PDA

View Full Version : Hyundai Santa Fe Ad On TV

Shaun
1st February 2007, 12:25 AM
Anyone else seen it for the New Hyundai Santa Fe On TV ??? Very clever Marketing. If it dont sell to Young Familys then there is something drastic wrong.

platypus
1st February 2007, 07:35 AM
and its so cute!!!

way better than a surfing car, that just turned me off right there!!

SSS_Hoon
1st February 2007, 10:08 AM
seen it while watching the O.C and i was in stitches that is a great ad and very well done and thought out i think they should do well with that one i think.

as for the surfing car i too seen that add(twin top right) and was like WTF.

SSS_Hoon

Red AH SRI T
3rd February 2007, 02:17 PM
i also like the new Astra TwinTop ad with the car surfing the waves and then putting its roof up before the wave breaks on top of it.

01CDsedan
9th February 2007, 10:42 PM
I'm just waiting for the first news story to come out about the little kid who was inspired to take the family car for a spin after seeing the Santa Fe ad...

platypus
11th February 2007, 10:36 AM
kids biggest heroes drives the car all the time (ma&pa) and who doesn't want to be their hero?

btm
23rd February 2007, 08:38 AM
I'm just waiting for the first news story to come out about the little kid who was inspired to take the family car for a spin after seeing the Santa Fe ad...
You must have known something... they have taken the ad off air for that exact reason... they were affraid it would make little kids go out and try to drive their parents car... i mean seriously!!! WTF!!

just cause i see an astra vert surfing a wave on tv it doesnt mean i'm going to attempt it in my astra!

Vectracious
23rd February 2007, 08:55 AM
http://www.theage.com.au/news/national/hyundais-joyriding-toddlers-axed/2007/02/22/1171733950429.html

Do people honestly have nothing better to do but write in/call up and complain about such trivial rubbish? Who sits and pays attention to ads anyway - I use them as an excuse to get up and get something to eat/toilet break, etc - or just fast forward them (have to tape the one show I watch free to air).

I bet you these parents that wrote in are the same parents who look at me like I'm the devil incarnate when I tell their little sh*ts to stop running around the store. And when their little sh*t smacks their head on some shelving, its my fault......

"The ad will make my 5 year old kid want to take the car out for a drive" - well take some responsibility for yourself and your child and make sure they can't get to your keys or have access to the car - stop blaming it on some stupid ad.......

[/rant off]

btm
23rd February 2007, 09:05 AM
its such a bureaucratic wank

lock your car and keep your keys in a safe place - common sense really if you have young kids around

PaulyJ
23rd February 2007, 01:16 PM
This is my favourite ad at the moment
Bring back "Dad... why did they build the Great Wall of China?"

btm
23rd February 2007, 01:19 PM
"it was during the time of ruling of the emperor nasi goreng"

still cracks me up everytime also :D

PaulyJ
23rd February 2007, 01:28 PM
lol
"...to keep the rabbits out"

MatsHolden
23rd February 2007, 03:30 PM
The Hyundai ad pisses me off. Only because the good car advertisments that use to be on are no longer allowed. So an SS Ute doing circles, or the SS doing the slalom around the kids toys in the driveway is 'irresponsible' but toddlers driving a car is fine? Please.... I agree there is nothing wrong with the Hyundai ad, but if it is allowed then the other ads should be allowed too. Bloody goody goodys.

Vectracious
23rd February 2007, 03:32 PM
I bet you Harold Scruby and the Pedestrian wankers of Australia had something to say about it as well.... *rollseyes*

missxc
23rd February 2007, 03:47 PM
The Hyundai ad pisses me off. Only because the good car advertisments that use to be on are no longer allowed. So an SS Ute doing circles, or the SS doing the slalom around the kids toys in the driveway is 'irresponsible' but toddlers driving a car is fine? Please.... I agree there is nothing wrong with the Hyundai ad, but if it is allowed then the other ads should be allowed too. Bloody goody goodys.

I still can't believe you hate this ad! It is the most adorable ad I have ever seen!

DEE-80Y
23rd February 2007, 03:51 PM
"it was during the time of ruling of the emperor nasi goreng"

still cracks me up everytime also :D

I think i read somewhere that "nasi goreng" is a dish on a chinese menu.. lol...

btm
23rd February 2007, 04:00 PM
I think i read somewhere that "nasi goreng" is a dish on a chinese menu.. lol...

correct, pretty much fried rice - hence the fact its so freakin funny! :D

MatsHolden
23rd February 2007, 04:01 PM
I still can't believe you hate this ad! It is the most adorable ad I have ever seen!

