PDA

View Full Version : Wheels

ZC_74
31st January 2007, 01:31 PM
Guys

Sorry if this is a bit of a dumb one....

Will the 18" star alloys of the New Astra SRi Turbo fit on a Vectra C?

EL BURITO
31st January 2007, 01:51 PM
will have to check the offset but the stud pattem is the same.

Belive the off set is ET38 not entilly positive

ope126
31st January 2007, 07:26 PM
ZC_74 I am considering the new 18" wheels from the Astra Twin Top... They look the goods. :D

Not saying the SRi wheels don't look good, however they are more sporty; whereas the Twin Top wheels are all about style! ;)

ZC_74
1st February 2007, 01:04 PM
ZC_74 I am considering the new 18" wheels from the Astra Twin Top... They look the goods. :D

Not saying the SRi wheels don't look good, however they are more sporty; whereas the Twin Top wheels are all about style! ;)

I must admit that I don't mind them either. They remind me of wheels off an A8 or S8 Audi.

I like the star ones because they open the wheel right up (good for painted callipers and slotted/cross drilled rotors) and they are much easier to clean

ZC_74
1st February 2007, 01:04 PM

Who can I find this out from?

Mikster
1st February 2007, 01:24 PM
If the Stud Pattern is the same, it should fit provding the wheel base is wide enough for them. Best thing to do is ring Holden and ask for the specs they will have the answers you need.

On the point of Painted Calipers anyone know how much these are to purchase and where from ???

ZC_74
1st February 2007, 02:14 PM

Do you mean the offset on the vectra is ET38 or the Astra?

entice
1st February 2007, 03:45 PM
doesnt the twin top have 17's?

according to the website it does....

ZC_74
1st February 2007, 03:51 PM
I thought the ones shown in the ad were the 'optional' 18's

imay
1st February 2007, 04:09 PM
I thought the ones shown in the ad were the 'optional' 18's

They are . . . at about $3K changeover from the standard 17" alloys.

And I would love a set for my TS convertible!!

ZC_74
1st February 2007, 04:14 PM
They are . . . at about $3K changeover from the standard 17" alloys.

And I would love a set for my TS convertible!!

I dare so most that buy one will take the option or be convinced of it. They look so much better than the stocko's

Still. $3K is a big ask..

Oz
2nd February 2007, 05:56 PM
Well mate, now you know from the vectra-c forum that they will fit.

Forgot to mention in my vectra-c reply that I was also quoted A$3k for them. I however, have no doubt you could & probably would get them cheaper than that.

ZC_74
2nd February 2007, 06:22 PM
Good ol' holden.

I'm hoping WheelKing in Melbourne will give me a better quote.

I've also started 'opelising' the car so will have to get caps.

entice
2nd February 2007, 06:26 PM
so let me get this right..

the 18's on the convertible cost more than the 18's for the sri???

Madness!

Anyway, if someone has a set of 17's from the convertible, let me know.. I kinda like them!

imay
2nd February 2007, 10:04 PM
so let me get this right..

the 18's on the convertible cost more than the 18's for the sri???

And . . . I am led to believe this is a "changeover" price. That is, $3000 on top of the convertible cost, and they keep your 17" wheels.
The TwinTop brochure also says "Tyres not included." So I'm not sure if that price actually includes tyres. You're probably left to find that out just before you sign on the bottom line!
I stand to be corrected on any of this, but this is the information that was given to me by two separate salespeople earlier this week when I took a TwinTop for a drive.

They still look nice but!

entice
2nd February 2007, 10:30 PM
nah!

no way!

The 18's on the SRI are around about a 2-2.5K "accessory" on all astra's, plus tyres. You get to keep the standard rims and tyres.

no way are the twin top 18"s a 3K changeover! if so, you're better off buying them as a spare part (at trade over the counter) sourcing your own tyres, and selling thw 17's to me...

way in front!