PDA

View Full Version : cdx coupe

Mainframe_Module
5th February 2007, 10:35 AM
okay so ive been looking at both the tigra and still the astra coupe.

now ive found a cdx coupe with about 6000k's on it, its an 06 model, pretty much brand new and it is $25990 plus like 3% stampduty or something which isnt much.
i test drove it yesterday and it was nice, but i just wanted to know if you guys have any ideas of things to look out for?
it seemed to run smoothly, i could feel a bit of vibration on the clutch when hitting friction point which was different cause on the yaris im learning manual on it is totally smooth, other than that i didnt notice any rattles or problems with quality, it seemed to be really gutsy and smooth.

the guy was nice and not pushy, he understood im still unsure and didnt pressure me which was nice...the problem is its in mosman so its not exactly the next suburb to me.

anyway i just thought you guys would know if any flaws to look out for that could be a warning sign that something is wrong with it.

taa!

xplosv57
5th February 2007, 10:56 AM
Well id go to Holden and haggle with them more, mate of mine bought a CDX for that price driveaway with 0km (new) so try to get the demo cheaper or a new one for the same price!!! Haggle them down to the ground!!! Id go for new so then the worry of something being wrong can be taken out of the equasion!!!

Mainframe_Module
5th February 2007, 12:05 PM
was the cdx the coupe or the hatch though? because the coupe is like 26990 or so without any onroads when brand new.

xplosv57
5th February 2007, 12:11 PM
was the cdx the coupe or the hatch though? because the coupe is like 26990 or so without any onroads when brand new.

Yep was a Coupe and was around that price rrp, but we haggled with the dealer and ended up getting a few $$$$ off the car and driveaway!!! :D

Tfer
5th February 2007, 12:11 PM
pm Crispy to get his opinion.... as he has one :)

Mainframe_Module
5th February 2007, 12:20 PM
i just had a look and enquired on discountnewcars.com.au
they had it for like 24490...but then there would be onroads prolly....but if its only a little more than this one and its brand new then hmm.

well see i spose.....ill just take my time and see what comes up.

bill142
5th February 2007, 09:28 PM
I paid about 27500 for mine by the time I put it on the road. Personally I tink 26 for a car with 6000 on it is a bit much. Get some prices on new ones drive away and go back to the dealer and tell them this is what I can get a new one for what can you do.

Mainframe_Module
6th February 2007, 07:57 PM
well ive done some more enquiring today
about prices for new ones, etc.
ill see how it goes i spose

im pretty set on the moonland colour though, so this one im looking at is perfect colour, the right specs and a good price, ive looked online and most of them with the same amount of k's are 28k+ so 25990 doesnt seem too bad.
just wondering whyyyy its cheaper....but an nrma inspection is apparently being done tomorrow on it so ill see.

just another question to people that own these...do the controls on the steering wheels and on the doors for the windows and side mirrors light up when the headlights are on?
the reason i ask is that in my yaris, the buttons on the wheel dont light up and it looks like they should because they are kind of translucent. but they apparently dont so its not just mine that doesnt

and my friend with an opel barina sri's steering wheel and window buttons light up...so im wondering if it does in the astra.

silly and superficial i know, but meh :P

jsantos
6th February 2007, 10:12 PM
i recomend getting a quote from www.carbroker.com.au befre making any decisions.

No i don't work for them, I did use them though and it made my life alot easier .

Mainframe_Module
7th February 2007, 10:11 AM
oh cool ill have a look.

i tried discountnewcars.com.au yesterday, i think they are a simmilar service

Ishley
7th February 2007, 04:38 PM
well ive done some more enquiring today
about prices for new ones, etc.
ill see how it goes i spose

im pretty set on the moonland colour though, so this one im looking at is perfect colour, the right specs and a good price, ive looked online and most of them with the same amount of k's are 28k+ so 25990 doesnt seem too bad.
just wondering whyyyy its cheaper....but an nrma inspection is apparently being done tomorrow on it so ill see.

just another question to people that own these...do the controls on the steering wheels and on the doors for the windows and side mirrors light up when the headlights are on?
the reason i ask is that in my yaris, the buttons on the wheel dont light up and it looks like they should because they are kind of translucent. but they apparently dont so its not just mine that doesnt

and my friend with an opel barina sri's steering wheel and window buttons light up...so im wondering if it does in the astra.

silly and superficial i know, but meh :P
Yes they all do light up, including some little ones in the door handle slot!!

Mainframe_Module
7th February 2007, 09:44 PM
see its the little quirks like that which is why i want a european car

:D
oh and of course the flick knife like keys :D
*stabs in the air like a ninja*

haha...sometimes im too gay for my own good *hides*

CJB
7th February 2007, 10:06 PM
Well id go to Holden and haggle with them more, mate of mine bought a CDX for that price driveaway with 0km (new) so try to get the demo cheaper or a new one for the same price!!! Haggle them down to the ground!!! Id go for new so then the worry of something being wrong can be taken out of the equasion!!!
I paid $29,990 for mine, and it had 6000kms on it too, and nothing else but apart from being lowered and the 18"s

Yes they all do light up, including some little ones in the door handle slot!!
It makes it feel really worth it doesnt it Ash - something so small can make the car seem so good.

I have had mine since November, and I havent found anything wrong with it (apart from the lowered springs hitting the suspension when you turn).. really good - and I mean REALLY good on fuel and nice to drive.

xplosv57
8th February 2007, 11:37 AM
I paid $29,990 for mine, and it had 6000kms on it too, and nothing else but apart from being lowered and the 18"s

Funny that cos originally my mate was gonna buy it with the full body kit and 18s, we were quoted that same price ($29990) driveaway with the kit and the 18s, and that was brand new too so depends on the dealer, i know the dealer we went to always has good deals, always goes that step further to get a sale and in turn saving the customer a few $$$!!!

CJB
8th February 2007, 11:57 AM
and we didnt do any haggling down of the cost of the car, to keep my trade (Lancer VR-X) price up! If they came down, so did the trade in price of my car... this way it all looked better on paper - because I stepped into the dark waters of negative equity.

Mainframe_Module
8th February 2007, 12:19 PM
im hoping to get as much for my yarii as possible, as i still owe like 16k on it.

the last dealer offered 15, so there will probably be a little bit of negative equity on mine too. doomage.

well see, considoring the dealer im buying it from is actually a toyota dealer maybe they will offer a bit more for a toyota and since im already with toyota finance it should be easy just to refinance without ****ing around with lots of companies.

hmm well see i guess.