Did you not read the whole post?

Tfer
23rd February 2007, 04:07 PM
correct, pretty much fried rice - hence the fact its so freakin funny! :D

Classic ad..... and so serious too :p

Did you not read the whole post?

Agreed.... Mat, if they let this drivel (Hyundai ad) on, then of course they should let the "power" car ads back on..... like come on :mad:

Alfonzo
24th February 2007, 01:31 AM
Do people honestly have nothing better to do but write in/call up and complain about such trivial rubbish?http://www.advertisingstandardsbureau.com.au/pages/casestudy.asp

No. Not in the slightest.

Seriously, check the cases out. Some of them really make you wonder if the complaint was thought up right after putting down the ICE pipe...

Oh actually, check out the upheld section, and go right back a few pages - you can actually read up the official complaint Harold Scruby put in against that AWD Magna ad that was displaying the AWD advantage on a gravel road versus two RWD competitors...

Shaun
24th February 2007, 02:16 AM
Discraceful that this ad has been ban..To many "do gooders" in the world. FFS when has a toddler been able to reach the pedals/ have the stenght to put a car in gear or turn the wheel or even turn the Key.

What is the world coming to really.

Bill_G
24th February 2007, 05:43 AM
I think i read somewhere that "nasi goreng" is a dish on a chinese menu.. lol...Actually, I think you'll find it's an Indonesian dish. ;)

Turblue
24th February 2007, 07:51 AM
They banned the ad due to the fear that toddlers may drive the car?

What a load of bullshit! This is just another example of the sensitive touchy feely rubbish we now have to abide by in order to not offend some ferrel tree hugging bushpig minority group.

This sort of garbage is a sad reflection on our current way of life. Honestly, what moron parent believes little 2yo Cathy is going to watch the ad, pick up car keys and go for a spin? Are they completely stupid?

But as per normal some screwed up minority group of wankers, gets their way again. It is certainly about time people took responsibility for their own actions.

Might need more coffee or sleep.... :boohoo:

Oh, BTW....

Actually, I think you'll find it's an Indonesian dish. ;)

Quite correct. Literally means fried rice. :dance:

Charlatan
24th February 2007, 08:40 AM
Hooray for the do-gooders, and Harold Scrubby, I bet that pr!ck had something to do with it.

On the up side, at least its been banned, cause it was probably one of the worst adverts I have ever seen.

Shaun
24th February 2007, 10:26 PM
They banned the ad due to the fear that toddlers may drive the car?

What a load of bullshit! This is just another example of the sensitive touchy feely rubbish we now have to abide by in order to not offend some ferrel tree hugging bushpig minority group.

This sort of garbage is a sad reflection on our current way of life. Honestly, what moron parent believes little 2yo Cathy is going to watch the ad, pick up car keys and go for a spin? Are they completely stupid?

But as per normal some screwed up minority group of wankers, gets their way again. It is certainly about time people took responsibility for their own actions.

Might need more coffee or sleep.... :boohoo:

Oh, BTW....

Quite correct. Literally means fried rice. :dance:

So true wayne... i cant believe the tossers banned it. like the territory ad was ban too...

pred8r
24th February 2007, 11:46 PM
Why cant babies drive?

I saw garden gnomes steal a car on an ad a while back.

Although the stuffed toys in this (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JPuP4fvlSYw&mode=related&search=) ad are much better.

poita
25th February 2007, 01:26 AM
a car stereo place up here had that running on there adds for a little while.
i saw it ont eh net ages ago, was very shocked to actually see it on tv

turblue truer words couldnt of been spoken.
stupid weed smoking tree huggin do gooders!!!!

Shaun
13th March 2007, 09:27 PM
http://www.hyundai.com.au/

The advert can still be Seen on the Hyundai Website. Thank god that its allowed still there.

R3N
14th March 2007, 03:57 AM
Actually, I think you'll find it's an Indonesian dish. ;)

and/or Malaysian

Red AH SRI T
14th March 2007, 07:52 AM
i wish death on Harold Scruby

Tfer
14th March 2007, 08:31 AM
Why cant babies drive?

I saw garden gnomes steal a car on an ad a while back.

Although the stuffed toys in this (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JPuP4fvlSYw&mode=related&search=) ad are much better.

Tehe hahahahaha so much better than the Hyundai ad :D

Anyway.... past caring about the ad.... rather sucked anyway :rolleyes:

I do care that minorities can overall the general majority..... that also sucks big time!

My 2 cents...