
14th March 2007, 11:22 PM
Nah he came out the roof attached to a rope...........

poita
14th March 2007, 11:41 PM
hid in a barrel in teh corner of the spray booth, making sure they match teh paint lol

maloo97
16th March 2007, 09:46 AM
Ben. I beleave you car is ready.
Saw it qickly looks good!

BMAN
16th March 2007, 01:57 PM
Ben. I beleave you car is ready.
Saw it qickly looks good!

Just gave them a call will be ready COB today.

Thanks
:D

maloo97
16th March 2007, 03:51 PM
Nice little surprise under the front number plate if holden dont rip it off!!! :p

BMAN
16th March 2007, 06:31 PM
Nice little surprise under the front number plate if holden dont rip it off!!! :p

Found it ;). All looks good now but there looks to be some dried polish or wax residue around the areas they worked on plus some light scratches. They would have to fix it. Show it to the service guy (Ian), and he said to bring it in on monday give it a once over. Other than that all good. :D

maloo97
16th March 2007, 07:38 PM
Good to hear mate.
Glad it's sorted.

Ahhh ya surprise was still there :p