PDA

View Full Version : AH SRiT

MasterSti
1st February 2007, 03:45 PM
Well I have had my new AH SRiT for about a week now & I'm really happy with it.

I went for a star silver & I have window tints. Stock apart from that. I am in the process of getting slim line number plates as the standard size plates look aweful on the front. Too big.

Looks sensational. Sweet around the corners. And the heated leather seats are awesome.

Engine doesnt feel as nice as the test drive car but I'm sure it just needs more Kms on board. I have just ticked over 500kms.

No rattles as yet but I'm sure it wont be long....

Much nicer car to cruise on the highway than the subaru. Nice and relaxed in 6th gear.

Anyway I just wanted to say I found the following on the AH Astra trip computer:

Start the engine as normal
press and hold the settings button until you hear a faint beep.
Then press the BC button twiceYou then get heaps of extra options to view.

Just keep pressing the BC button to scroll to different screens

It gives you a engine temp that is missing on the dashboard.

Anyway hope this is helpful to other AH owners with BC.

Cheers

Stu

Red AH SRI T
1st February 2007, 08:47 PM
close your mouth about rattles!

My first AH never once rattled, and my AH SRiT now has 5000km on it, without a hint of any, and no AH i know of ever has rattled.

Thanks about the trip computer thingie, someone once told us how to do that but we forgot about it.

*runs down to the car park*

so many numbers, so little meaning :p

jsantos
1st February 2007, 09:45 PM
AWESOME! You've made my night, going out to the car now to check it out!

MasterSti
2nd February 2007, 09:03 AM
Yes hopefully I wont get any rattles in the AH.

Just every other new car I have owned eventually gets a few annoying noises/rattles.

Tight as a drum so far....

I'm planning a nice long drive over the weekend to test out the car over some more challenging roads than the city. I just want to run the car in correctly & not stay at a constant spped/load on the engine for too long. Everyone says dont baby it but dont thrash it also. So I will rev it out to 4-5k every now and then.

Has anyone had their first service at 3000kms yet? Did you change the oil/filter at that service? I just checked the service book and surprised it wasnt required. I think they just check the car over & run the tech 2 computer over the car.

Also what tyre presures are people running? I am running 280kpa on all 4 tyres. Jus wanted to know what others are running. I always run presures a little higher to get better handling/tyre life. The ride is a bit harsher though.

With the trip computer function I found I think you will get the following features:

Software version & Date
LCD display temp
Heaps of fuel injection stuff I dont understand
Looks like traction control/ESP settings for snow/ICE??
Engine temp - the one I like - no bloody temp guage elsewhere!!!
And heaps of other stuff I dont understand???Does anyone know if the traction control/ESP settings can be changed via BC? I know I can turn all off when holding the sport button on for 5 seconds.

Anyway I assume that you would need the tech 2 to change anything.

Hope other find this info useful.

I obtained it from a mate in the UK.

btm
2nd February 2007, 09:12 AM
I'm planning a nice long drive over the weekend to test out the car over some more challenging roads than the city.
Do the rivers run out to Strahan - just make sure you get an early start ;)

Or the roads around Bicheno and St Mary's are pretty nice and twisty also

MasterSti
2nd February 2007, 09:24 AM
Yes both those roads are great.

Good thing about living in Tas is we have fantastic driving roads with bugger all traffic & police.

I am keen to go to the derwent valley as I know some fantastic twisties around there. & its only a 45 minute drive from Hobart to get there.

Probably try out a few Targa Tasmania stages also.

Strahan & st Marys is around a 2.5 -4 hour one way drive so probably a bit far for me to go. I love the east coast and will go up to my family holiday home for the weekend in the next few months.

St Marys / Elehpant pass are probably the best bits of road on the east coast. I have taken my WRX on these roads lots of times & left with a big smile on my face & steam coming from my brakes.

I recomend anyone on this forum to come for a driving holiday over here.

btm
2nd February 2007, 09:32 AM
I recomend anyone on this forum to come for a driving holiday over here.
I second this, cause i've done it :)

You can drive anywhere in a day, awesome place tassie - its like a whole other world down there!

Wraith
2nd February 2007, 12:39 PM
Congratulations and well done - enjoy your new ride, they are a sweet looking machine and you've got my fav. colour choice too :) followed closely by the red :)

As for rattles, I share your concern - eventually ALL cars develop some sort of internal rattling - it just takes time.....my Calibra only just started with some driver seat squeaks and dash rattles about 1 year ago.

So given time and wear n tear I'm sure the AH will have some too, but this isn't that much of a problem anyways ;)

ROCCO
2nd February 2007, 02:31 PM
The trip computer does this work with the AH CD or only the SRIT?? I have the BC function but i'm yet to try it

btm
2nd February 2007, 02:42 PM
The trip computer does this work with the AH CD or only the SRIT?? I have the BC function but i'm yet to try it
i believe its all AH's

could be wrong though...

MasterSti
2nd February 2007, 03:06 PM
I think it may only work on AH Astras with trip computer.

So this would be CDX and higher specs.

But I could be wrong. Please try it on the CD let us know.

I know the base models still have the BC button on the dash but would normally do nothing or say "no function" when pressed.

Alix
2nd February 2007, 05:07 PM
Trip computer mod works on my CDTi as well - thanks for the heads up.

I can't make head nor tail of most of it. Can't see the engine temp though, only an LCD temp??? I did see what looked like a battery output though - hovering up around 13.8.

The rest of it, as previously stated, looked like software versions, service codes, and settings.

Red AH SRI T
3rd February 2007, 02:14 PM
I've had the 3000km service done on my AH SRiT and i had an oil and filter change done. I also had it done on my last car, an AH CDX.

Just makes me feel better, probably doesn't do anything.

digifish
3rd February 2007, 09:31 PM
Trip computer mod works on my CDTi as well - thanks for the heads up.

I can't make head nor tail of most of it. Can't see the engine temp though, only an LCD temp??? I did see what looked like a battery output though - hovering up around 13.8.

The rest of it, as previously stated, looked like software versions, service codes, and settings.

I've got a CDTi too...I get the LCD temp...I think this is engine temp? It rose to 40 C after 1 minute of idling from cold (34 C)?

digifish,

MasterSti
3rd February 2007, 10:35 PM
You just need to keep pressing the "BC" button about 3-4 times.

You will see on the left hand side of the display coolant temp.

It scrolls to different screens

There is also Sat-Nav setting in the menu's Euro Astras have that option I think with colour screens.

I would have liked SatNav if it was optional.

May just buy a portable satnav system - Navman or TomTom.

phat-dave
4th February 2007, 09:02 AM
I just did it on mine but I don't think you can actually change any of the settings without the Tech2?

Besides, it appears its missing the most important option the "Raise Boost +8psi - ON" function :o

digifish
19th February 2007, 03:37 PM
I've got a CDTi too...I get the LCD temp...I think this is engine temp? It rose to 40 C after 1 minute of idling from cold (34 C)?

digifish,

I just read in another forum -

-----------------------------------------------------------------

did you hav your lights on at the time you checked................. http://astra-sri.co.uk/forums/images/smilies/as/shocked.gif

hold the first button til it beeps and then push the settings button 5 or six times til it displays like this

000 000 94.5 ( <<<<< not real numbers just an example ) 3 sets of 3

your lights hav to be turned of to display engine temp........ if they are on it displays numbers for something else!!!!
-------------------------------------------------------------------

haven't verified yet. So it seems the LCD Temp is the wrong screen. Lights must be on also.

digifish,

ROCCO
20th February 2007, 10:51 PM
Tried it in the AH...doesn't work...and to get the bloody numbers off the scrren battery needs to be disconnected for 30 min...never trying that again...

digifish
21st February 2007, 10:18 AM
Tried it in the AH...doesn't work...and to get the bloody numbers off the scrren battery needs to be disconnected for 30 min...never trying that again...

Really? I have the CDTi and it was fine, the numbers go away after cycling the ignition.

However whether my lights are on or off I don't see any numbers that look like engine temp. I am sure it's in there somewhere :confused:

digifish.

SIMid
27th February 2007, 01:16 PM
From what I have read, you need to scroll to the Instant Comsumption or Audio functions and press "Settings" then you should be able to exit the screen.